Atlantic City Eastbound Strangler 4 Women Found Dead behind Motel Egg Harbor Twp, Nov 2006

I sure wish Harrison would let the NY Post and the rest of us in on the secret clue that tells them he isn’t connected.
Doesn't it seem likely that the reason he is excluded is that his DNA doesn't match? Wasn't the handyman who was reported by his girlfriend as a possible suspect for the Atlantic City murders ruled out after his DNA sample didn't match? (I assume that man's DNA was taken after the conviction for invasion of privacy - related to surreptitiously taking a video recording of his girlfriend's teen daughter undressing.).

So, they must have DNA from at least one of the AC victims (perhaps from the rope/cord ligature used to strangle KR...?) and I would guess they have offender DNA from more than one victim if they are certain it can be depended upon to rule anyone out.

By Wayne Parry • Updated 57 mins ago​

1690726346096.png
A car drives past a vacant lot, Wednesday, July 27, 2023, in Egg Harbor Township, N.J., where a string of seedy motels used to stand. The discovery of four dead women in a drainage ditch behind the motels just outside Atlantic City was shocking news in 2006.

''The arrest earlier this month of a man charged with killing three women whose remains were found on a Long Island beach in 2010 has breathed fresh life into another long-dormant case with obvious parallels; the Gilgo Beach serial killings involve a total of 11 victims, most of whom were young, female sex workers. Yet the recent breakthrough, and the rekindling of public interest, only highlights a painful truth: Many similar cases – like the one in Atlantic City -- remain open.

The FBI would not say how many killings of sex workers in the U.S. remain unsolved. Media accounts and statements from local authorities show a long trail of open cases, from nine women whose bodies were found along highways in Massachusetts, to 11 found dead in New Mexico, and eight more found amid the crawfish farms and swamps of southern Louisiana. The killings of other sex workers in Chicago, New Haven, Connecticut and Ohio, among other places, also remain mysteries.''

''The $15-a-night motel in Egg Harbor Township behind which the four bodies were found is long gone. It was torn down in an attempt to clear a seedy area known for crime, drugs and disturbances – and the murders of Barbara Breidor, 42, Molly Jean Dilts, 20, Kim Raffo, 35, and Tracy Ann Roberts, 23.

Because it is near the ocean, like Gilgo Beach, the location has prompted much speculation by amateur detectives about a single killer, but some other online sleuths have pointed out that oceanside areas are often the remotest locations after hours on the densely packed East Coast. Gilgo Beach is about 3.5 hours drive from Atlantic City.''

From the days of London’s Jack The Ripper in the 1880s, serial killers, particularly those preying on sex workers, have often gotten away with it, in part because their victims were easy targets living on the margins of society.

Gary Ridgway, the so-called Green River killer convicted of 49 killings in Washington state, said at during a 2003 court hearing in which he pleaded guilty that he chose sex workers as victims because he knew they would not be missed quickly, if at all.

“I picked prostitutes because I thought I could kill as many of them as I wanted without getting caught,” he said.

Doesn't it seem likely that the reason he is excluded is that his DNA doesn't match? Wasn't the handyman who was reported by his girlfriend as a possible suspect for the Atlantic City murders ruled out after his DNA sample didn't match? (I assume that man's DNA was taken after the conviction for invasion of privacy - related to surreptitiously taking a video recording of his girlfriend's teen daughter undressing.).

So, they must have DNA from at least one of the AC victims (perhaps from the rope/cord ligature used to strangle KR...?) and I would guess they have offender DNA from more than one victim if they are certain it can be depended upon to rule anyone out.

If AC detectives have the killers DNA, then they should run a familial genealogy test & will know exactly who he is......just like they ran with LISK & GSK.

In a media statement over the summer, Reynolds said investigators from Atlantic City met with their New York counterparts to “compare timelines, dates, methodologies, etc. of both cases” and “there does not seem to be a connection.”

“All the initial suspects have been ruled out,” Kelly says. “We believe it had to be someone who knew Atlantic City. The Gilgo Beach Killer would have needed to travel more than 150 miles from Long Island to Atlantic City.”

Phelps believes the Eastbound Strangler case is solvable if police officials would go back and conduct new interviews with the sex workers he met after the four victims were discovered, he says. He theorizes the suspect may be someone who was trafficking the victims.

“What you have is a group of women murdered because their killer no longer has any use for them,” Phelps speculates. “Who would that be? The person who oversees them. Generally speaking, that is the most logical answer.”

By Wayne Parry • Updated 57 mins ago​

View attachment 437862
A car drives past a vacant lot, Wednesday, July 27, 2023, in Egg Harbor Township, N.J., where a string of seedy motels used to stand. The discovery of four dead women in a drainage ditch behind the motels just outside Atlantic City was shocking news in 2006.

''The arrest earlier this month of a man charged with killing three women whose remains were found on a Long Island beach in 2010 has breathed fresh life into another long-dormant case with obvious parallels; the Gilgo Beach serial killings involve a total of 11 victims, most of whom were young, female sex workers. Yet the recent breakthrough, and the rekindling of public interest, only highlights a painful truth: Many similar cases – like the one in Atlantic City -- remain open.

The FBI would not say how many killings of sex workers in the U.S. remain unsolved. Media accounts and statements from local authorities show a long trail of open cases, from nine women whose bodies were found along highways in Massachusetts, to 11 found dead in New Mexico, and eight more found amid the crawfish farms and swamps of southern Louisiana. The killings of other sex workers in Chicago, New Haven, Connecticut and Ohio, among other places, also remain mysteries.''

''The $15-a-night motel in Egg Harbor Township behind which the four bodies were found is long gone. It was torn down in an attempt to clear a seedy area known for crime, drugs and disturbances – and the murders of Barbara Breidor, 42, Molly Jean Dilts, 20, Kim Raffo, 35, and Tracy Ann Roberts, 23.

Because it is near the ocean, like Gilgo Beach, the location has prompted much speculation by amateur detectives about a single killer, but some other online sleuths have pointed out that oceanside areas are often the remotest locations after hours on the densely packed East Coast. Gilgo Beach is about 3.5 hours drive from Atlantic City.''
I agree

I didnt realize how close together these killings happened.

Would this be considered a spree killing
I think these killing are closer than the police would like , I do not believe anyone wants to place these serial kills with the New York Long Island kills but there are ties from these girls to LISK . It is always played down . Why ? Again not sure but in time it will surface

FEBRUARY 28, 2024 rbbm
FRANCISCO ALVARADO
''The victims were sex workers who likely met the serial killer in Atlantic City’s red-light district, says John Kelly, founder of S.T.A.L.K. (System To Apprehend Lethal Killers), a New Jersey-based criminal profiling firm. Kelly’s organization assisted law enforcement agencies in Atlantic City and Egg Harborduring the early stages of the investigation, he tells A&E True Crime.

Police officials believe whoever murdered Raffo, Breidor, Dilts and Roberts lured them away from Atlantic City to Egg Harbor, where they were killed and disposed of, Kelly says''.

All four women were fully clothed except for their feet. They had been placed about 320 feet apart in the water, Kelly says.

“The killer positioned his victims with their arms stretched out and their heads pointed east, toward Atlantic City,” Kelly says. “That’s why some people call it the ‘Eastbound Strangler’ case. He anchored the bodies to the side of a ditch using their feet. He tried his best for as long as he could to keep them from being seen.”

The dumping location had another benefit for the serial killer. “[He] really covered his tracks by putting [the bodies] in the canal,” Kelly says. “They eventually would have been found, but they were in the water long enough for very little evidence to be collected.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back