Audio/Video Interview Transcription Project

You might also want to check out Dragon "Naturally Speaking" speech recognition program. It's one of the oldest speech2text programs out there, and while the results will not be perfect, it could save a great deal of work.

Here's their site: http://www.nuance.com/naturallyspeaking/

I do have a web site where I am transcribing some of the .pdf files already (and this is a work in progress) so perhaps you may want to check the list so you'll know at least from here what has not been transcribed so you don't waste time duplicating. :)

http://www.acandyrose.com/caylee_anthony_transcripts.htm

ACR
www.acandyrose.com

This has been approved by me, Tricia. ACR is one of the most amazing women I know. Please visit her site and support it if you can.

Great to see you, Candyrose! Thanks so much for posting that!

Between you and Shadowraiths, you save everyone a lot of time around here. :) Kudos to you both!

I do have a web site where I am transcribing some of the .pdf files already (and this is a work in progress) so perhaps you may want to check the list so you'll know at least from here what has not been transcribed so you don't waste time duplicating. :)

ACR
www.acandyrose.com
I just checked your site - its says Cindy Anthony interview 8/1/08 part 1 - are you working on the other parts? This is the interview I said I would do - let me know if you are going to continue or where I should pick up at. Thankx

I just checked your site - its says Cindy Anthony interview 8/1/08 part 1 - are you working on the other parts? This is the interview I said I would do - let me know if you are going to continue or where I should pick up at. Thankx

I have only completed the part 1 and have not started on the part 2 or 3 of that interview date. I did have plans on doing the other two, but I don't know when that will be as I'm trying to do ten things at one time :eek: If you want to pick up where I left off that would be great. Thank you :)

These were the videos I was working from:

Cindy A. Interview Part 1 - (This is the one I completed)
http://www.local6.com/video/17566675/index.html

Cindy A. Interview Part 2 -
http://www.local6.com/video/17566731/index.html

Cindy A. Interview Part 3
http://www.local6.com/video/17566782/index.html

ACR

Please let me know if there is any way I can help y'all!

ACR
www.acandyrose.com

WOW, ACR!!!! Your site is phenomenal. What a tremendous amount of work you do.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post.

No, I sure don't want to duplicate your efforts lol. Your work is excellent!

So, I guess what I'd like to do now that I know about you, is to volunteer, if I may, to help out on your project. I'm not a professional transcriptionist(!). I can listen, and I can type, and I'm fairly good at following instructions lol. That about sums it up.

Please let me know if there's anything at all I can do to help out on your project.

Thank you again,

BeanE

WOW, ACR!!!! Your site is phenomenal. What a tremendous amount of work you do.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post.

No, I sure don't want to duplicate your efforts lol. Your work is excellent!

So, I guess what I'd like to do now that I know about you, is to volunteer, if I may, to help out on your project. I'm not a professional transcriptionist(!). I can listen, and I can type, and I'm fairly good at following instructions lol. That about sums it up.

Please let me know if there's anything at all I can do to help out on your project.

Thank you again,

BeanE

Hi BeanE, and thank you. I sure don't mean to steal your thunder on your transcript project, I just wanted to let you guys know I had already done a bunch of the transcripts and hated to see you guys duplicate because I know that no matter what method one uses to transcribe it's still a LOT of work. :eek:

And I not a professional transcriptionist either, far from it, and actually I was originally only following the Caylee case on the sidelines as I'm knee deep in documenting the Peterson and Savio cases in the Chicago area, but I took a side step and was doing these transcripts for a friend of mine. Of course in the process the Caylee case has drawn my interest. :)

That said, I have not done but one transcript from a *video* (none from audios) and that was only part 1 of 3 of Cindy A's 8/1/08 interview, and I side stepped doing that mainly because I wanted to hear her "nanny Tampa accident story" and the "Jeff H was dating the nanny story." It's mind boggling to say the least !!

So at this point any help on videos or audio transcipts would be extremely helpful. I've mainly been concentrating on doing the .PDF files so if the text format is needed to reference as a quote during forum discussion then it will be available to copy and paste within a posting. Everything I have done so far is listed on my Transcript directory page and I am currently working on the Danny C (tattoo shop owner) transcript so if anybody wants to work on any other .pdf files I don't have listed, that would be cool and they could perhaps post here on this thread what they are doing here so nobody else will duplicate. I appreciate any help and that's why I'm willing to share all that I have done.

I also want to add that I'm quite impressed with Websleuths participation following this case. The Q&A and chats with some of the case players was very respectful and professional so kundos to all of you on that. :clap:

ACR

ACR
www.acandyrose.com

This has been approved by me, Tricia. ACR is one of the most amazing women I know. Please visit her site and support it if you can.
Thanks ACandyRose. Your work is greatly appreciated.

My friends, ACR is well known on the Internet for her hard and precise work in true crime cases. She is THEE expert of all the facts in the JonBenet case.

I have given her permission to post her website information at WS because it is something we all will appreciate.

ACR does this work, like you all, out of the goodness of her heart.

Thank you again my dear. You are greatly loved and appreciated for all you do.

Tricia

Oh gosh, ACR, no thunder to steal, believe me. Not knowing about your website, I was just going to transcribe a couple interviews for my own use, then thought I might as well suggest it on here in case others might find it helpful.

Now that I have found you though :) I'd just like to offer some help in whatever way I can.

I'd also like to express my appreciation to you, because I know I'm going to be on your site a lot from now on!

Thanks!

BeanE

Hi BeanE, and thank you. I sure don't mean to steal your thunder on your transcript project, I just wanted to let you guys know I had already done a bunch of the transcripts and hated to see you guys duplicate because I know that no matter what method one uses to transcribe it's still a LOT of work. :eek:

And I not a professional transcriptionist either, far from it, and actually I was originally only following the Caylee case on the sidelines as I'm knee deep in documenting the Peterson and Savio cases in the Chicago area, but I took a side step and was doing these transcripts for a friend of mine. Of course in the process the Caylee case has drawn my interest. :)

That said, I have not done but one transcript from a *video* (none from audios) and that was only part 1 of 3 of Cindy A's 8/1/08 interview, and I side stepped doing that mainly because I wanted to hear her "nanny Tampa accident story" and the "Jeff H was dating the nanny story." It's mind boggling to say the least !!

So at this point any help on videos or audio transcipts would be extremely helpful. I've mainly been concentrating on doing the .PDF files so if the text format is needed to reference as a quote during forum discussion then it will be available to copy and paste within a posting. Everything I have done so far is listed on my Transcript directory page and I am currently working on the Danny C (tattoo shop owner) transcript so if anybody wants to work on any other .pdf files I don't have listed, that would be cool and they could perhaps post here on this thread what they are doing here so nobody else will duplicate. I appreciate any help and that's why I'm willing to share all that I have done.

I also want to add that I'm quite impressed with Websleuths participation following this case. The Q&A and chats with some of the case players was very respectful and professional so kundos to all of you on that. :clap:

ACR

Tricia, you're embarrassing me. :crazy:

I have finished and added the following to the transcript directory:

- Danny C (Tattoo Parlor owner) Interview 07/17/08
- Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez vs Casey Anthony 09/24/2008 Complaint (Transcribed by Scooter)

ACR

I find that where we have only audio or video, I'm frequenting wanting a copy in text, preferably searchable text.

I'm more than happy to volunteer to transcribe Cindy Anthony's interview from August 4.

Some thoughts on making this into a project:

- Decide first which interviews to transcribe
- Make sure a transcription doesn't already exist
- Have one person per interview who volunteers to transcribe
- Need volunteers to listen and read the transcriptions, identify words spoken that are missing from, or sound different from, what's read in the transcription. Either clarify or bring to the project thread to ask others to also volunteer to listen and read to help clarify, and then agree on the word(s)
- Decide on a format, what kind of file, etc. (I'd personally prefer a plain old ordinary text file. We could also offer a text file plus a PDF file or whatever we wanted.)

Anybody else game?

TIA,
BeanE

BeanE and others, if anybody does do a transcript and is willing to share to have it put on my Caylee Transcript directory web site, I personally need the file in plain old ordinary unformatted text like in a Notepad file. I can't use any other format. Thanks.

My e-mail is acandyrose@aol.com

ACR

Big thanks for everyone who is working on this project! :blowkiss:

It makes reading these transcripts so much easier and the set up at ACandyRose puts it all right at your fingertips! Great job done by all!

You all ROCK! :clap:

Does anyone have a transcript of Casey Anthony's interviews?

I'm still working on transcribing George's interview with LE but if this has been done by someone else, please DO let me know! This takes a long time to do and I would hate to be working on it if has already been done! Also - the only format that I know how to do this in is Word...Does someone know how to change that to "Notebook" once I'm done???

:confused:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedWriter
Back