Aunt Interview/Stepmom says Zahra Died Sept 24 *merged*

I know nothing of the IMVU angle but I think it is logical to think that if EB claimed to be a pagan (WE DONT CLAIM HER BTW) the full moon was on the 24th. With her fascination with vampires and claims of being a pagan or witch or whatever, she would probably be aware of the full moon. Also that was autumn equinox or harvest moon if I recall, so yeah, there may be a significance.

I agree with others who say they disbelieve the date of the 24th due to the furniture store sighting. I find them way more credible than EB. But the moon would have had the appeance of fullness on the night of the 25th. Techincall I think the full moon was at its fullest on the morning of the 24th.

thanks for this

as someone posted earlier this is not a lady that pays attention to dates etc so i was trying in my mind to rectify why she would pick the 24th

in my mind it would have to be a date that held some sort of meaning, not sure if this is making any sense or not, just not like picking out a date out of thin air although with EB nothing would surprise me but she seems to be consistent in some things

must be getting late i am sure that made no sense whatsoever rofl

I had to come out of lurkdom to post here.I do not know all the particulars about this case but to say that someone panicked when dismembering a child???!!!That is so not a natural response to your child dying from "natural causes".I cannot believe I just read that.I could be offbase but it seemed as though the person offering the explanation was nonchalant and it was reasonable.I am sorry for butting in lol but I could not believe what I had read.I had to vent somewhere.

the entire story makes no sense if you catch up with the story and vent lol

it comes naturally to me :D

..if she had been sick for 2 weeks, that puts the start date of this deathly illness @ sept.10th then-------odd that the furniture store employees noticed her up and about with a smile! on sept. 25th...

So am I. Why she would give the date of 9/24, however, is beyond my understanding if she had taken Zahra out in public on the 25th. Wouldn't it occur to her someone may have remembered seeing Zahra? :waitasec: MOO

thanks for this

as someone posted earlier this is not a lady that pays attention to dates etc so i was trying in my mind to rectify why she would pick the 24th

in my mind it would have to be a date that held some sort of meaning, not sure if this is making any sense or not, just not like picking out a date out of thin air although with EB nothing would surprise me but she seems to be consistent in some things

must be getting late i am sure that made no sense whatsoever rofl

I think she picked the 24th to discount the sighting at the furniture store.

Those employees can vouch for the fact that Zahra was not deathly ill on the 25th. How can EB say she died of natural causes in just 2 short weeks? Cancer is fast but not that fast.

So her only option is to say that Zahra died the day BEFORE. She thinks that if she admits to all the horrible acts after, then why would anyone doubt her when she gives that date? That discredits the furniture store sighting (in her deluded mind) and Zahra's condition at that time.

Notice that she didn't come out with this date right away. No, not until she had figured out when the last possible sighting of Zahra was - and then she backtracked a day to make it look like they were mistaken.

I believe Zahra died well before the date of 10/9/10 when she was reported missing. Whether it was on the date EB claims (9/24/10), or shortly after the date that the furniture staff saw her (9/25/10), I do not know. LE has cell phone information that is going to be pretty hard to explain in court for EB (9/25/10 presence at disposal locations). IMHO, the absence of AB's cell phone means as much as duck poop. Hello!!! If the only action necessary to declare my innocence as I dispose of the dismembered remains of a child, is to leave my cell phone behind while I drive two vehicles to dispose of them, then that is a scary thought indeed!!! :croc:

RALEIGH, N.C. — A relative of Zahra Baker's stepmother said Wednesday that the jailed woman told her the 10-year-old girl died of an illness and that her parents "went wild," dismembering and hiding her remains.

Boncetta "Buzzie" Winkler, 76, told The Associated Press that she met this week with her niece, Elisa Baker, and talked about what happened to the freckle-faced Australian girl whose disappearance and death have riveted communities in North Carolina and her native country.

"She'd been sick two weeks before she died," Winkler said. "When they found her, I guess they didn't know what to do. They just went wild."

BBM.

"They just went wild." What, with grief, pleasure, anger? What? Absolute and utter BS IMO! I truly believe that Zahra was murdered either by blows to her body, strangulation or poison. Or all three!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/7367583.html

bet you could get the truth with one of those abdominal hooks they used in the inquisition.

no way she died on the 24th after a 2 week sickness, seen by furniture store employee and 2 verifying witnesses on 9/25/2010.

eb is a liar, duh.

I don't necessarily say she had to have died on the 24th, as EB claims--although her cell phone pings at the relevant sites the next day seem telling--but my question is WHY would she lie and pick that particular day? Is there some benefit to her for the police to believe it was 9/24, as opposed to 9/27 or 10/1? What's the incentive for lying about that particular bit?

After all, she did give good info regarding where to look for the remains and where to find what evidence in the house, so she isn't ALWAYS lying. Presumably she gave the info about the evidence in hopes of making a deal. Perhaps she is telling the truth about the date of death for the same reason?

JMO

uh yeah, cause I know whenever my kid dies and I freak out I think "dismemberment, thats the solution"

Then I go out and run all over dropping off remains.

Just to unwind, I chat with my friends in my virtual role playing world about how fun it would be to commit a virtual chainsaw massacre.

PLEASE NOTE THE ENTIRE POST IS LACED HEAVILY WITH SARCASM!

I am wondering if TOD will e able to be discerned and what the window will be based on method of disposal and how long the remains were out there in the elements etc. WIll They be able to tell us which day? Which week? How precise will the remains allow them to state the TOD? This is going to be crucial, I think.

I'm one of those people that don't entirely believe the furniture store sighting of EB and Zahra. I firmly believe that a person (good with dates or not) would know what date a child in their care died. That is something that will stick in a person's mind. I also believe that there is no reason for EB to lie about the date that Zahra died. What would the purpose of that be? I can see about telling lies as to how the child died, who killed her, who dismembered her and who "dumped" her but not the date.

There is a connection between at least two of the women at the furniture store and someone that is not in all of this mess but is on the outskirts of it. I also find it extremely odd that for some unknown reasons the security camaras had not been turned on that day. Also, and I need some help remembering this part exactly, wasn't there conflicting stories from the 3 furniture store workers?! Like two said that EB and Zahra was there on the 25th and another one said that it was EB, Zahra and an unidentified woman?!

I don't believe more than half of what comes out of EBs mouth but I do tend to believe her on the date of death.

posting this to clarify about the dates and the full moon I posted about earlier. I was mistaken, the Autumn euqinox and harvest moon happened on September 23rd in the hours of the morning, close to dawn. In case dates of role playing mentioned in IMVU warrant and TOD are at some point released, this info could be very telling.

ETA

When the night of the harvest moon coincides with the night of the equinox, it is called a "Super Harvest Moon."[1] In 2010 in the contiguous United States, the harvest moon happened in the early morning hours of Sept 23, only 5 1/2 hours after the autumnal equinox, creating the first Super Harvest Moon since 1991.[2]

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvest_moon[/ame]

There is a connection between at least two of the women at the furniture store and someone that is not in all of this mess but is on the outskirts of it.
Respectively snipped.

Are you able to elaborate more on this TorisMom?

I'm one of those people that don't entirely believe the furniture store sighting of EB and Zahra. I firmly believe that a person (good with dates or not) would know what date a child in their care died. That is something that will stick in a person's mind. I also believe that there is no reason for EB to lie about the date that Zahra died. What would the purpose of that be? I can see about telling lies as to how the child died, who killed her, who dismembered her and who "dumped" her but not the date.

There is a connection between at least two of the women at the furniture store and someone that is not in all of this mess but is on the outskirts of it. I also find it extremely odd that for some unknown reasons the security camaras had not been turned on that day. Also, and I need some help remembering this part exactly, wasn't there conflicting stories from the 3 furniture store workers?! Like two said that EB and Zahra was there on the 25th and another one said that it was EB, Zahra and an unidentified woman?!

I don't believe more than half of what comes out of EBs mouth but I do tend to believe her on the date of death.

I don't think I've seen interviews with other employees of the store, but the one I did see said there WAS "another woman" with them:

A floor manager at a Hickory furniture store, Adams was working when Zahra came into the store on Sept. 25 with her stepmother and another woman, Adams said on Saturday.
(http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...-may-have-been-last-to-see.html#ixzz1AE6CSdkm)

The article goes into detail about what the employee remembers of the sighting.

reported missing on October 9. A sighting of her is reported by furniture store personnel on October 18 according to this article, but we know reporting has been a bit fast and loose with facts in this case.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ore-confirm-sighting-missing-cancer-girl.html

So the sighting at furniture store was 8 or 9 days after.

Trying to really consider with an open mind, if I can figure out what day it was if I were asked to recall something such as that (seeing a missing person, a child no less) that I knew I had seen a week, week and a half ago.

I think I could. I would remember that that was the day I was working on "this" and I was iritated because I had to stop by the store and figure out something I felt like making a the store, DH wasn't going to be home for dinner so I was going to suit myself, that would have made it saturday. Which makes sense because my coworker remembered the person was watching a day specific show on tv, etc, etc, etc.

If I had witnessed something or someone important, I could totally rebuild that day to the point of being able to say what the date was based on what I was doing and what else happened in that day.

reported missing on October 9. A sighting of her is reported by furniture store personnel on October 18 according to this article, but we know reporting has been a bit fast and loose with facts in this case.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ore-confirm-sighting-missing-cancer-girl.html

Trying to really consider with an open mind, if I can figure out what day it was if I were asked to recall something such as that (seeing a missing person, a child no less) that I knew I had seen a week, week and a half ago.

I think I could. I would remember that that was the day I was working on "this" and I was iritated because I had to stop by the store and figure out something I felt like making a the store, DH wasn't going to be home for dinner so I was going to suit myself, that would have made it saturday. Which makes sense because my coworker remembered the person was watching a day specific show on tv, etc, etc, etc.

If I had witnessed something or someone important, I could totally rebuild that day to the point of being able to say what the date was based on what I was doing and what else happened in that day.

Actually, the sighting itself was about three weeks prior to its being reported. That is, they saw her on 9/25 and told police about it on 10/17. However, they say the reason they remembered her so well was that they were struck with the sadness of a child with a prosthetic leg and hearing aid, and because they noticed her unusual name. They reported that she seemed clean and happy and didn't look like she had been abused.

(http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...may-have-been-last-to-see.html#ixzz1AE6CSdkm; http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637)

we really dont know when LE became aware of this info it could of been right away but there was more than one person that did confirm seeing her

this has been an incredible LE agency i simply cannot say enough about them

i do though think work schedules could of played a big part in this, or maybe if there was a big sale happening, maybe some locals would know this or not

You are right Alluzons :dizzy:

But I am still pretty sure I could reconstruct day of week for something like that, unless it was the most boring, typical, ordinary day ever. You may have a point, what if the cartoons are being given too much significance when employees are reconstructing their day all those weeks later?

But, there are three of them who I haven't known to lie, or be resposible for a child, dead and dismembered in while in their care and custody. I cannot say the same for EB.

We will have to see how this plays out and just what LE has been able to gather from the proceeds of these warrants.

I am just glad to see some movement on Zahra's case.

You are right Alluzons :dizzy:

But I am still pretty sure I could reconstruct day of week for something like that, unless it was the most boring, typical, ordinary day ever. You may have a point, what if the cartoons are being given too much significance when employees are reconstructing their day all those weeks later?

But, there are three of them who I haven't known to lie, or be resposible for a child, dead and dismembered in while in their care and custody. I cannot say the same for EB.

We will have to see how this plays out and just what LE has been able to gather from the proceeds of these warrants.

I am just glad to see some movement on Zahra's case.

your right there is still much to play out on this

although the article is dated the 17th the friday would of been the 15th

what i cant seem to recall well is when LE actually stated they could not come up with a timeline within the last month, maybe that promted them to contact LE not realizing that they may have critical info

Even if, as you have speculated, someone at the furniture store had a FB friendship with or somehow knew EB or an EB associate, can you elaborate as to:

Why would someone in cahoots with EB or someone else associated with her, come forward, open themselves up to being checked out (credibility check is usually done on key witnesses in murder cases) and then say the child was alive a day after EB would ultimately tell police Zahra was already dead?

Who would this be helpful to? Why would three people perpetuate it? Even if one could be tied to EB via FB pages, what would cause the other two to join such a lie?

For someone like EB I would imagine the 24th-25th, Friday-Saturday, might all run together. She didn't work and Zahra wasn't in school, add drugs, and I just don't see her being a stickler for dates. Oh, except Halloween.

I'm more concerned about why she was buying a mattress in the first place. Was it to replace Zahra's. In the beginning, LE was searching for Zahra's mattress upon rumors the B's had disposed of it. That would make sense after Zahra's death, but why a new one prior to? What had happened to the old one? Then there was talk about the mattress with the big dark stain at AY's cousins' house, the one which the cousin supposedly pee'd on when he was drunk. Why so much talk of mattresses in this case??? (It was interesting to note the LE requested cell phone records for the cell phone registered to one cousin, but sometimes used by the other.)

Whatever the reason, EB did buy a mattress from an individual, not the furniture store. LE requested the seller's telephone records because she and EB exchanged phone calls and texts. The seller, AF, cannot remember the exact date of the sale, but LE requested the records going back to September 20th, indicating the transaction took place near that date.

A list of events occurring near September 24th:

1. Near but not prior to September 20th -- EB purchases a mattress from AF
  2. September 22nd -- A discussion about chain saw massacre games on IMVU
  3. September 23rd -- Autumnal equinox, impressive harvest moon present through the 25th
  4. September 25th -- EB's cell phone places her in the vicinity of the remains sites
  5. September 25th -- Zahra is allegedly seen alive and well in a furniture store with EB
EB might lie, but cell phones don't. So, either the furniture store employees are mistaken, or EB had another reason for being around Christie Rd and Dudley Shoals on the 25th. If I had to guess right now, I'd say she was busy planning an event which took place shortly afterward.

I can only guess, it was a Saturday and no one was responsible that day? No one likes to work on Saturdays.

I have been unlucky tonight to open the warrants for some reason. I'm wanting the cell phone records warrant, and where it states that EB's cell phone was at the sites where Zahra was found on September 25th, 2010 to be exact. TIA, muchas gracias amigos . xoxooxox

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back