Aunt Interview/Stepmom says Zahra Died Sept 24 *merged*

Adams said around 11 a.m. two women walked towards the back of the store. They were looking at a love seat when Adams asked if they needed help. They answered they were just looking.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...-may-have-been-last-to-see.html#ixzz1ATSuqCdI

From the same link:

Police reviewed the store's security video for their homicide investigation and said it was the last day Zahra was seen by someone other than a family member.

This appears to dispell the rumour that the security camera wasn't working, no?

ty faerieB for finding that link.

as to the surveilence cameras, that is not rumor but once again bad reporting on someones part. I have seen MSM links that say LE reviewed tapes, I have also seen MSM reporting that the cameras were not turned on. Just saw one of those when looking for the video about furniture shoping. arggg. I wish they would just get their facts straight for once and for all.

I agree Ticox I believe EB was looking at lounge room furniture. Definitely NOT a mattress however :)

Okay, thanks.

Irregardless of what she was looking for, I guess my point was, Zahra was not deceased on September 24th, if an eyewitness almost bumped into her on September 25th.

Either EB is lying or mistaken on the date or the furniture store witnesses are lying or mistaken about the date. I find the furniture store employees lying unlikely but given they had to go back and recreate the date all those weeks later I find it possible they may be mistaken, although I hope that is not the case.

EB is more likely to be lying or perhaps, least likely in my own opinion, is mistaken in her recreation of the date. I find this the least likely of all the possibilities as I cannot imagine that the day she took part in killing/dismembering/disposing of a child would "run into" the other days surrounding it as difficult to distinguish or recall.

Either EB is lying or mistaken on the date or the furniture store witnesses are lying or mistaken about the date. I find the furniture store employees lying unlikely but given they had to go back and recreate the date all those weeks later I find it possible they may be mistaken, although I hope that is not the case.

EB is more likely to be lying or perhaps, least likely in my own opinion, is mistaken in her recreation of the date. I find this the least likely of all the possibilities as I cannot imagine that the day she took part in killing/dismembering/disposing of a child would "run into" the other days surrounding it as difficult to distinguish or recall.

BBM

Some people do not take much mental note of numerical dates. Even when something very important or traumatic or exciting happens on a particular day, they may not have any awareness of what the DATE was. (Perhaps this is especially true for people who don't have outside structure to their lives, such a job or school or children's school or other kinds of activities that would require them to notice dates.)

JMO

No doubt it's possible EB is lying.

Maybe I am just confused, but, didn't EB say her and Adam disposed of Zahra's remains the next day, and the cell phone records indicated EB's phone was in the places she said, but NOT Adam's?

It was the "next day" wasn't it? That would make it September 25th, the same day as the Furniture Store visit.

I will have to revisit the warrants. :waitasec:

Eyewitness testimony has been proven to be highly inaccurate historically, and when you add in the time that had lapsed before Z made the news and witness were requested, they could easily be confused about the date.

I would assume since EB is trying to tie AB to this with his involvement she may be accurate about the dates.

...This appears to dispell the rumour that the security camera wasn't working, no?

This is very interesting. I tend to think they may have mentioned the video surveillance to give suspects the impression that EB and Zahra (and the other woman) were seen on that tape. Because the articles do not say that LE confirmed seeing her on the tape or saw her, themselves, on the tape. Only that they "reviewed" the tape and that it was the last time someone saw Zahra.

JMO

This is very interesting. I tend to think they may have mentioned the video surveillance to give suspects the impression that EB and Zahra (and the other woman) were seen on that tape. Because the articles do not say that LE confirmed seeing her on the tape or saw her, themselves, on the tape. Only that they "reviewed" the tape and that it was the last time someone saw Zahra.

JMO

this may very well be true and would indeed account for the differing reports in MSM regarding the surveilence video.

As in: LE reviewed surveilence tapes and it was discovered the surveilence was not opperational during some time period that encumpassed the reported sighting.

You are right, both differening reports could be true.

Just thinking ... it would be essential to establish that the furniture shop's surveillance tape was dated correctly. I presume this is done manually at some stage in the camera recording system, and if the date was out, then this may have caused the dating of this sighting to be inaccurate ... perhaps just by a single day. If for some reason it was miss-dated then this might account for dates of eye-witness statements. Maybe? Surely LE would verify correct dating in the recording system?

I lean toward the possibilty that the furniture store employees may be a week off on their day of seeing Zahra. It could be quite possible that they all knew for sure it was a Saturday, and i could see them thinking, was it 3 Saturdays ago, 4 Saturdays? etc. , and top that off with the impact of knowing you just recently seen this little girl who has now gone missing, it might skew up your recollection of timing. I have been searching for news items dated after the furniture store sighting where LE was still asking for anyone who had seen Zahra to contact them, and not having much luck, but IIRC they did state this and were asking for anyone who had seen her after Sept. 20th. The Saturday before the 25th, was the 18th....so it could coincide if the employees were in fact a week off. I am sure that they did see her but think the above quite possible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back