AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
News will probably be clearer tomorrow.

Ah, so she had the money on her!
Was she simply killed for the money she was carrying?

"He said Ms Pearce-Stevenson left Alice Springs with her daughter Khandalyce in 2008 with money she was allegedly going to use to buy drugs that she would smuggle from Adelaide to Darwin."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

That's the impression I got from the article. Karlie was cashed up (by someone) in Alice Springs to purchase drugs from Adelaide and deliver them back to Darwin. IMO I don't believe it was her money, she was just the courier.

"He said Ms Pearce-Stevenson left Alice Springs with her daughter Khandalyce in 2008 with money she was allegedly going to use to buy drugs that she would smuggle from Adelaide to Darwin."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3306861/Karlie-Pearce-Stevenson-drug-runner-fled-Alice-Springs-25-000-debt-murdered.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

A person with close ties to Ms Pearce-Stevenson’s family told police that before the 20-year-old was murdered, she had been planning to do a drug run between South Australia and the Northern Territory,
He said Ms Pearce-Stevenson left Alice Springs with her daughter Khandalyce in 2008 with money she was allegedly going to use to buy drugs that she would smuggle from Adelaide to Darwin.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rings-25-000-debt-murdered.html#ixzz3qjOm2R83

He knows an awful lot.

Did he see the money?
Where did Karlie get that amount of money I wonder? If indeed she did.
Did he inform the family of his knowledge?

The witness being 'dead man walking' will be under witness protection now.

What a waste of a young life....or I should say....2... :'(
My impression of Karlie ...JMOO...she seemed headstrong...yes...but for some reason I thought of her as sweet...call me naive....don't know why I think that but I do....

And yet...from earlier reports *I would have to go back and find them...they are weeks old now* she was into sport...everyone had seemingly good things to say...her coach I do believe & I think a couple of school chums...makes me wonder where the most recent statements come from where it claims she had few friends....I just didn't get the impression from earlier on...but I could be wayyy off of course...

Like I said....my impression only....I don't like the thought of her being dragged through the mud next...which I'm sure is about to happen....

Whether she made mistakes as we all do in our youth...or not...she & her little angel bug are the victims of horrible ends....I think once this gets to trial and reports start coming out....I'm going to be angry most of the time... :/

as always....MOO & JMOO

So this informant moved in with the 80 year old grandmother to care for her in 2010.
Presumably only months before she passed away in August of that year.
Her home was searched. Why?
This informant seems to know an awful lot. imo
Drug runs, 25K debt, family begged her not to take Khandalyce on her last run.
The police have said the family believe Karlie had set of to travel and find work with her daughter.
Gee he left it a while to call crime stoppers with all that information ... 14 days ago.
I wonder where he resides currently?

KPS lived with her grandmother as a young teenager and shortly before the informant moved in.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...27599497241?sv=3ba4167f9336f61219635d561c8f09

He could have been holding out for a reward.

I'm going to reserve my judgement and comments until SA or NSWPOL confirm Karlie's alleged 'drug running'. I've been caught out by the Daily Telegraph and its associated mastheads too many times. The Daily Mail is just a news aggregation website, so ditto as far as they're concerned.

It doesn't matter what Karlie did, or didn't do in life; she, and Khandalyce, didn't deserve to pay with their lives. Nor did they deserve such horrific and brutal deaths.

I suspected all that long-distance driving that KPS and DH/HP were doing was not sightseeing. And that last photo of her in November, looking so miserable...a huge mess for a 20 year old to find herself in, and no one to turn to for help but shady characters like DH.

But the alleged debt wasn't necessarily the motive: for eg, she may have wanted to get out of the business but it was feared she knew too much.

I'm going to reserve my judgement and comments until SA or NSWPOL confirm Karlie's alleged 'drug running'. I've been caught out by the Daily Telegraph and its associated mastheads too many times. The Daily Mail is just a news aggregation website, so ditto as far as they're concerned.

It doesn't matter what Karlie did, or didn't do in life; she, and Khandalyce, didn't deserve to pay with their lives. Nor did they deserve such horrific and brutal deaths.

Think I'll do the same Bohemian.

And agree 100%. As this has unfolded I never accepted that Angel was going to be very Angelic and was obviously running with a rough crowd. Regardless it does not diminish her violent death or the frauds.

And as for Kandalyce, the rage I'm noting from people I talk to, HP should be happy the press are camped on her front door - in other times not so long ago - it would be a lynch mob.

This "source" better be a police plant to get the birds chirping. And if so - how very brave. If it is some cretin looking for 15 minutes and a spread in New Idea - how very vulgar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm no expert, but I think that would be a very dangerous thing for someone associated with her to do: they would be open to suspicion and very violent retaliation from whomever loaned her the money.

Well there you go.

So these are stories coming out of Alice Springs from her own family?

Makes sense, we could see the driving pattern was beyond unusual.

Now to see how Daniel and Hazel fit in.

I think it is irrelevant that Karlie was a drug runner or that she had a debt, murder should not be excused on that basis <modsnip>

I think it is irrelevant that Karlie was a drug runner or that she had a debt, murder should not be excused on that basis <modsnip>

We know nothing about this girls life and why she made her decisions. And I wouldn't judge based on this story either.

She's still a victim, this is still murder, but the circumstances of her life are clearly important.

I don't think it's ever the young woman's idea to get into the drug mule business, from what I've heard it's a deliberate strategy by the dealers, they target young women who have no criminal record but are anxious to become more independent of their family, he flatters them and convinces them that it will be easy. Young women are considered to be less likely to be searched by police - and unfortunately, someone with children will be even less suspicious.

I don't think there's any conflict between being victim-friendly and also saddened by the life choices that the victim made. I certainly would never blame KPS for what happened to her, but I feel immense sadness for her that she embarked on this lifestyle and put herself and her baby in such peril.

There are so many things that made me feel sad about this case. Karlie dying with fear for what would happen to her baby. Karlie's mother dying, thinking even her imminent death wasn't enough to bring her daughter to her side. Karlie's grandmother dying, believing Karlie had shunned her own mother in illness and not even attending her funeral. The extended family, who must have been suffering when Karlie didn't respond to their pleas to come home before it was too late, and now have to deal with the grief of learning that she was already dead. So much suffering and so much tragedy. Those poor, poor people. I wish Karlie had made better life choices, but she's not to blame for her death.

Think I'll do the same Bohemian.

And agree 100%. As this has unfolded I never accepted that Angel was going to be very Angelic and was obviously running with a rough crowd. Regardless it does not diminish her violent death or the frauds.

And as for Kandalyce, the rage I'm noting from people I talk to, HP should be happy the press are camped on her front door - in other times not so long ago - it would be a lynch mob.

This "source" better be a police plant to get the birds chirping. And if so - how very brave. If it is some cretin looking for 15 minutes and a spread in New Idea - how very vulgar.

Yes, Wolfie, I think it's wise. This reminds me of another recent POI finding a way to attack a victim's character (albeit by proxy). All too common to use 'reasonable doubt' (ie, 'I didn't do it. He/she/they did it.') in order to abrogate responsibility.

I have litle to say about HP. I have to try reserve my judgement in her case but it's difficult. At the very least, I suspect she kept a grisly secret for many years and only sang to save her own skin.

Before we judge Karlie, we should think very carefully about her life. Young, single mother. Lack of strong bonds with her parents. Low socioeconomic background. Failed relationship with a much older and married man who subsequently murdered his wife. Khandalyce was probably one of the only people Karlie felt she could rely upon for unconditional love and she had to love. Itinerant; basically homeless much of the time. Now, remember back to yourself as a young adult and add the above circumstances. A phrase from my early years comes to mind; 'There, but for the Grace of God, go I.'

As for MSM's source, they have just made a fatal error of judgement if their allegations are true. Hypothetically someone is sufficiently rattled by these people that they are willing to cop a murder charge. Protective custody offers some safety but the same cannot be said for the source. There would be some people wondering just what else the source knows. If I were them, I would be scared; very scared.

Before we judge Karlie, we should think very carefully about her life. Young, single mother. Lack of strong bonds with her parents. Low socioeconomic background. Failed relationship with a much older and subsequently violent married man. Probably, Khandalyce was the only person Karlie felt she could rely upon for unconditional love. Itinerant; basically homeless much of the time. Now, remember back to yourself as a young adult and add the above circumstances. A phrase from my early years comes to mind; 'There, but for the Grace of God, go I.'
Great post Bohemian.

One thing I keep thinking is that Karlie seems to have always taken care of Khandalyce. She was experiencing all you say above but she took responsibility for her little girl rather than leave her with others.

Great post Bohemian.

One thing I keep thinking is that Karlie seems to have always taken care of Khandalyce. She was experiencing all you say above but she took responsibility for her little girl rather than leave her with others.

I get that sense about Karlie as a mother too but it may just be projection. There are alternatives to carting a two year old around the country with you, or even taking responsibility for a pregnancy. Karlie may have made some mistakes, one of them fatal for her and for Khandalyce, but one thing that stands her in good stead is she did what she was she was capable of when it came to her daughter. Ultimately, it ended in tragedy but I doubt that was Karlie's intention. Her, and Khandalyce's, deaths are the sole responsibility of others, who deserve the maximum penalty our justice system can afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts