AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think was traced to a certain point. Not clear on that part.

I believe you are right...was it sold to someone completely not involved? Although of course someone had to have sold it (because it cant have been Karlie).
Was DH in the habit of driving alone? Im going to guess there was at least one other in the car with him if it was him who met Karlie at Belanglo or thereabouts.

Yes Wexford I am thinking the December compulsory Centerlink appointment has raised the red flag.

The ABN = 1 January 2011 probably applied for a week or 2 before making it in the December 2010.
The abrupt get up and go from the house January 2011.

Karlies Mother's money transfers stopped when Centerlink stopped.
I am having a guess that was very, very early in 2011 (January ???)

KPS benefits were stopped in "early 2011" after Dept control systems identified a payment affecting issue.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...pearce-stevenson/story-fni6uo1m-1227585916303

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-...dentity-stolen-phone-used-after-death/6888638

Well spotted soso! I hadn't read this article either.

I noticed a discrepancy with the alleged date that Daniel Holdom was pulled over by the police. Not crucial, but irritating - I thought I'd read somewhere that he was pulled over in 2012.

I also noticed the article alleges that he was placed in Belanglo at the time of Karlie's death because of phone records, not phone "pings". Does anyone know if there is a difference, or would it be the same regardless? Maybe I've been watching too many fictional crime shows - is triangulating the pings on the phone exactly the same as phone records?

"Alleged killer, 41, was pulled over by police in 2013, court documents say" (BBM)

"Police have claimed they found Karlie Pearce-Stevenson's bank card in her accused killer's wallet four years after she was allegedly murdered " (BBM)

The 41-year-old came to the attention of police when mobile phone records placed him in Belanglo (BBM).

Yes it is confusing . I thought it was 2012 as well... but

BBM

A day after Holdom fronted Maitland Court charged with Karlie’s murder, it emerged police questioned him while on patrol in Narara, on the NSW Central Coast, on January 31, 2013, and allegedly found the dead mother’s bank card in his wallet.
Court documents sighted by The Saturday Telegraph claim police came across Holdom, 41, stopped on the side of Mangrove Rd with property piled “head high” in the vehicle.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...588837374?sv=19cc69c7450e41e2f007ebdd2897cf9b

correct...a car which has now disappeared right??

Sorry if this has already been replied - I'm playing catch up. The car was sold after her death. It has since been on sold but disappeared off registration lists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it is confusing . I thought it was 2012 as well... but

BBM

A day after Holdom fronted Maitland Court charged with Karlie’s murder, it emerged police questioned him while on patrol in Narara, on the NSW Central Coast, on January 31, 2013, and allegedly found the dead mother’s bank card in his wallet.
Court documents sighted by The Saturday Telegraph claim police came across Holdom, 41, stopped on the side of Mangrove Rd with property piled “head high” in the vehicle.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...588837374?sv=19cc69c7450e41e2f007ebdd2897cf9b

He was stopped on the side of the road and LE found the card in his wallet??.....They searched his wallet???? What reason would you have to do that? What were they looking for? (rhetorical question...Im sure I can guess). This would indicate to me that they searched the car as well.

I'm not sure if anyone has answered this in relation to Centrelink etc.

At four years old if you are receiving govt benefits there is a mandatory health check that needs to be reported, this is then followed up with the GP. Failure to have this health check means your payments are suspended

I know this because the GP didn't update my sons health record and immunisation record this year and I got a letter stating I wasn't entitled to any further payments until this was attended to.

I am simply not willing to assume who is guilty before the investigation is complete and before a trial.
My personal belief is that the police have a very, very long way to go before they can prosecute anyone for these crimes.
Since the identifications, I think much of what the police have done so far has been strategic on their part.
But yes, I do think HP especially was Karlie's friend, and no, I don't think DH will be found guilty in the end (even those he has been charged).
A much bigger picture will become evident before this case is solved.

Technically speaking the police have 6 weeks to pull together enough evidence to attempt to go to trial - the clock is ticking. Brief of evidence has to be lodged with the court and delivered to DH defence team so they can decide how to plead.

Hang in there JaneSA. I know you know where I currently stand on my perceptions of what has happened.

Tell me - do you think they were actually friends from something you saw on the Facebook page before it was dismantled. ? What makes you think they were friends (and not frenemies?)

Technically speaking the police have 6 weeks to pull together enough evidence to attempt to go to trial - the clock is ticking. Brief of evidence has to be lodged with the court and delivered to DH defence team so they can decide how to plead.

Hang in there JaneSA. I know you know where I currently stand on my perceptions of what has happened.

Tell me - do you think they were actually friends from something you saw on the Facebook page before it was dismantled. ? What makes you think they were friends (and not frenemies?)

Prosecutors have been given eight weeks to provide Holdom's lawyers with a rough outline of the case against him.
-
http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-...ce-court-in-january.html#sthash.X6j3LY1K.dpuf

Sound very complicated ... so DH lawyers will be provided a rough outline in the coming weeks.

He was stopped on the side of the road and LE found the card in his wallet??.....They searched his wallet???? What reason would you have to do that? What were they looking for? (rhetorical question...Im sure I can guess). This would indicate to me that they searched the car as well.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/...-engaged-to-teen/story-e6frg6nf-1227588810144

Attempting to paraphrase relevant paragraph from behind the paywall...

The car was apparently broken down at the time of police questioning. Police searched the car after Holdom had presented police with identification under different names and exhibited a nervous disposition. An ice pipe and Stanley knife were found and Holdom claimed ownership.

Asked if his client had indicated if he had known Pearce-Stevenson, lawyer Peter Cleaves replied: “No.”
Holdom, 41, did not apply for bail and it was formally refused, with Cleaves later saying “extensive” enquiries would be necessary before a plea could be determined.

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...glo-forest-near-mothers-remains-police-allege

If you are not guilty .. why extensive enquiries necessary??
Waiting to see the prosecutions rough outline .. I guess.
imo

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/...-engaged-to-teen/story-e6frg6nf-1227588810144

Attempting to paraphrase relevant paragraph from behind the paywall...

The car was apparently broken down at the time of police questioning. Police searched the car after Holdom had presented police with identification under different names and exhibited a nervous disposition. An ice pipe and Stanley knife were found and Holdom claimed ownership.

Thanks Cloudy....I hadnt read before that he presented them with ID under different names...I guess that would make them very suspicious.

Asked if his client had indicated if he had known Pearce-Stevenson, lawyer Peter Cleaves replied: “No.”
Holdom, 41, did not apply for bail and it was formally refused, with Cleaves later saying “extensive” enquiries would be necessary before a plea could be determined.

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...glo-forest-near-mothers-remains-police-allege

If you are not guilty .. why extensive enquiries necessary??
Waiting to see the prosecutions rough outline .. I guess.
imo

Confusing...no he didnt know KPS or no he didnt indicate either way.

Confusing...no he didnt know KPS or no he didnt indicate either way.

He was asked whether he had given an indication about the issue and answered "no", which IMO means DH had not given his lawyer an indication that he did or did not know KPS.

Some media reports say she left with the $25k, some say it was a "debt".
Not at all clear what is true.

Yes and that very possiblily will remain unanswered.
Unless of course who ever she was allegedly indebted too or had their 25K in her hot little hand comes forward and tells their story.
That would be a bit risky. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members