AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone see the video of a reporter interviewing one of the ladies who seen the man walking thru town with the suitcase? She mentioned there were only 17 people who lived in town

Haven't seen that one apollosong. Do you have a link or know what channel?

Add me to the "can't stop thinking of little Kiesha" group :(

You can't help but think of poor little Keisha with the suitcase aspect of this case.

So now I am wondering ... if a birth is recorded - how easy is it for someone or a family to simply go off the grid (even for legitimate reasons such as travel or seeking an alternative lifestyle) and a child disappear under those circumstances? I mean the majority of us register with Centrelink for one reason or another, if only to receive allowances or payments to do with parenting - but would there be any checks at all if a child was registered at birth and then wasn't heard of in any government system again??

There could be many remote farms out that way and if a home birth occurred the 2-5 year old child may never been recorded or needed a doctor etc.

I don't understand why the federal police website doesn't have William Tyrrell listed as a missing person. It does make me wonder how many other cases aren't on there. These are the only children who are even close to the suggested age of 2-5.

South Australia: none
Western Australia: Leela McDougall (6 yrs. old, missing since 2007)
Victoria: none
Tasmania: none
Queensland: Serena Speath (5 yrs.old) & Thomas Speath (4 yrs.old), missing since 2014)
Northern Territory: none
New South Wales: Rahma El-Dennaoui (1 year old, missing since 2005)
ACT: none

"He said the skeleton was “not immediately recognisable’’ and the alarm was only raised when one person inspecting the clothing had sighted a jaw bone." http://mobile.news.com.au/national/...shes-since-march/story-fnii5yv4-1227447492630
That does sound like the skull was not in one piece.

Sighted a jaw bone to me could mean that's just the first part of any skeleton they saw. Maybe the bones were all wrapped up? I don't think they could tell it was a horrible death just by finding bones. If bones were cut in half maybe. When a persons body gets to the bones stage of decomposition wouldn't they fall apart at the joints if they had been say dug up or moved?

I doubt the road works would have gone that far into the bush Hun. It was prob stuffed under shrubs and they thought it would never be noticed :/

It's so close to the roadway.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 42
I'm trying to imagine how hard it is for people who have perhaps not been registered at birth to later apply for jobs, licences, bank accounts etc. ? We really are quite dependent on that bit of paper as identification for so many things once we reach adulthood.

When a persons body gets to the bones stage of decomposition wouldn't they fall apart at the joints if they had been say dug up or moved?
I wondered about that after I'd posted. Perhaps the skull naturally comes apart at the jaw?

If they have the complete skull would they be able to do a forensic facial reconstruction ?

Sorry for the flurry of posts from me - I'm usually much more of a reader and thanker! Regarding the jaw bone, I've always been under the impression that it isn't very common to find a skull that actually does still have the jaw bone intact - could be wrong though.
It's also just dawned on me that the poor child has been found in SA, where they have had so much deservedly bad press in the past years about the government department responsible for families and childrens' services. I hope this doesn't link back to another example of a slip up at the hands of those charged with monitoring child welfare.

Coud the witnesses of the man with the suitcase be put under hypnosis, they might then recall more about him.

Sorry for the flurry of posts from me - I'm usually much more of a reader and thanker! Regarding the jaw bone, I've always been under the impression that it isn't very common to find a skull that actually does still have the jaw bone intact - could be wrong though.
It's also just dawned on me that the poor child has been found in SA, where they have had so much deservedly bad press in the past years about the government department responsible for families and childrens' services. I hope this doesn't link back to another example of a slip up at the hands of those charged with monitoring child welfare.

The jaw bone is held to the skull by tendons and muscles so when the body decomposes the jaw bone separates.

Trying to find the link for you , I found it interesting when she said that only 17 people lived in town. Somebody walking alone at that time of morning would indeed stand out

Haven't seen that one apollosong. Do you have a link or know what channel?

Interesting but murderers and those under stress of being discovered do all sorts of odd things - we can only guess at their motivations - and we only have very few of facts

maybe to us it looks like they weren't too worried about the suitcase being found - but was actually quite a good choice ?
it is a fairly remote area , they did hide behind the bushes ,
Maybe no where near where they live
Nothing in suitcase that leads to them
They had cared for this child ( in their own perverse way ) keeping it close to them until something happened
Maybe this was the best hiding spot given circumstances

Plus I still think about all the horrific things that happen to children including the way their bodies are disposed of and they are mostly murded by parents or step parents .

I think the very small numbers of missing children in Australia certainly point towards family murderer

I am interested in all theories,
However, I first thought of Kiesha Abrahams/Wippeart when I saw this on the news.
Her mother killed her and then with the aid of the stepfather, put her in a suitcase, took her to the burial location and burned it, then buried it. There are parents often in the news who do horrific things to their own, some seem to have no conscience, so I am not ruling out the parent possibility yet, given the thought that a child has not been reported missing that points to anything else yet.
I do wish it had never happened. :(

That's true, but children being savagely murdered by their parents (rather than killed through accident, neglect or similar) is quite a rare incident in itself and usually occurs due to severe mental health issues or revenge, where other family members, who do care, are very aware of the murder or of a child being missing.

As I said, there's no guarantee that disposal of remains profiling can help narrow down an offender in this case and the treatment of the remains themselves (not the location of disposal) IS very similar to Kiesha, as Karo said. I also agree that it's possible to have a family member do something like this if they had very little regard for the victim, so yes, it's possible.

It can be extremely difficult attempting to ascertain the relationship between the victim and the person who disposed of him/her through profiling - for one, many people who emotionally care for their victim do actually leave remains in a place they consider easy to find, because they want them to be found for the purpose of closure. In these cases though, the remains are often carefully laid in a neat and tidy manner and fully dressed.

It's the disregard for the remains (including the suggestion that he/she met a horrible end), in combination with the location they were found in, that makes me think it was somebody not emotionally tied to the victim.

Where remains are oviously badly treated, dismembered and left in a careless location, it can also signify that the dumper wants to send a message to the police, public or victim's family. In fact, the method of disposal (at the side of a road) - when looked at historically - matches the methods of many past serial killers! I don't think this is the case with this little angel though. Well, I seriously hope not anyway!

Sorry, I know I haven't explained myself very clearly here. Disposal of remains profiling can seem quite contradictory when one tries to break it down into separate indicators. It's the whole of the circumstances that bring me to my conclusion though, and I am basing it upon a specific criminological concept, which unfortunately, isn't a sure science (yet). Again, it's just my opinion based on limited info - I certainly don't claim to know for certain and I appreciate the points you have both brought up :)
I also wish it had never happened. It's always so heartbreaking when the victim is a child :-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a feeling they were shot in the head which is how they knew it was a murder before forensics really became involved. That just makes sence to me more than anything :/ horrible thought I know :( I'm sure my neice had a jacket like the one found and that was over 14 yrs ago. Think the Dora top Is from a set of pjs too. Seems more pjs than other clothing in there. :/

I agree. Cranial damage due to a gunshot wound or a tight ligature around the neck are the only things I can think of that would point to a definite cause of death on skeletal remains, pre forensic examination. Problem is, both of these wounds could also have occured post mortem (although, that would be rare)! It's a head scratcher, that's for sure!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member