AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't sure what I thought regarding MM. I read Kates book and thought they had nothing to do with it... I'd read something else and think oh they're definitely involved.

But I never really settled on a theory. I just don't know.
I think it's entirely possible she was smuggled out of the country via yacht though.

If that is MM in the suitcase then wow... crazy! But if not.. then not really surprising. Maybe they'll never know who she is.

What I think about MM depends on the perspective I'm reading at the time. I have never felt entirely convinced by either side of that debate.

Exactly! There's a webslueths discussion about it too. Never solved like he never existed [emoji20]

I just finished reading a book about the case. It still bugs me

What is the name of the book please?

Is anyone able to find a pic of the original spanish Dora the Explorer? The reason I ask and I know I bought this up before but that Dora shirt looks like a knock off cheap version or now I'm thinking it's possibly foreign? Since the first time I seen it something about it looked odd and if you compare it to every other Dora shirt the characters look different.

as far as i know there are no travelling roma living in oz
roma are not the only people who do not register theirchildren, we also have lots of alternative communities, aboriginal communities that are very remote
why always blame the roma?

I wasn't blaming anyone. It was a theory, like everything else in this thread.

I totally agree, I believe they are smarter than us average sleuther, they are also trained in what information to keep close etc.

I couldnt help but notice your signature information, and with the part that you had written about a proper burial and celebration of her short life. I wonder if with your work do you feel that the police and the people who found the bones, people who looked into the case would get some type of closure once a proper service is held for the child?

Not a closure as such, more that I think this (and every) discarded little one deserves a proper celebration of life...

By proper burial, I'm meaning a grave in a cemetery or memorial garden not just a suitcase out-bush...

I can't speak for sapol... Pretty sure they would have some sort of professional counselling/debrief after events like this, my volunteer role is to help offer what I can closure wise for grieving parents... And helping them through a sea of emotions and recommending connections/people/counselling to seek out.

Off topic, but we provide cold cots enabling parent more time with the child, professional photography at no charge and journals to write in (usually dedicated in memory of another angel) and a range of other services dependant on the individual situation... It's the least I can do after all YGOH did for me after the birth of my son :)

Is anyone able to find a pic of the original spanish Dora the Explorer? The reason I ask and I know I bought this up before but that Dora shirt looks like a knock off cheap version or now I'm thinking it's possibly foreign? Since the first time I seen it something about it looked odd and if you compare it to every other Dora shirt the characters look different.

I will keep looking, but this is a Spanish (i think) Dora book from 2007

book207-vi.jpg

Not a closure as such, more that I think this (and every) discarded little one deserves a proper celebration of life...

By proper burial, I'm meaning a grave in a cemetery or memorial garden not just a suitcase out-bush...

I can't speak for sapol... Pretty sure they would have some sort of professional counselling/debrief after events like this, my volunteer role is to help offer what I can closure wise for grieving parents... And helping them through a sea of emotions and recommending connections/people/counselling to seek out.

Off topic, but we provide cold cots enabling parent more time with the child, professional photography at no charge and journals to write in (usually dedicated in memory of another angel) and a range of other services dependant on the individual situation... It's the least I can do after all YGOH did for me after the birth of my son :)

You do amazing work and its so wonderful these families have that chance, I saw not long ago on the tv about the cold cots and thought how far forward we have become.

Yes I thought you meant not discarded in a suitcase but a proper place of rest. Im also sure that the police have support services, i just wondered if a funeral/service of some kind helped them with closure.

It looks like a pyjama top to me but I am uncertain about the character on it.

That's very peculiar isn't it. We couldn't decide on a name for our 3rd child and after 30 days, we got a notice to register him immediately or be fined.
My son is now 20, but when he turned 16 I applied for his birth certificate so he could go for his learners. There was no trace of him. My husband and I both remembered taking his birth registration form to the magistrates office to lodge it, but births, deaths and marriages had no trace of him. He attend public school from kindy to year 12, and we received family tax benefit from centerlink. He was on my medicare card, and had been admitted to hospital a number of times, once with a badly broken bone and once with a viral infection. There was never any follow up into a child who had been born in a public hospital but never registered. I got a copy of my younger childrens birth certificates at the time, just to make sure they were all registered correctly.

This child may never have been registered- it is up to the parents to follow up with the paper work. If they dont, of they forget, or something goes awry, or they chose not to- who would know? Whoever this poor little girl is, she died between 2 1/2 and 4 years old. She was not old enough to have been missed by teachers or school mates. If whoever was "looking after" her moved around alot- who would have noticed that the girl disappeared? There are a lot of children who move fairly frequently between seperated parents, as well as grandparents. Would be easy to explain the disappearance of a child- "she is staying with her dad for a while". Leonie Hutchinson and Tegan Lane in NSW were both missing for a number of years before anyone realised- how many missing toddlers could there be out there that haven't been noticed yet? I hope this little girl is identified quickly.

It looks like a pyjama top to me but I am uncertain about the character on it.
I agree, it does look like pjs. Im still unable to find a picture of Dora the same as the shirt, frustrating...

You do amazing work and its so wonderful these families have that chance, I saw not long ago on the tv about the cold cots and thought how far forward we have become.

Yes I thought you meant not discarded in a suitcase but a proper place of rest. Im also sure that the police have support services, i just wondered if a funeral/service of some kind helped them with closure.

I hope they do that... Because I believe even the toughest sapol guys would need closure after this...

I have stories of them doing such things, but thought it was merely rumour

I think violently murdering a child probably is a good indicator that the person had no empathy so I don't see that it means no connection to the child, I still think it's a relative, if it was a child care/foster situation surely someone would miss her?
Just trying to make sense of it all..

According to Detective Superintendent Des Bray "a person was driving down the road, stopped to go to the toilet and saw the suitcase out of sight, partially suspended in a bush, so it had apparently been thrown into a bush."

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/police-news/police-live

BBM: From what Detective Superintendent Des Bray said at the press conference, it sounds like someone has thrown the suitcase and it has come to land partially suspended in a bush. This just seems so cold and callous and makes me think that whoever tossed the suitcase there had no real connection with the child. It just seems that it was something that had to be done without any care or empathy for the child inside that suitcase.

as far as i know there are no travelling roma living in oz
roma are not the only people who do not register theirchildren, we also have lots of alternative communities, aboriginal communities that are very remote
why always blame the roma?

No I think you misunderstood, Frankie85 didn't mean that Im sure, we are all just thinking out loud and sharing xxxx

:loveyou:

dora top.jpg

I agree Dora looks different on this top to most other pictures of Dora I can see, I think you're right and it's a cheap knock-off.
Can you tell me if her hair is in pigtails, I don't think it is, I think it's just dirt marks on either side of her head? I also notice it doesn't say Dora THE Explorer, just Dora Explorer, is that normal? I don't have a daughter and my son was into her only for a little while so I'm no Dora expert lol.

I wonder if the black tutu was purchased specifically for or after the death.
A black outfit is rare for a young child especially if the tutu came in a variety of colours, black would not be my preference for my little girl. Someone commented that the tutu came in white, pink....but to choose black??

Call me old fashioned but black suggests to me another connotation or overtone.

My 3 year old daughter has a black tutu. She's wearing it right now, She just likes it because it's glittery.

I think the top is a cheap knock off... Dora is too white, and her clothes are pink and yellow instead of pink and orange, and benny (character on the right of the shirt) is supposed to be two shades of blue and not the yellow tummy he has in that top.

Unless of course he was changed at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288