Australia - 7 dead in mass shooting and suicide - Osmington WA - 11 May 2018

http://news.abs-cbn.com/overseas/05...nd-kids-shot-dead-in-australia-murder-suicide

Confirming suggestions of a murder-suicide, Dawson added: "I wish to strongly emphasize that police do not believe any other person is involved in these crimes. Police are not searching for any other suspects."

Dawson said it was too early to confirm which member of the family was the shooter, saying more forensic work was needed.

He would only say police were alerted to the shootings by a phone call from a "male person" at the property, who was apparently the killer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

male person at the property? connected TO the property is the verbal video so I am going with that being a misquote..

there is a huge enormous gap between someone being 'at' the property and someone who 'was connected to the property' making the call. I am going with the one where the copper says 'connected to ' the property .

http://news.abs-cbn.com/overseas/05...nd-kids-shot-dead-in-australia-murder-suicide

Confirming suggestions of a murder-suicide, Dawson added: "I wish to strongly emphasize that police do not believe any other person is involved in these crimes. Police are not searching for any other suspects."

Dawson said it was too early to confirm which member of the family was the shooter, saying more forensic work was needed.

He would only say police were alerted to the shootings by a phone call from a "male person" at the property, who was apparently the killer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

A “male person”
Why is this written like this in parenthesis?
I asked the same question back on post #24. It’s weird!

Please someone enlighten me.

....a phone call from a "male person" at the property, who was apparently the killer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A “male person”
Why is this written like this in parenthesis?
I asked the same question back on post #24. It’s weird!

Please someone enlighten me.

....a phone call from a "male person" at the property, who was apparently the killer.

There’s only one dead adult male on the property who is not one of the six homicide victims, they are not saying his name till the forensics are done. It has been noted in many videos and articles. Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He didn’t believe Mr Miles was struggling financially but hadn’t spoken a word to his ex-partner’s parents since he was “cut off” from his children for six months amid a bitter dispute over access to them.
“No way. Kat’s always tight on money and ‘oh, I don’t want to borrow off my parents’.
“But financially no, they would just sell the car, sell the tractor. They have got all new stuff out there.
“He is not the sort of guy to ever let people know how much money (he’s got) but they would have a fair few hundred in the bank so it is not financial.”

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...s/news-story/25dd2b8edd269e380de5142c6e670893

“No way. Kat’s always tight on money and ‘oh, I don’t want to borrow off my parents’.
This tells me she asked him for money for the children, he’s said ‘no’ ask your father he’s got money, he can sell a car or his farm equipment.

IMO I’m sleuthing what AC said....don’t shoot the messenger. C’mon.

here in AU one doesn't get 'cut off' from one's children on a whim. It is a huge and filigreed process, requiring mediation, investigation, observation, and in this case, most probably each child would have had a court appointed advocate, under Legal Aid, and only after much negotiation and careful attention to both the evidence that indicated a long break between parent and child, and the careful attention to the perspectives of the children.

Not a lot of weight would be given to any self assessment by either parent as to their respective parenting capacities... any insertion of drug and alcohol problems would weigh heavily against whichever parent in that case.

It takes time, which means that AC had been , most likely under police scrutiny for some years, ( they had been separated for 4 years, the kids and he had apparently gone the access visit stuff, this apparently didn't work out , because as things turned out, the kids were given a 6 month break from him.

Now, AC likes to call it ' the kids being taken away from him' and he is correct in one way, and wildly delusional in another, in so far as the kids would have requested, and requested again to have a break from him as visiting parent. This is the way the law works, and it doesn't change because AC doesn't like how it turns out.

So leading up to that court order he would be under police scrutiny, and certainly, definitely, he would be on the police radar while he was in the court ordered no contact period of 6 months. Not because of what or who he is but because that is how the family court does it's business.

So not a person unknown, as they say .,

and another observation.. usually , when terrible things like this happen, there is a rumble in the letters to the editor of newspapers from that band of disaffected men who carry real and imagined grudges against the family court, and have the same strange ideas of ownership as well,..

Stuff such as 'see? this is what the FC does!!.. men get a raw deal at the FC .... Pauline Hanson would be on it like a seagull on a hot chip, 'reform the family court, so biased against men'..

but nothing, in this case.. no outcry about how come his kids were 'taken from him and put with the grandfather and then murdered'.. none of this stuff, and its now into day 5?.. 6? ..

I find it a bit odd, the lack of the usual howl from that contingent..

and another observation.. usually , when terrible things like this happen, there is a rumble in the letters to the editor of newspapers from that band of disaffected men who carry real and imagined grudges against the family court, and have the same strange ideas of ownership as well,..

Stuff such as 'see? this is what the FC does!!.. men get a raw deal at the FC .... Pauline Hanson would be on it like a seagull on a hot chip, 'reform the family court, so biased against men'..

but nothing, in this case.. no outcry about how come his kids were 'taken from him and put with the grandfather and then murdered'.. none of this stuff, and its now into day 5?.. 6? ..

They are all over at the BBC Facebook Page report of this incident.

He didn’t believe Mr Miles was struggling financially but hadn’t spoken a word to his ex-partner’s parents since he was “cut off” from his children for six months amid a bitter dispute over access to them.
“But financially no, they would just sell the car, sell the tractor. They have got all new stuff out there.
“He is not the sort of guy to ever let people know how much money (he’s got) but they would have a fair few hundred in the bank so it is not financial.”

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...s/news-story/25dd2b8edd269e380de5142c6e670893

This tells me she asked him for money for the children, he’s said ‘no’ ask your father he’s got money, he can sell a car or his farm equipment.

IMO I’m sleuthing what AC said....don’t shoot the messenger. C’mon.

In Western Australia you do not get 'cut off' from your kids by your ex partner.

In West Australia you sit in a court and each person explains their case.

The only person that can 'cut you off' is a judge.

If you have been 'cut off' from your kids there is good reason.

You are only 'cut off' by court order!

In Western Australia you do not get 'cut off' from your kids by your ex partner.

In West Australia you sit in a court and each person explains their case.

The only person that can 'cut you off' is a judge.

If you have been 'cut off' from your kids there is good reason.

You are only 'cut off' by court order!

One of my daughter's friends worked as a FC as an child advocate when she first qualified and quite often the non-custodial parent had to meet with the child in her office because of serious domestic violence history and he could not be supervised in the the child's or relatives homes.

I have just finished reading the entire thread .... and I am wondering if the granddad was a complete control freak. (Not meaning to speak ill of the dead.) But who kills their own wife, their daughter, their grandchildren, because they possibly are depressed or not coping well?? A very controlling person, perhaps. Kills all of the more defenceless persons in the family, then takes his own life because he doesn't want to face the consequences of his actions and wanted to die.

For all we know, he could have been the root cause of his daughter's marriage breakup.

"Prior domestic violence is by far the number-one risk factor in these cases," Campbell said.
"The most common type of killer was a possessively jealous type, and I found that many of the men who … commit murder-suicide, as well as those who kill their children, also seem to fit that profile,"
.... perpetrators either view "their family members as possessions that they control or [they] don't see any boundaries between their identity, their wife and their children.
https://www.nij.gov/journals/266/Pages/murderfamilies.aspx

I also have a question. Is it highly unusual to have four children with autism? I have read a little about this (but am not particularly well versed in the subject) and it seems there is 'just' a 1 in 20 chance of having another autistic child - let alone 3 more - if one child is born autistic.

Autism tends to run in families, and having one autistic child increases the risk of having another: Parents who have one autistic child have a 1 in 20 — or 5 percent — chance of having another child with autism.
https://www.everydayhealth.com/autism/whos-at-risk.aspx

Interesting case. Could it be the grandfather and father were in on it together, for whatever reason, and knowing the eventual outcome the grandfather takes the blame before suiciding himself.

Interesting case. Could it be the grandfather and father were in on it together, for whatever reason, and knowing the eventual outcome the grandfather takes the blame before suiciding himself.

Not likely.

I also have a question. Is it highly unusual to have four children with autism? I have read a little about this (but am not particularly well versed in the subject) and it seems there is 'just' a 1 in 20 chance of having another autistic child - let alone 3 more - if one child is born autistic.

Autism tends to run in families, and having one autistic child increases the risk of having another: Parents who have one autistic child have a 1 in 20 — or 5 percent — chance of having another child with autism.
https://www.everydayhealth.com/autism/whos-at-risk.aspx

I have wondered about that too.

I have just finished reading the entire thread .... and I am wondering if the granddad was a complete control freak. (Not meaning to speak ill of the dead.) But who kills their own wife, their daughter, their grandchildren, because they possibly are depressed or not coping well?? A very controlling person, perhaps. Kills all of the more defenceless persons in the family, then takes his own life because he doesn't want to face the consequences of his actions.

For all we know, he could have been the root cause of his daughter's marriage breakup.

"Prior domestic violence is by far the number-one risk factor in these cases," Campbell said.
"The most common type of killer was a possessively jealous type, and I found that many of the men who … commit murder-suicide, as well as those who kill their children, also seem to fit that profile,"
.... perpetrators either view "their family members as possessions that they control or [they] don't see any boundaries between their identity, their wife and their children.
https://www.nij.gov/journals/266/Pages/murderfamilies.aspx

I agree, although I am not sure that he caused the marriage breakdown, but her upbringing could have contributed to the fact that she stayed for so long with another controlling man.

Very, very sad that she possibly could have had a marriage like that, and then had a father that did not allow her life and her children's lives to go on without him, too. :(

There are so many services available here in Australia, so much Govt assistance to help with the finances and a roof over the head until all children are over 16 years old. Let alone the additional assistance due to all four children being diagnosed as autistic.

This was all so unnecessary. So unfair. Those kids never had a chance to live their own lives.

I agree, although I am not sure that he caused the marriage breakdown, but her upbringing could have contributed to the fact that she stayed for so long with another controlling man.

Yes, I think that is partially what I meant. And daddy perhaps meddling in the marriage a bit, before the violence started (if that is what eventually happened to the marriage). Katrina could have been caught between the controlling actions of one man and the controlling actions of another.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back