Australia - 7 dead in mass shooting and suicide - Osmington WA - 11 May 2018

What Im seeing here is ignorance of the facts presented even by the dead childrens own father and hostile speculation with almost agenda standing.

What I'm seeing here is dismissing facts you don't like, and opinions of anyone who questions a violent man's murderous actions. Please take a breath. No one needs to get hostile.

exactly SA
I'm sick of seeing here about coping with autistic children. like as if its a justification for him loosing the plot.

the world is full of autistic children that don't get murdered by their loved ones.
these kids were beautiful looking, happy and deserved to be remembered as such.
we don't know that they all suffered a disability and so what if they did really. I don't believe this had any relevance to the murder.

purely control.

Same. Thank you!!

another ad on
just my opinion about murder/suicide in general.
I think the purpose of taking others along for the ride is simply dark and ugly.
some suggest its so the people left behind don't live with the loss and shame etc .......
ease their load per say......sure....not!

its because the suicider cant stand the thought of the person they are leaving behind going on to live happily and forgetting them.

​jmo ive always had.

ABCs Media Watch is a moral high ground agenda based show with little credibility in the eyes of many people.
Media Watch itself sees little critic with almost no accountability.
Even its genre is comedy.

Are these bold declarations of yours opinion or fact? Please make the distinction clear by stating it's your opinion or by providing a link to the facts.

another ad on
just my opinion about murder/suicide in general.
I think the purpose of taking others along for the ride is simply dark and ugly.
some suggest its so the people left behind don't live with the loss and shame etc .......
ease their load per say......sure....not!

its because the suicider cant stand the thought of the person they are leaving behind going on to live happily and forgetting them.

​jmo ive always had.

Yes, I think your bolded statement has a lot to do with it. They would be out of his control. Able to, eventually, do what they wished .. with whoever they liked ... whenever they liked ... and grow to be happy again.

There is no way Peter could possibly have realistically thought that the family could not get along without him. This is 2018. He was an educated man. Our social services system is pretty good (comparitively). Our support networks are pretty fine.

I also think an element of these murders is that he did not want the father to see his children. Without him around to blockade that, the women in the family may have allowed that more and more ... especially as the children got older, and perhaps expressed/demanded their own wishes. Katrina's mum may have eased up on her thinking, Katrina may have allowed more and more access.

A bit of the "if I can't have them, nobody can" attitude.

He said the lengthy custody battle between himself and Katrina "wasn't her at all," but was driven by her parents. "Kat's mum said to me once, "You'll see, Kat will make sure you and your parents never see those kids again."
https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/austr...-investigation-turns-from-who-did-this-to-why

I can see this is a very passionate subject for some. I think you are all right to a point. Normal people don’t kill their families. Most people with mental illness don’t kill their families. Most abusers don’t kill their families. Combine mental illness with an abusive person and it’s a bomb waiting to go off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JLZ
Yes, I think your bolded statement has a lot to do with it. They would be out of his control. Able to, eventually, do what they wished .. with whoever they liked ... whenever they liked ... and grow to be happy again.

There is no way Peter could possibly have realistically thought that the family could not get along without him. This is 2018. He was an educated man. Our social services system is pretty good (comparitively). Our support networks are pretty fine.

I also think an element of these murders is that he did not want the father to see his children. Without him around to blockade that, the women in the family may have allowed that more and more ... especially as the children got older, and perhaps expressed/demanded their own wishes. Katrina's mum may have eased up on her thinking, Katrina may have allowed more and more access.

A bit of the "if I can't have them, nobody can" attitude.

He said the lengthy custody battle between himself and Katrina "wasn't her at all," but was driven by her parents. "Kat's mum said to me once, "
https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/austr...-investigation-turns-from-who-did-this-to-why

I have seen that on two occasions with people I know, where the grandparents pushed for full custody, more than the mother.

My next door neighbour was like that. He son had been trouble to her and everyone else, all his teenage and young adult years, with drugs and violent rages. He and his girlfriend had a baby and moved in together and it lasted about three months and she went home to her parents.

My neighbour then decided that her son was suitable to be a sole parent to his daughter, and she harassed the girl and her parents, made false reports about her.

It was like a power thing. She saw it as a fight and she wasn't going to lose.
In the end the girl got custody and the father had visitation rights. She moved away and last time I saw her she told me that she hadn't seen the child for one year 'Because that b**** wont let K see her'. I would bet my house that K, just hasn't bothered to see the child.

I would think that the eldest two children, aged 13 and 12, would be starting to have a lot of say about when they would like to see their father. Once a child is mature enough, a court will listen to their wishes and act upon them.

At that point it would be out of Peter, Cynda and/or Katrina's hands. And maybe that point had been approaching .... fast.

From legal firm Slater & Gordon ...
I have worked with families in which an older child is at an age where their resistance to spending overnight time with a parent is given a great deal of weight but a younger sibling who is also resistant, has not yet reached an age where their view is determinative. The older child is able to stay with the preferred parent but the younger child is not.

https://www.slatergordon.com.au/blog/when-can-child-decide-who-live

Children's ages ..... https://www.themorningbulletin.com....d-sense-of-failure-neighbours-reveal/3414799/

I don't think that he was deranged. I think he was a controlling man.
[Me, too. And one that very possibly could have inflicted violence on his family previously, in other ways. Behind closed doors, of course.

… we know from good and authoritative research that homicidal instances of family violence nearly always are the awful climax to a previous history of abuse and/or violence.

— Margaret Simons, Associate Professor, Journalism, Monash University, 15 May, 2018

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s4846264.htm

He was under psychological care.

He has taken the step to psychological care. He has admitted his condition.

He has made statements to the fact of him being a failure on multiple fronts.

There has been a lot of personal character assertions based on assumption.

Ive just had dealings with a person who was telling me they had told the psychologist how he was useless father.

However Im sure the morphene for hip pain sitting on his arse all day is not helping.

This bloke was fine then there was a flicker. A complete and utter delusional psycho.

Rather than have an argument and beat the crap out of a bag of bones, I walked.

Ive learned since of his manipulation which comes with these characters.

He won't pusue work because the thought of having a boss to answer to doesnt suit his controlling nature.
Hes been borderline divorced on several occassions.

These people play mind games but unfortunately when they lose control you can see their head explode.

If you get two in one office with no immediate management, it can be a brutal war of emails and a waste of the employers $$$.

So these people can be calculative but they can also be delusional which bites them on the arse.

Contemporary management practice of official paper warnings, 3 strikes you're out sends them burko.

One boss I had, dismissed my message to him that he had a psycho in his office as whining.

The psycho had been pandering to the bosses mother.

The manager that came told the boass he wouldnt be in the shop while psycho was there.
The staff turn over in one office was horrendous.
The next manager has psycho on two warnings. Psycho is dragging his nails down the wall.

So it is that you get these two alter egos used to manipulate people.

Psychologists see straight through it.

What does character 'assertions' mean? Do you mean character assassinations? I feel quite free to assassinate the character of a man like this.

One boss I had, dismissed my message to him that he had a psycho in his office as whining.

The psycho had been pandering to the bosses mother.

The manager that came told the boass he wouldnt be in the shop while psycho was there.
The staff turn over in one office was horrendous.
The next manager has psycho on two warnings. Psycho is dragging his nails down the wall.

So it is that you get these two alter egos used to manipulate people.

Psychologists see straight through it.

What has your personal experience of some unrelated to this case, incident, to do with this case?

Lots of people are under psychological care, if he was thought to be a risk to himself or others it is his doctors duty of care to report that.

Being under mental health care or not, this was a narcissistic act of someone not brave enough to end his own life or live it. He wanted to die and he assumed his family couldn’t cope without him. He controlled everything.

Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“A couple of people have said that they had noticed Cynda had seemed very uneasy for a week at least but no one expected this,” Peter (a friend of Peter and Cynda) said.

Katrina Miles, 35, has been described as an “incredible driven force” who was supportive of her friends and whose children were her life.

Daughter, 13, was her mother’s daughter, compassionate and with her head always in a book.

Eldest son, 12, was an affectionate boy who liked a chat.

Middle son, 10, liked building things. He often pulled apart appliances to see how they worked but sometimes needed his grandfather to help him put them back together.

Youngest son, 8, was a mother’s boy who liked order and could spend hours playing Lego.

The social children also enjoyed supporting their grandmother’s community and environmental causes.

One year they dressed as bees for the local paper to promote the agricultural show; another they donned superhero capes.

Mrs Miles was the co-ordinator of the show’s sustainability pavilion and her dedication to the environment helped drive projects including reusable calico bags, reduced use of plastics and other recycling initiatives.

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/marg...t-forever-dreaming-in-osmington-ng-b88837247z
(Lovely, happy pic of the kids in the link)

All this happens when their son was having major surgery! Imagine the shocking burden he endured either about to go under the knife or waking up to hear this horrendous news.

What a sad thing to do to someone knowing what they are about to go through, if they’ll need your help recovering after the surgery and whether they’ll survive the shock and grief from what you’ve done.
Horrible.

I wonder how he’s faring.

“And she said to me then, oh, their son is in hospital up in Perth, he’s having major surgery and that was a concern,” adding that Cynda also confided there were “difficulties at home”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Katrina’s friends have started a collection for the Miles family. Visit

.com/nzrzh-a-chance-to-say-goodby

http://.com/nzrzh-a-chance-to-say-goodbye

All this happens when their son was having major surgery! Imagine the shocking burden he endured either about to go under the knife or waking up to hear this horrendous news.

What a sad thing to do to someone knowing what they are about to go through, if they’ll need your help recovering after the surgery and whether they’ll survive the shock and grief from what you’ve done.
Horrible.

I wonder how he’s faring.

“And she said to me then, oh, their son is in hospital up in Perth, he’s having major surgery and that was a concern,” adding that Cynda also confided there were “difficulties at home”.

It is absolutely horrible that he did this to his sons, as well as his now-deceased family, and his entire community.

This is a horror story that the sons will now have to live with every day of their lives.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back