https://tinyurl.com/vgzuyp5

Australia - Aiia Masarwe, 21, Israeli exchange student, murdered, Melbourne, Jan 2019 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by BelaMcK, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Jmbr

Jmbr Active Member

Gut wrenching.

2. Bohemian

Bohemian Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  3. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

Good to see you here and I totally agree with you about the cameras.

4. they'll get you

I did a little more than read. Hiya friend.

5. Bohemian

6. jessicalouise

jessicalouise Active Member

Here's an old missing persons report from 2015 for him.

Category: | Herald Sun

"POLICE are appealing for public help to find Codey Herrmann, 16, who has been missing for two weeks.

The teen was last seen at Bundoora Secondary College around lunchtime on Friday, March 20.

Codey is familiar with the Bundoora and Reservoir areas and police are concerned for his welfare due to his age.

Codey is described as being Aboriginal in appearance, about 175cm tall, with a thin build, brown hair and brown eyes.

When last seen he was wearing a black top with grey sleeves and ‘ATHLETIC’ printed on the front, blue jeans and Nike sneakers.

Anyone who sees him is urged to contact Triple Zero (000) immediately."

emirates1957, JLZ, alj65 and 14 others like this.
  7. Ellie1

Ellie1 Well-Known Member

So disgusting. So angry. So saddened. Rest in peace Aiia :(

8. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

On Channel 9, 6pm news, Aiia's father stated Aiia had the choice of studying in New York or Melbourne.
    She chose Melbourne due to safety.:(:(
    Her father also stated, he wanted her to travel to Sydney to see the sites while on holidays.
    She postponed this, to be able to travel NEXT MONTH with her father.:(:(
    MOO.

9. BelaMcK

BelaMcK Well-Known Member

Poor girl, that is so heartbreaking

10. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/na...death-of-israeli-student-20190118-p50sak.html

'Victoria Police confirmed on Saturday morning that Herrmann, 20, had been on bail for what they described as property related matters.'

'"He was on the 86 tram a lot. He was always on foot, I never saw him transport in any other way. Trams and buses," she said.'

'"He hung around Greensborough skate park and had a lot of friends in Greensborough'

'Mr Herrmann had seemed like a normal student in his junior years but spiralled in his later years, battling with drug and alcohol abuse issues.'

emirates1957, JLZ, alj65 and 7 others like this.
  11. suspicious

suspicious Well-Known Member

Category: | Herald Sun

There is a video of inside his house. If he was on bail how was he allowed to live like this? How is that rehabilitated?

12. Trooper

I think it's likely a couple of his friends dropped him in it, after the pic of the shirt and hat was published. Vic Pol would have hinted around Greensborough and Bundoora that there was a brown envelope with cash inside it for any information. Not much point in Vic Pol wearing out the shoe leather for no reason.

It's a dog eat dog world out there, pal.

This post from his facebook mess.

A January 10 post read, 'Shoutout to all the men going through a lot, with no one to turn to, because this world wrongly taught our males to mask their emotion & that strong means silent.'

well.. Cody is surely going to learn that silence and emotion masking is all there is for the rest of his useless life. 23 out of 24 hours a day, down at Port Philip Correctional Centre, that's how it's done. All day, every day.

And he'll be the low man on the totem pole among the lifers there, until some other fool makes an entry. Even then, because of his age, he probably will be the last man standing as they come in dressed as cheap rappers, and go out in cheap coffins.

13. BelaMcK

BelaMcK Well-Known Member

I had to find another link as I'm not subscribed, but yeah he obviously didn't have anything of himself together. His crime is his responsibility alone, but at the same time we have a clearly high risk person, in and out of jail, in and out of the foster system (I heard elsewhere), what does the government think will end up happening to people like him? It just seems like he coasted around, with no family to keep him in line, no support in the Aboriginal community, squatting and doing drugs and whatever he wanted, never thinking about consequences. I think he has a child's mind in an adult body, and as he becomes older and the testosterone kicks in harder, he has become and will continue to become more and more dangerous. I hope he never gets out, but I have a feeling he eventually will, and then what will happen?

1968, emirates1957, alj65 and 3 others like this.
  14. Bohemian

15. kiwi50

kiwi50 Well-Known Member

I find this case totally depressing, cant think of anything whatsoever that could have prevented it, too many like this guy, time bombs waiting to go off.

16. they'll get you

Tom Meagher, whose wife Jill was killed six years ago, has spoken out about Masaarwe's death and male violence.

"I am so thoroughly sick to my stomach of men murdering women," he wrote in a post on his Twitter last night.

"The human cost of male violence is staggering, the incalculable social trauma and human misery it engenders is soul destroying. It's weight is intolerable."

He added a 'rest in peace' to Aiia and 'love to her family' at the end of the tweet.

17. Ariona

Ariona Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more with Tom Meagher, more men need to speak out.

18. rosie84

rosie84 Well-Known Member

19. rosie84

rosie84 Well-Known Member

20. Trooper

https://www.smh.com.au/national/vic...-murder-of-aiia-maasarwe-20190119-p50sd6.html

'Codey Herrmann, 20, sat silent during the brief hearing at Melbourne Magistrates Court on Saturday afternoon, dressed in a green T-shirt, following his arrest on Friday.

He was remanded to reappear on Monday.

When magistrate John Doherty asked Mr Herrmann if he knew what he had been charged with, he replied “yes”.

“It’s alleged you murdered Aiia Maasarwe and it's alleged you raped that person,” Mr Doherty said.

'he replied “yes”.'