GUILTY Australia - Aiia Masarwe, 21, Israeli exchange student, murdered, Melbourne, Jan 2019 *ARREST*

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/na...death-of-israeli-student-20190118-p50sak.html

'Victoria Police confirmed on Saturday morning that Herrmann, 20, had been on bail for what they described as property related matters.'

'"He was on the 86 tram a lot. He was always on foot, I never saw him transport in any other way. Trams and buses," she said.'

'"He hung around Greensborough skate park and had a lot of friends in Greensborough'

'Mr Herrmann had seemed like a normal student in his junior years but spiralled in his later years, battling with drug and alcohol abuse issues.'

Scarily, he sounds like every other weirdo on the 86 tram. There are a lot of them.

Ticking timebombs.

I read into that the fact that she comes from a village near Haifa, not in the Gaza, and that village is an Arab/Israeli village, not a Palestinian village.

Don't try and read into my desire for accuracy here anything else other than that. It is irrelevant as to her death. I originally thought she may have been in the IDF as Israel still has universal conscription, ( I THINK ) among the Jewish population, and she may have done her quota before leaving to study overseas. It was when I realized that she wouldn't get called up, not because she could have been Palestinian, OR Arab/Israeli but because she wasn't in the callup if she was either, and that's as far as I am going with this, as it is a dead end.

What she was, was a guest , a welcome guest, an adornment in my country and some one, from my country murdered her. This is the current situation.

For accuracy's sake she was indeed a Palestinian woman, not Arab-Israeli.

Not that it matters, but yes people have a mistaken notion that Palestinians only live in Gaza/West Bank. Those are only the ones who live under Hamas and don't accept Israel. Lots of Palestinians live and work in Israeli areas and even marry Jewish people etc. But whether she was Palestinian or Jewish does not matter. Would she be less worthy of empathy if she were born into a Jewish family instead of a Palestinian one? I would hope not.

P.s. I have noticed the news sites are not posting many details about the arrest on social media or glazing over it entirely. Why do you think that is?
Once he is arrested, and from the moment he is charged with the crime, it becomes a matter of sub judice , under the auspices of the court, and that's about it for MSN reporting, until Monday, when he faces the court again.

Now.. on Monday, he will be arraigned before a magistrate again, once it has been established that he can indeed understand and comprehend the allegations and police charges, and those charges will be outlined in detail, ( where, when, how, unfortunately, rarely, why , and since there are two major charges, ( rape and murder ) how these two matters are indivisible.

Sometimes, in these matters, it has to be established which crime was committed first. I know, I don't need to detail that, but that will be a matter the court will brush upon on Monday, when the charges are tabled.

He doesn't, of course , have to give a plea on Monday, he merely has to be present, I doubt if he will be in person, probably TV link, and a general time table for the proceeding will be discussed.

His health, in general , will be a matter of discussion on Monday. My daughter has the opinion that the charge of murder was not made immediately, because they had to clean him up a bit, either /or alcohol, drugs, whatever. His capacity to be placed in remand, which is where he has to be, but how safe will that be? not much, I reckon.

So where he is to be held until committal, how his general health is, mentally and physically, what treatment he has to receive in relation to that, does he have legal representation? This will be decided, ( and Legal Aid projected costs etc ) , on Monday, and probably Tuesday as well.

Then it will go underground for a while again, unless something happens to him while on remand.

Aspiring Australian rapper Codey Herrmann charged with rape and murder of Israeli student

The man accused of killing 21-year-old international student Aiia Maasarwe in Australia has fronted court charged with her murder.

Codey Herrmann, 20, sat silent during the brief hearing at Melbourne Magistrates Court on Saturday afternoon, dressed in a green T-shirt, following his arrest on Friday.

The court heard the aspiring rapper had also been charged with rape. Particulars of the rape charge have not been released, with the court told some of the "specific words" aren't yet known to the family.

A mental health assessment was requested for Herrmann. He made no bail application and was remanded to reappear on Monday.

Liaison officers had earlier tried to prevent Herrmann from being brought up from the cells to the courtroom for the hearing, but Doherty intervened and requested the accused appear.

When he entered the court, Herrmann sat with his head bowed and avoided eye contact with those sitting in the mostly empty room.

On either side of him sat security officers, with no friends or family attending the hearing.

Security for this bloke is going to be a problem for the court, I very much doubt if he will leave the remand centre at any stage except when his trial gets underway, could be a year, 18 months from here.

Even then, a lot depends on public perception and the advice from Vic POL.

Security in the remand centre will be even more difficult, I would think, he may even be have to moved out of Melbourne, perhaps, where to, I don't know. In Remand, he would be in General Population, and God alone knows what roams around in there, at any given time.

Wouldn't surprise me if he is quietly transported up to Ararat or some other place. Not interstate, that can't happen.

I’m curious to know, now that charges have been laid, why are all his Facebook profiles still active?
They’re usually pretty quick to shut those down.

this is a mystery to me, also. I am surprised that his internet persona is still 'at large' , so to speak, at this stage of the game. Way overdue for a lockdown.

Last edited:
Scarily, he sounds like every other weirdo on the 86 tram. There are a lot of them.

Ticking timebombs.

Yep.
I use this tram to go to the city as parking is horrid.
I sit near the front if possible, avoiding eye contact with any possible 'problem people'.
When I get off the tram, I make sure I cross the road to be among others, if any 'suspect' person is nearby.

Aiia, late at night, couldn't avoid a weirdo near her, during her last lonely walk.

Last edited:
Once he is arrested, and from the moment he is charged with the crime, it becomes a matter of sub judice , under the auspices of the court, and that's about it for MSN reporting, until Monday, when he faces the court again.

Now.. on Monday, he will be arraigned before a magistrate again, once it has been established that he can indeed understand and comprehend the allegations and police charges, and those charges will be outlined in detail, ( where, when, how, unfortunately, rarely, why , and since there are two major charges, ( rape and murder ) how these two matters are indivisible.

Sometimes, in these matters, it has to be established which crime was committed first. I know, I don't need to detail that, but that will be a matter the court will brush upon on Monday, when the charges are tabled.

He doesn't, of course , have to give a plea on Monday, he merely has to be present, I doubt if he will be in person, probably TV link, and a general time table for the proceeding will be discussed.

His health, in general , will be a matter of discussion on Monday. My daughter has the opinion that the charge of murder was not made immediately, because they had to clean him up a bit, either /or alcohol, drugs, whatever. His capacity to be placed in remand, which is where he has to be, but how safe will that be? not much, I reckon.

So where he is to be held until committal, how his general health is, mentally and physically, what treatment he has to receive in relation to that, does he have legal representation? This will be decided, ( and Legal Aid projected costs etc ) , on Monday, and probably Tuesday as well.

Then it will go underground for a while again, unless something happens to him while on remand.

Thanks for that explanation

edited by me for brevity.

I wonder what the hell this means.... 'specific words'.

I’m wondering if it was the extent of the injuries. If Hinch is correct in his tweet with what he did to certain parts of her body, maybe they wanted to leave that out due to how graphic it was. I have no idea otherwise.

Aspiring Australian rapper Codey Herrmann charged with rape and murder of Israeli student

Liaison officers had earlier tried to prevent Herrmann from being brought up from the cells to the courtroom for the hearing, but Doherty intervened and requested the accused appear.

edited by me for brevity.

Doherty would have done that to make sure that Herrmann was seen publicly, after being in custody, … deaths in custody being a very large part of AU remand outcomes right across the nation.

Just in case there were any suspicious bruising , that sort of thing. It happens.
I am assuming that the liaison officers didn't think that Herrmann could make it thru the hearing, but apparently, he did.

The Liaison officers will attend every court appearance he makes from now on, plus they will be his conduit in the remand holding centre as well. For however long it takes.

Victoria Police - Aboriginal Community Liaison Officer (ACLO) Program

Police Aboriginal Liaison Officer (PALO)

Victoria Police has approximately 135 Police Aboriginal Liaison Officers (PALOs) and assistant PALOs spread over 50 police stations throughout Victoria. PALOs have a liaison role, both independently and in partnership with ACLOs, to resolve issues concerning Aboriginal people within their local area. PALOs are sworn members of Victoria Police who perform operational duties as well as performing their PALO portfolio role. The Priority Communities Division actively provides support and advice to PALOs building strong relationships between them, local operational police and Aboriginal communities.

we are both right, Jessica. She, and her father and her sister , obviously, are travelling on Israeli passports, because China doesn't recognize the passports issued by the Palestinian authority, at this point. Not many countries do, sadly.

Otherwise, they couldn't be where they are. So you are right, and I am also. What we can agree on is, she was a Palestinian Arab/Israeli, a full citizen of Israel, an Arab, and a Palestinian.

Noor Maasarwe was watching the news when realised that her missing sister Aiia had been found dead in Melbourne.

"I seen in the news that they found a body. They didn't say for who it was," Ms Maasarwe told Nine news on Sunday from Israel.

"But it matches all the details. It was on the same road. Everything. I was just praying that it's not her.

"But then I saw the shoes and her phone ... and I was sure it was her."

The family initially thought the 21-year-old international student was kidnapped or had fallen while returning home from a comedy show late on Tuesday.
Aiia's sister learnt of death on the news - 9News

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back