GUILTY Australia - Aiia Masarwe, 21, Israeli exchange student, murdered, Melbourne, Jan 2019 *ARREST*

I agree BUT there will always be the first timers and when will they strike? To what degree is always unknown.
The who, when, where and why is the question which IMO has no answer.

You are right of course, and first timers *maybe* can't be predicted (as with Jaymes Todd), although there are certain warning signs such as extreme animal cruelty (i.e. I just read before about a man who stabbed and beheaded a dog recently, and he said he did it because 'he just likes to hurt and kill things'), and I think those certain people can reasonably be considered an extremely high risk to public safety. A huge portion of these violent offenders aren't first timers though, as we know, and we need to start somewhere IMO.

You are right of course, and first timers *maybe* can't be predicted (as with Jaymes Todd), although there are certain warning signs such as extreme animal cruelty (i.e. I just read before about a man who stabbed and beheaded a dog recently, and he said he did it because 'he just likes to hurt and kill things'), and I think those certain people can reasonably be considered an extremely high risk to public safety. A huge portion of these violent offenders aren't first timers though, as we know, and we need to start somewhere IMO.

You are right Bela about some red flags before they offend but let’s look Sean Price who stabbed teenage schoolgirl Masa Vukotic 49 times in a frenzied attack, with the blows that killed her aimed at her neck.
He was on Parole with multiple crimes in his resume.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/...d-49-times-by-sean-price-20150817-gj0wni.html
The scum who murdered Jill Meagher again on parole, a ticking timebomb walking our streets.
Six days, six hours, six minutes: Inside the hunt for Meagher's killer
How can we forget the vicious murder of Karen Chetcuti who murdered by her neighbour who again was on parole.
Cardamone jailed for life without parole for 'depraved, disgusting' murder

When those ticking timebombs are caught and then released back onto our streets to reoffend then we as a society can look at the parole board and say stop this & stop it now.

Aiia’s sister Ruba has spoken further of the disturbing FaceTime phone call the two were having when Aiia dropped the phone and Ruba never heard from her again.
“We spoke about the stand-up comedy she saw and when we would next meet..
“Suddenly I heard her scream.
“I heard vehicles in the background of the call like there was a phone on the floor.
“There was no sign during the conversation of the horror about to happen.
“I heard her screaming and screaming and then the call was cut off.’”
Aiia’s other sister Noor has recounted how she was watching the news in Israeli when she saw a bulletin about an unidentified woman’s body being found in Melbourne.
They didn’t say who it was,” Ms Maasarwe told 9 News from Israel
“But it matches all the details. It was on the same road. Everything. I was just praying that it’s not her.
“But then I saw the shoes and her phone ... and I was sure it was her.”
News details about Aiia Maasarwe’s death

It has also been revealed the exchange student Aiia died of head injuries and had suffered blunt-force trauma.

Police now believe the alleged attack was random and the young woman was not stalked or followed home on the tram from where she had been attending the comedy show Melbourne’s CBD back to Bundoora where she was staying.

You are right Bela about some red flags before they offend but let’s look Sean Price who stabbed teenage schoolgirl Masa Vukotic 49 times in a frenzied attack, with the blows that killed her aimed at her neck.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/...d-49-times-by-sean-price-20150817-gj0wni.html
The scum who murdered Jill Meagher again on parole, a ticking timebomb walking our streets.
How can we forget the vicious murder of Karen Chetcuti who murdered by her neighbour who again was on parole.

When those ticking timebombs are caught and then released back onto our streets to reoffend then we as a society can look at the parole board and say stop this & stop it now.

I suppose that somewhere, down the track, it will be seen clearly that sexual violence is a whole other animal, and not something that should be catalogued in with 'violence' and 'rehabilitation' since there is no evidence whatsoever that this particular twist can be rehabilitated and the payment of lax parole and too much emphasis on the criminals personal rights outweighing the life, the entire life of a woman, and her family.

One day.

He was just hanging around the tramstop, or sauntering around the shopping centre entrance.. .

on his home ground, one of his friends said he lived on the 86 tram, never used the bus or the train, or a car.

I wonder how long he had been there for, and how long he had waited for something. Something even he wasn't able to put into words. How many nights had he just waited around that tramstop.

Got up in the morning ,posed for a few pics for his facebook page, made a few entries, set off for another day cruising around Bundoora.

Thousands rally for Sydney Women's March
Several thousand people have marched through Sydney's streets, demanding they be made safe for women following the murder of an international student.
Men, women and children of all ages have marched through the streets of Sydney to demand they be made safe for women following the murder of an international student in Melbourne.

thousands walked from Hyde Park to Belmore Park on Sunday as part of the Women's March rallies being held around the world.

Several held signs paying tribute to Aiia Maasarwe, whose body was found in Melbourne on Wednesday morning.

Author and sexual assault survivor Bri Lee said Ms Maassarwe's death reminded her of how difficult it was to provide strategies to combat such incidents when you were just focused on surviving.

"It is so, so hard to keep an olive branch in the palm of your hand when you need your keys between your fingers," Ms Lee told the crowd.

He didn't even seem to make any attempt to leave Bundoora or Greensborough!.. Was this total delusion, or complete disassociation, or genuine cockiness of a peculiar sort?

Having shed his hat, his shirt, he must have known, he truly must have at least considered that he left evidence right at where he murdered her.

Why didn't he run?

"It's rooted in a widespread cultural acceptance that the values, the roles and the rights of women are lesser than those of men," Ms Styles told the crowd.

"Women have the right to be safe. To claim our space, to be respected and to have our voices heard."

There will always be a coward who will take from someone smaller and more vulnerable be it a smaller male on his own, an old person or a female. Just easy pickings for the yellow spined coward.

Aiia Maasarwe's grieving family pleads for her body to be returned home

more grief for this stoic family.

'However, he told the ABC that they were waiting for the body because it was extremely significant for Muslims to bury the dead as soon as possible.

He said the family was "confused" about why Ms Maasarwe's body had not already made its journey home.

"It is a critical issue, as Muslims and Palestinians, when someone dies for us, the most crucial and important thing in this moment is to release her body," he said.

"The family is in a lot of grief.'

Her body is under the authority of the Victorian Coroner, who, with the best will in the world , cannot release her body until everything that needs to be done is done. For her, and her family , and for the killer's legal rights. Terrible, but that's how it is. It is a conflict that has no resolvement except in the faith of good will towards all in a terrible point in history.

Just awful , awful.

Last edited:

Exactly. I'm with you all the way.

He didn't even seem to make any attempt to leave Bundoora or Greensborough!.. Was this total delusion, or complete disassociation, or genuine cockiness of a peculiar sort?

Having shed his hat, his shirt, he must have known, he truly must have at least considered that he left evidence right at where he murdered her.

Why didn't he run?

Is it possible that he isn’t particularly smart? Perhaps he assumed that by leaving the hat and t-shirt, he left the only evidence linking him to the crime? The detail provided by Derryn indicates to me that he tried to cover his tracks and maybe thought he was home and hosed.

It reminds me of Adrian Bailey insofar as he tried really hard to cover his tracks but was completely unaware of the cctv everywhere, which captured everything on tape.

It has also been revealed the exchange student Aiia died of head injuries and had suffered blunt-force trauma.

Police now believe the alleged attack was random and the young woman was not stalked or followed home on the tram from where she had been attending the comedy show Melbourne’s CBD back to Bundoora where she was staying.

The words there are interesting 'not stalked ... from where she had been attending the comedy show' - means he wasn't at the venue. I think by this point given what we know he did in fact 'stalk' her (i.e. his Facebook post), but he was waiting at the tram stop.

Is it possible that he isn’t particularly smart? Perhaps he assumed that by leaving the hat and t-shirt, he left the only evidence linking him to the crime? The detail provided by Derryn indicates to me that he tried to cover his tracks and maybe thought he was home and hosed.

It reminds me of Adrian Bailey insofar as he tried really hard to cover his tracks but was completely unaware of the cctv everywhere, which captured everything on tape.

Guaranteed he isn't smart, judging by his posts on his Facebook profile.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/na...t-in-aiia-maasarwe-death-20190120-p50sho.html

'The "outstanding" work of a local police officer who recognised a distinctive cap and T-shirt from the scene of Aiia Maasarwe's death led to the early arrest of murder suspect Codey Herrmann.

But a massive political glitch could have jeopardised the initial homicide investigation.

Mr Herrmann's arrest two days after the Arab-Israeli exchange student's death came when a police officer stationed at Heidelberg recognised a "1986" cap and two-tone grey T-shirt left outside the shopping centre where Ms Maasarwe's body was found.'

read more at the website.

One forgets the depth of the stupidity. I recall now how Bailey carefully removed Jill's sim card, and hid it in the laundry basket.. what a dope!. Todd was filmed for hours , and this bloke, too, he'll have been captured on film that night, hanging about. 100% certain of that.

I suppose , if one thinks it thru, which obviously, I didn't, they don't have anywhere to run to, and no resources to run with. Bailey had a car, but it barely made it up the Calder highway. None of them had savings, or access to travelling money, clearly none of them had made plans for A.F.T.E.R.

For them, their useless lives just went on the same way. Have a cigg, go down to the pub, eat breakfast with mum, chill out down at the shelter shed, as usual.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/na...t-in-aiia-maasarwe-death-20190120-p50sho.html

'The "outstanding" work of a local police officer who recognised a distinctive cap and T-shirt from the scene of Aiia Maasarwe's death led to the early arrest of murder suspect Codey Herrmann.

But a massive political glitch could have jeopardised the initial homicide investigation.

Mr Herrmann's arrest two days after the Arab-Israeli exchange student's death came when a police officer stationed at Heidelberg recognised a "1986" cap and two-tone grey T-shirt left outside the shopping centre where Ms Maasarwe's body was found.'

read more at the website.

Our cops are amazing.

Theyre rat smart but they are not smart enough to get a job, clean themselves off the drugs and get a girlfriend instead of hanging around parks with other drop kicks.
There are many that had their backs against the wall and chose to rise above it and not blame everything on someone else.
I can’t apologise for my lack of sympathy because there is no no no excuse for snuffing out this girls life like this.

Basically, unless someone dies the courts/parole board don't take violence against women very seriously. It's almost as if they believe it's just part and parcel with being a woman in this world.

This Herrmann guy sounds like he's a real dope. Bayley, who was no bright spark, at least held done some employment occasionally. But he doesn't seem to be so stupid that he doesn't know that killing someone is wrong.

I hate to say it but you see guys like the Bayley, Herrmann, Todd's around and can't help but think there is no hope for them, that they're essentially human trash. Whether they offend or not is just a matter of time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back