Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Courier mail reporter, steeletallon, has a photo of the police leaving with evidence on twitter.Waiting for it to be posted on the site.

Pic of police leaving the house ..

baden-clay.jpg

Radio 4BC in Brisbane had an interview with the (chief crime writer?) from the Courier Mail.
The reporter is out in the field on this case.

There seems to be a lot of cat and mouse stuff going on but that is normal.

Mrs G Norris is on the money with regard to where this is heading.

I wonder if the detectives in the photo are from the homicide division?

Good question!! Are there staff pics somewhere of Brisbane detectives?

I wonder what the laptop will reveal.
Are there numerous visits to reports on this investigation? Was google earth used frequently? Any checking on likely sentences eg manslaughter?
It will all be on the hard drive.

Can you imagine having eight detectives going through your house? A lot of people will be on tenterhooks.

I'm still waiting for something dramatic (read case-breaking).

Not sure about photos of detectives.

Yeah no luck on the staff pics .. massive long shot! Yes, the laptop will be a treat. Will also reveal ALL email exchanges between him and his 'female friend' which could be rather revealing, in particular in regards to his attitude towards Allison.

Oh what a wicked web we weave...

This release is interesting - Police appear to have confined the search area into zones including a hot zone.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...urbs-of-brisbane/story-e6freoof-1226338302828

"Police said they had yesterday managed to triangulate Mrs Baden Clay's IPhone, before the battery ran flat, to a location spanning three suburbs in Brisbane's west" - don't think this is right - Police would have done this earlier than yesterday.

Three police cars now at the Century 21 office where he works. That'll be the rest of those emails and computer searches all wrapped up.

Info via Steele Tallon on Twitter.

As others have said, it's not looking good for Allison to be found alive, and not looking good for him to be innocent.

What do others think happened? Scenarios? The police actions dont indicate they think she just had an accident after going for a walk. I think we've gone past this being the case.

Personally don't think it was pre-meditated based on the bad 'versions' he gave around her disappearance and his reaction afterwards: crashing the car. I would say that a fight started that got out of hand, something was said that threatened him and he lost it. Then he disposed of her.

Reporters on Twitter saying big developments to continue this afternoon in the investigation of her disappearance. Wonder what they know that they can't say.

I think the husband didn't kill her but knows exactly who did. He was having an affair and apparently that was quite well known. My sis, who is a hairdresser in Kenmore heard from one of the salon owners. It doesn't make sense for him to kill her.

Wonder if she went outside, the other woman clocked her, they drove off, disposed of the body. They would both know the area and housing very well...

I'm at a loss to understand why anyone would say it doesnt make sense for him to have killed her? He's the husband, he lives with her, and he's having an affair. And there has been a confirmed report that an argument was heard at the house on the Thursday night.

The risk of losing half your assets and access to children could have the desired effect of heating up any argument to the point of irrational in my opinion.

I'm at a loss to understand why anyone would say it doesnt make sense for him to have killed her? He's the husband, he lives with her, and he's having an affair. And there has been a confirmed report that an argument was heard at the house on the Thursday night.

Due to his profile in the area - why risk everything in the heat of the moment. The affair was long term, what's to suggest she didn't already know? I feel gutted for the kids.

Witnesses hear arguing on Thursday pm which was also the night the neighbours dog went beserk. She may have stormed out, heading for her car when the incident occurred or it may have happened inside the house - can't reconcile whether a mum would leave her kids. He has then driven her in her vehicle. He was still driving her vehicle days after the incident maybe to keep the vehicle within his control and/or to lose forensic material from tyres/wheels. He had an accident which seems deliberate - perhaps to disguise existing damage; or to create an explanation for other defensive marks on his body the police have not yet seen. The accident location versus his alleged destination of Indooropilly Police Station don't make sense. The search hot zone appears to be almost within eyeshot of his parent's house.

She may have dropped the word 'divorce' into the mix and meant it. People are people, high profile or not, and you know whether you're rich or poor, well known or not, we are all driven by the same primal urges.

Yes the crashing at Indro shopping centre on the way to the police station doesn't add up at all. The police station is next to the Indro shopping centre turn off, not on it.

The car was supposedly a "friends" -

When people are in a state where they commit a murder I dont think the issue of their profile in the area enters their mind. That kicks in later after they've killed and they start to try to cover up and save themselves.

I mean, what about the issue of someone being a psychopath and being able to do anything quite coldly. I've read excerpts of the book - "The Sociopath among us" (I think thats the title - it's by Hare). It explains how we are surrounded by people who act and seem quite normal but there are loads of subtle differences, and these people can ultimately do quite cold and harsh acts against others with no conscience whatsoever if the mood takes them or the situation arises.

He's already shown he's a liar and a cheat by having a long-term affair - people who have affairs commit masses of lies every day to cover up their affair.

Many good posts here.

Now we hear of a scratch on his face the day he reported her missing.

Sadly, it seems the outcome in this case is going to be bad one.
The police will have a ton of information and will methodically build a case.
The pressure on the perpetrator will intensify dramatically until it reaches breaking point.

I think this earlier post is on the money.
I wonder how long it will take ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member