Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah - sorry. I know it must be annoying to have newbies clogging up the works when you are all fully informed. Just wanted to introduce myself. Will wait until I've fully caught up.

And the emoticons - just something I'd wondered while I was reading over the last week. Thought I might as well ask.

Will try not to intrude till I've read it all. :truce:

WELCOME! Yes it does help to be well informed but also is a huge task to read through 13 threads. If you really were going to try to read them all the first 6 threads do give you a good idea of the basics but maybe after that just read a few chunks here and there. The last few threads i have not been able to keep up, sometimes the posts move so fast it becomes impossible.

Anyway welcome and look forward to reading your posts.

Bet this is the only time in his life African GBC wishes he was black so he could play the old "they blame me cause im black" game, milk the racial sympathy of the jury and get off scott free like OJ!! However, if he was genuinely not involved, surely he would be screaming it from the rooftops. I hope his military officer sister and her pastor husband would find the idea of covering up any knowledge of such a heinous act morally and ethically repulsive. You can support someone you love by forcing them to accept the consequences of their actions while providing family support (not approval). This act of pretending to know nothing sinks his family members into the same repugnant cesspool as the idiot who thought he could bump off a human being and get away with it. In my opinion (I hate abbreviating everything..IMO).

IMO, losing business is a sign that the community isn't behind him. If he wasn't suss to many, they would help him rather than run.

What do you guys think? Would you rally behind someone whose wife was murdered by a stranger, but if you thought he had something to do with it , you'd run?

Do you think the media is convicting him?

The media does seem remarkably restrained for the last four weeks, barring the mistress story last week.
In the past I've witnessed generosity from people towards those who are involved in high-profile cases, and I would think the media has helped tremendously to promote a cause.

From the very beginning of this case when Allison first disappeared, I simply watched the still photographs of GBC, and tried the read between the lines of the news stories, focussing on what was not said. I really believed, in those early days, that the journalists were trying to tell us who was responsible. When the "Pie Face" photo appeared in the CM I could only gasp at the implied message: this man pictured is a liar.
I am not saying that they swayed me to think a certain way. But when so many other intimate murders have had so much coverage, both investigative and analytical, the ordinary punter like me finds a depressively familiar pattern in the circumstances of Allison's relationship, her own tendency for silence, and the eventual discovery of her body in an unlikely suicide location.

And in the "leafy suburb of Brookfield," the quiet withdrawal of financial dealings from the most obvious suspect is the gentile equivalent of pitchforks and torches in the night. Just as devastating too, bless their hearts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288