Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are anything like the United States, one of the family members will sell their story to the tabloid that makes the highest offer. Here we go ... MOO
:maddening:

If I were TM I'd be the first one to do it. To squeal on him, distance myself from him and get some public sympathy going for myself. That is of course if G did it.

PS not sure of the level of his involvement but Greg Shaw is a very honest and compasionate investigator. If this involved A member of my family I would want him on the job. IMO

just watched a show on CI creepily similar. A couple, married for 27 years, husband decides he wants a divorce but she has to pay him $50,000 a year alimony as she earns more.
One night, he goes for his usual JOG, she reports him missing later that evening and when police arrive, she has the washing machine going!!! they immediately suspect, have a look around,and notice a clean up job in the bedroom.
He is found on that night, in afield 3km from house, raining at the time yet his shoes are perfectly clean and the laces are tied together right on the side of his shoes as though someone else tied them up. A piece of his scalp with hair on it is found INSIDE his shirt. It turns out he was dressed after murdered to make it look like it happened while he was out jogging that night

IS THAT CREEPY OR WHAT???

Franchise agreements and contracts vary just like any other contracts. There is typicallly a get our clause in any franchise agreement should it no longer be profitable. Whilst franchise agreements are typically a legal mine field, I am of the opinion real estate franchise agreements are not of the more technical or stringent agreements that are in place. A franchisor can cancel the agreement with the franchisee far easier than the reverse, they must be able to have the upper hand in the agreement in order to protect their brand.

You may be onto something here, perhaps this relocation is simply due to 'contract obligations' more than anything else. Something tells me that is not the case mind you. Almost all contracts have some sort of bereavement get out clause in them. short term or otherwise.

I dare say there would have been the opportunity to simply shut this business down completely in a reasonably short amount of time, under special circumstances. As for rental rolls, well that is pretty easy to manage out of a home office, especially reasonably smaller rental rolls.

I am suspecting this office relocation rather than complete closure is some sort of act of defiancy more than anything else.

then again, there is the scenario to consider that he has had nothing to do with his wife's murder and he is simply getting ready to rebuild his life bit by bit albeit on a smaller scale. Personally I think it will take an arrest of the perp or perps for him to be able to truly start a new phase if this is the case. Whilst there is uncertainty about his innocence or guilt in the wider community then it would be very hard for him to build anything at the moment!

One thing for sure, if his quote of 'business as usual' is correct then it is not only insensitive and removed but fairly misguided. Business as usual consisted of 350 sq metre of office space, significant signage in a premium inner west suburb, a dozen home sale listings and several staff members. Not quite business as usual....

Would any access to Allisons moneys including Insurances be frozen????????

I wonder if the austar box at GBC's shows what is watched as well as whats been recorded, for example, THE CRIME CHANNEL..if you ask me someone's been getting ideas!!

I wonder if the austar box at GBC's shows what is watched as well as whats been recorded, for example, THE CRIME CHANNEL..if you ask me someone's been getting ideas!!

You wonder if there's a record once it's been deleted.

GBC is a right piece of work isn't he? Just looking at the pic of him moving into the new office and there he is with white earphones in, listening to tunes on his ipod?

Tra la la la leeee, dee dee dum dum doooooo...

Little things speak volumes. That is not a man grieving, that is man arrogant. Someone murdered his wife FFS!

I am shocked yet not shocked.

I must be the most arrogant person going then. I always have my earphones in to take phone calls, you know when Im driving or holding things...

just watched a show on CI creepily similar. A couple, married for 27 years, husband decides he wants a divorce but she has to pay him $50,000 a year alimony as she earns more.
One night, he goes for his usual JOG, she reports him missing later that evening and when police arrive, she has the washing machine going!!! they immediately suspect, have a look around,and notice a clean up job in the bedroom.
He is found on that night, in afield 3km from house, raining at the time yet his shoes are perfectly clean and the laces are tied together right on the side of his shoes as though someone else tied them up. A piece of his scalp with hair on it is found INSIDE his shirt. It turns out he was dressed after murdered to make it look like it happened while he was out jogging that night

IS THAT CREEPY OR WHAT???

they also said she has never admitted what she did, or never will because IMAGE IS TOO IMPORTANT TO HER

You wonder if there's a record once it's been deleted.

I think that would be something worth checking, thats for sure...it was eery watching that show, I know that much. She earned much more money than him, she was the control freak who made all the decisions, everything went her way, till he said he wanted a divorce and she hired an attorney who told her that she would have to pay alimony. she planned it all, then while he slept, shot him up with a horse tranquiliser, took to him with a hammer, then finally strangled him,

also she transported the body by herself apparently so a dead weight like that can be moved by a woman (just saying)

I have this vision of him one day walking along with his phone glued to his head and suddenly it rings!

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: that has to be the comment for the week

CLASSIC :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I have to say that when I saw that CM headline I was expecting - a bit of a murmur from GBC of 'doing it tough without Allison or at least my wife' but then I remembered - that's right Narcissist no capability to process grief and display empathy. And he was probably so estranged from his wife that he didn't think about her too much in his daily life.

- indifferent, cold, heartless

I have been reading earlier news reports 28/4TH and came across one that stated GBC remained SEQUESTERED at his parents house. Well I just had to look it up to find the meaning and found it quite interesting
(Mr Baden-Clay remained sequestered at his parents' house in nearby Kenmore.)

Link to article ..http://www.news.com.au/national/all...and-police-mobilising-a-substantial-force-to-

Link to sequester definition

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/sequester

Thanks Barram - I have been thinking about your post. Many years ago a close family member received life threatening burns to the majority of his body as a result of a malicious act. The police investigating the case asked us (the family) not to discuss the matter with the media as it could hamper their investigation. The guy responsible pleaded guilty - we only wished that we had talked to the media because when someone pleads guilty the crime gets trivialised, almost swept under the carpet. The majority of time in the court room was spent with the defence lawyers pleading their case for a lenient sentence. The guy got an 18 month suspended sentence.

Could GBC have been asks by Police to refrain from talking to the media about Allison unless they are present?

I would like to know how the lawyer and barrister are going to be paid? Indications show not a lot of finances to back them all the way to the finish post.

Cheers.

Thanks Barram - I have been thinking about your post. Many years ago a close family member received life threatening burns to the majority of his body as a result of a malicious act. The police investigating the case asked that us (the family) not to discuss the matter with the media as it could hamper their investigation. The guy responsible pleaded guilty - we only wished that we had talked to the media because when someone pleads guilty the crime gets trivialised, almost swept under the carpet. The majority of time in the court room was spent with the defence lawyers pleading their case for a lenient sentence. The guy got an 18 month suspended sentence.

Thats bloody awful. I am sorry to hear that. 18 months suspended sentence for that. Disgusting.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Thanks. Good one.
Or when Det Supt Mark Ainsworth knocks on the door and Mummy Bear answers. She calls out to Baby Bear, "Mr Ainsworth is here to seee you loveee.":panic:

From this article: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...iness-has-closed/story-e6freoof-1226370411425
"When and if we decide to prosecute anyone"
If?... What does he mean "if"? That doesn't sound good at all, no wonder GBC looks like he doesn't have a care in the world! When Qld's Police Commissioner says "if" they decide to prosecute anyone, her killer must feel that they just may get away with murder.

LIMAGES: I suspect that it is not just the forensic toxicology testing, but some other factors, such as, the POI has hired a legal eagle Criminal Lawyer may impact the Police investigation; Police need to explore all avenues of enquiry to establish that they have all the 'evidence' they need to the best of their ability before any charges are laid. As stated in recent article on page 1 of this thread, they only get one chance at this, so they want it get it right. My opinion only, not fact.

Oh dear...! So many defamatory comments out there in full view now then.

my point was more, why quote someone's opinion, it is just that, a thought..if you wish to converse with them or comment on their opinion, wouldnt you come here and do so?

I have been reading earlier news reports 28/4TH and came across one that stated GBC remained SEQUESTERED at his parents house. Well I just had to look it up to find the meaning and found it quite interesting (Mr Baden-Clay remained sequestered at his parents' house in nearby Kenmore.)quote]

BARRAM5: Good post. Sequestered - depends upon whether the Journalist chose to use this word, or whether Police have requested that he remain confined to his parents house. Because the news.com article shows 'page not found' on my computer, I am unable to explore this, but the source of the sequestering would be useful information about what is being required of him.

If every suspect of a homicide kept detectives at bay by engaging a lawyer there would be a queue of unsolved murders a mile long.

MYSERTY64: I agree. The Police should be able to investigate a murder without being impeded. I hope that this case will demonstrate that The Law needs to change to prevent suspects from engaging the services of Criminal legal eagles until after there are charges laid. The Police need to be empowered to conduct their investigation and not be impeded by Criminal Lawyer(s) in that process. This is my opinion only, not fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam