Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the damage to the Prado was not caused by hitting a person or a large animal. The telling bit is the large long scratch on the side. IMO it was caused by an object.

I would think that QPS have been kept very busy with this case! It seems to have more components than we originally thought. If the Captiva is still impounded (which seems to be the case) and if it has some damage to the rear, I doubt it will be realeased any time soon. QPS wouldn't want to fuel the rumour mill any more than it's necessary.

If I was GBC I think I'd be hiring or borrowing a car rather than driving the damaged one around. Just fuels speculation IMO.

:skip: Hear ye, hear ye - to all you good people of the forum :skip:

Let it be known that there is one amongst us who stands head and shoulders above the crowd. The fair maid known to us all as indromum:goldstar:, this day is awarded the order of the purple garter :goldcrown: And may we all bow down to her sleuthing ability, her commitment and ingenuity, and to her sheer doggedness to the call of truth and justice for allison :justice:
And let this be a reminder :flashback: To all you naysayers and blatherskyters that you can't put a good woman down!

:fireworks:

Imo

well said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

:skip: Hear Ye, Hear Ye - to all you good people of the forum :skip:

Let it be known that there is one amongst us who stands head and shoulders above the crowd. The fair maid known to us all as Indromum:goldstar:, this day is awarded the Order of the Purple Garter :goldcrown: and may we all bow down to her sleuthing ability, her commitment and ingenuity, and to her sheer doggedness to the call of Truth and Justice for Allison :justice:
and let this be a reminder :flashback: to all you naysayers and blatherskyters that you can't put a good woman down!

IMO

Al in agreeance say aye!
:rocker:
AYE!!!!

I think this little big bingle occurred when he was waiting to try and turn left but was stuck waiting behind a car. He looks to see the road is clear and he has forgotten there is a car in front and he slowly moves on to the waiting vehicle in front who has failed to turn. He doesn't register that there is still a car there until he has driven on top of it. The low down impact looks like he has pushed into the back side of a car, the scratch on the bonnet tho is tough for my theory to explain but maybe it was low profile ute with load in the back that dug into the paint? The damage to the car in cases like this is caused mostly by the Prado's own weight moving against the other vehicle.

I know this doesn't help the theory that it related to Allison's demise but I don't think there is enough paint loss or black marks to have hit a guard rail or a tree. IMHO of course!

IMO the damage to the Prado was not caused by hitting a person or a large animal. The telling bit is the large long scratch on the side. IMO it was caused by an object.

I would think that QPS have been kept very busy with this case! It seems to have more components than we originally thought. If the Captiva is still impounded (which seems to be the case) and if it has some damage to the rear, I doubt it will be realeased any time soon. QPS wouldn't want to fuel the rumour mill any more than it's necessary.

That's not a scratch on the side - that's where the wheel arch has become unattached from the flares and there's just no paint there. same as on the front, where there is a crease in the mental and it's been pushed in, it's popped off the paint. The impact from the front has just buckled the passenger quarter panel and caused it.
I've crashed a lot of cars in my time ;)

If I was GBC I think I'd be hiring or borrowing a car rather than driving the damaged one around. Just fuels speculation IMO.

With his apparent bad driving record, who would want to lend him a car? He will have to hire one soon to have this one repaired (although police may have given him direction not to repair the car as yet?)

AYE AYE AYE - WAY TO GO INDROMUM!!!!!:takeabow::yourock::eek:hwow::applause:

I was thinking exactly the same thing! Is the Captiva damaged and that's why it was backed into the carport instend of just driving into the carport front first?

QPS photos of both cars released early on were taken in a way that the public could not see the front of the Prado and the rear of the Captiva.

Was one car chasing the other around the roundabout?

Yes I think so too re the Captiva/carport/roundabout......wondering if anyone did come forward to report seeing the cars perhaps one of the first questions police may have asked them "did you notice anything unusual about the cars"

That's not a scratch on the side - that's where the wheel arch has become unattached from the car and there's just no point there. same as on the front, where there is a crease in the mental and it's been pushed in, it's popped off the paint. The impact from the front has just buckled the passenger quarter panel and caused it.
I've crashed a lot of cars in my time ;)

Ok, got you. I didn't realise that portion above the wheel was a separate panel. Thanks for clarifying.

I know this doesn't help the theory that it related to Allison's demise but I don't think there is enough paint loss or black marks to have hit a guard rail or a tree. IMHO of course!

How much paint would be lost if it had hit the back left rear corner of the Captiva??

Gerard has lost a lot of facebook friends the last 24 hours or so.
The pressure cooker feeling must be extreme right now.

While you guys are sleeping I had a little look at Aussiecrims. Haven't had time to read many of the posts there but this one was certainly interesting.
I can only copy and paste 10% so if you want to continue reading there is a link below.

Redback1 says:
June 5, 2012 at 12:51 am

I want to address the bridge body dump versus washed downstream theory.

I was a scout and I camped at Tyampolum scout campsite. I know the terrain, kholo creek and bridge, i grew up in the area and basically know the locational geography of this case very well.

I have been closely following this case like alot of people up and down the country.

I know the body was dumped over the railings of the Kholo bridge and not dumped upstream and washed down there in the rains – and I know the police know this.

One snippet the police have revealed is information relating to vehicle activity at the Kholo bridge based on an appeal for information.

http://m.news.com.au/QLD/pg/0/fi1555845.htm

http://aussiecriminals.com.au/2012/...or Aussie Criminals and Crooks)#comment-32147

The post is close to the bottom by Redbank at 1251am.

Thanks for this Curiousasacat, very interesting. I was watching that site until fairly recently, but got frustrated with all the disorder of posts, especially when you reload the page and newer posts have been added.

Not sure I'm seeing part of guardrail you mean. Do you mean on the left hand side of road coming onto bridge, where it looks a bit more curved than it should be. Just wondering if there would be more damage to guardrail if this prang happened there if that is where you mean?

Definitely a possibility though and forensics would be able to prove it!

Yes near the curved bit closest to the top there is a ding above the dint in rail....click on photo and you can zoom in.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-enters-11th-day/story-e6freoof-1226342625074

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/aussiecriminals/7127179265/"]closer | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]

Wow, very disturbing, but interesting to see the damage to the Prado.

Initially I thought it's too much damage to be a person, but I guess it depends on the speed at impact. Anyone have an idea what the average Kangaroo would weigh? I would have thought over 100kg, but maybe not. (just trying to get an idea of damage to Zookyliz's car vs damage from hitting a person)

There are road signs with deer silhouttes on them in the area. I am almost positive the signs are between Brookfield and Kholo Creek.

Good morning all wow things change so unexpectedly now the car damage...I was watching NINEMSN NEWS when I found this view of the prado.Its a hard to work out if theres damage but to me it looks like it has...pause at 9 seconds ....I see it clearer on ipad

http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/police-inspect-car-for-baden-clay-clues/xuhr17n

Haha..coincidence..not sure if anyone else had the same but the advert at beginning of the video..."toyota oh what a feeling" :)

Thanks for the vid Barram :)

IMO the car is not the "murder weapon", but this mans apparent run of "bad luck" gets more and more intriguing.

Guilty or not, Its a wonder how he's got through life thus far.....

:skip: Hear Ye, Hear Ye - to all you good people of the forum :skip:

Let it be known that there is one amongst us who stands head and shoulders above the crowd. The fair maid known to us all as Indromum:goldstar:, this day is awarded the Order of the Purple Garter :goldcrown: and may we all bow down to her sleuthing ability, her commitment and ingenuity, and to her sheer doggedness to the call of Truth and Justice for Allison :justice:
and let this be a reminder :flashback: to all you naysayers and blatherskyters that you can't put a good woman down!

IMO
Thank you Mani (wiping away tears)

I read in my Boys Own Book of Crime Investigation the other day (sorry don't have a link to an online version) that often a fluorescent magentic dusting powder can be used to highlight prints on metal to give them a stronger contrast in order to be photographed. Just IMO MOO.

I read in my Boys Own Book of Crime Investigation the other day (sorry don't have a link to an online version) that often a fluorescent magentic dusting powder can be used to highlight prints on metal to give them a stronger contrast in order to be photographed. Just IMO MOO.

Also, I watched a documentary where they can lift finger prints from fabrics and similar materials by using a process of vaporising super glue (yes, normal super glue) in a sealed glass box. The super glue vapours adhere to the fabric, revealing the finger prints. It was very interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam