Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think CJ60 is working on a plan on how to dig the perps out of their bunker.:floorlaugh:

Careful what you say - this may be taken as fact!
Can you verify this? Link please? I'm busy burrowing.... I'm under CSIRO.

Me! Me!
I have a few questions!
Does anyone know if EBC drives?
If that model Captiva is a 4WD?
...and opinions on what they could be measuring near the pylon would be appreciated too!!
...and are you still in W Creek?? I hear it is going to be -5!!

They do have a 4wd and 2wd model, apparently the 4wd model is more popular.

Unsure if EBC drives

They could be looking at marks, distance from structure, not sure

Over at Belco now, it just hit below Zero at our place

I agree with your feelings on this intense dissecting of the images, but feel that there is no way possible that sleuthers would not examine every single piece of evidence available to them, its a little bit of a paradox for all of us I feel. I do want to ask why you quoted my post in your post as it has nothing to do with this topic?

Sorry didn't mean to quote you. And realise this is a forum has some pretty dedicated sleuthers but this particular aspect of sleuthing is IMO disrespectful .The photos were displayed ages ago but keep coming up.If the body is visible it is an incredible disrespect to Allison that they were released at all. My reference to skin color ( and I hated doing it) was to perhaps stop the intense scrutiny of the photographs. I'm not too good at this typing (one finger typer) Arthtitis,,,,,,,,,,,sorry/:blushing:MOOOOO

thankyou, but I don't see any identifying feature. To me, this could be a black carry bag, and a silver forensics case. Or a photographers case. Or a body bag and a fingerprint kit, or a medical examiners bag and a spare set of hazmat suits...

in ohter words, it is indistinguishable to me. Sorry, but I appreciate if others can see it

I've been looking at the photos for days and I can't really see anything distinguishable either. Glad I'm not the only one :)

OK, I'm going to say it.

In the screencap stills from channel 7 or 10, at the most I see half a body.

Does anyone else see the same? Or am I a lunatic?

Agree. Half in the sun, the other half in the shade.

Me! Me!
I have a few questions!
Does anyone know if EBC drives?
If that model Captiva is a 4WD?
...and opinions on what they could be measuring near the pylon would be appreciated too!!
...and are you still in W Creek?? I hear it is going to be -5!!

awesome!! you had a hundred questions!!! and I dont have a clue as to any of the answersw...sorry :(

:fence:
Even if all of you laugh at this, there is something called LOVE. When someone falls in love, you are quite blind to many things. Also, people change over time. He could have been charming for half their marriage and then things went down hill slowly. IMO.

CaseClosed, you are spot on. Psychiatry and psychology studies have actually confirmed there are various stages a marriage goes through. I forget how many years it is, but I think at a certain number the divorce rate soars because at this stage the honeymoon is well and truly over, kids are involved and it tests the endurance and morals of both parties, as well as their loyalties to each other. I know this is a major milestone in a relationship. The next one follows when the children leave home.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

For a few days in a row, there have been numerous TOS violations on this case. While it may seem harmless to some, we are getting dozens of complaints from other members who want to discuss this case constructively. From now on, there will be more time outs issued to those who repeatedly choose to ignore our guidelines.

Here are just some of the problems that occur over and over:

* Baiting /Trolling / Inciting Conflict:There are times when a member violates our rules by trying to upset other members. Please use your ALERT feature when this happens and DO NOT RESPOND TO THE POSTS. When a moderator is able to deal with the problem, it takes a LOT less time when he/she doesn't have to also deal with all the responses to the offense. Plus, it makes the one who initially started the conflict keep on going.

* Inviting/Baiting: This is when someone says they have information they can't share on the forum. Then someone else asks for them to PM the information. It's like be at a party and whispering secrets to each other and is not allowed here. If you have something private to share, then send a private message and don't announce it on the public thread.

* Dreams/Visions: WS doesn't condone dreams and visions and psychic information. There are plenty of sites out there on the WWW that do, but we are not one of them. We have not found that information to be helpful in solving cases.

* Announcing alerts: Don't announce that you are alerting. Just do your part and make the alert and move on.

* Sleuthing other members: It doesn't matter what they are doing here, we do NOT sleuth other members. Anonymity is taken very seriously on Websleuths. If this continues, a member could lose their posting privileges permanently

* Derogatory Name Changes to Case Players/General Name Calling: is not allowed here. I'm learning more and more Aussie slang, so knock this stuff off.

* “Off-Topic” Posts: Off-Topic posts are subject to editing or removal at administrative discretion, and without notification. Members that continuously post off topic may have their posting privileges suspended. There is a chat thread created just for you guys. Go there and discuss things that interest you, or just to joke around in a positive manner. This thread is for discussion of Allison's murder.

None of these rules are new and a more detailed explanation of them can be found here: Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Everyone is now being held responsible for knowing the rules.

ummm.... bumping this up... everyone read it and heed it :tos:

Sorry didn't mean to quote you. I'm not too good at this typing (one finger typer) Arthtitis,,,,,,,,,,,sorry/:blushing:

thanks Mothergoose, I wasn't sure and had to read it twice!! when I am on my phone I only type with one finger too..my kids think Im weird!

I'm not sure who the poster was, but someone said that it was a "false alarm", but there was no indication as to how they know this.

I also assumed they contacted the blogger, but cannot be sure.

hi everyone,
I am sorry that this has caused so much confusion. It was definitely a false alarm, and i made that judgement based on a previous post by the geocacher in this thread <modsnip>

I did not personally contact the geocacher, however, i was made aware (as were the mods) that the geocacher had been notified.
The person who notified the geocacher did so with good intentions, and the geocacher was grateful for the notification. The initial contact made by this person was the first the geocacher had heard of it, and as far as i am aware, they haven't had any issues with people attempting to contact them since.
Cheers guys :)

I posted last night but didn't get any replies to my post. I noticed that very close to where NBC was seen by a witness there is a car wash. To me that explains why he was there- waiting for GBC to clean out the car before driving him home again.

Interested in thoughts...

Also I have a theory that GBC didn't use Rafting Ground Rd that night as he was already in that area fighting in the car with ABC earlier in the night. She jumped out of the car, screamed, was caught by him again and dragged back into the car. This was at 10pm when the screams were heard near Rafting Ground Rd. GCB wouldn't' have wanted to go that way again in case someone have already called the police. MOO of course

Interested in what you all think.

Ah, i see that the lovely poster who notified the geocacher has already explained it themselves :)

Sorry everyone, for being OT, i am still trying to catch up!

Good sleuthing, but makes you wonder how the canoeist even saw her if she was that far up the bank (almost hidden), don't you think? Maybe smelt something? (sorry).

If she was carried downstream, would she not have been pushed from behind by the water? In other words, she would have come to a standstill back facing to the left? It just does not make sense to me that she would be facing the water if she was carried downstream.

They do have a 4wd and 2wd model, apparently the 4wd model is more popular.

Unsure if EBC drives

They could be looking at marks, distance from structure, not sure

Over at Belco now, it just hit below Zero at our place

Thanks. Really keen to see if EBC has been seen driving in any media shown or by locals...or if they know how many cars the BC seniors own.

OT So you've crossed to the dark side...

I posted last night but didn't get any replies to my post. I noticed that very close to where NBC was seen by a witness there is a car wash. To me that explains why he was there- waiting for GBC to clean out the car before driving him home again.

Interested in thoughts...

Also I have a theory that GBC didn't use Rafting Ground Rd that night as he was already in that area fighting in the car with ABC earlier in the night. She jumped out of the car, screamed, was caught by him again and dragged back into the car. This was at 10pm when the screams were heard near Rafting Ground Rd. GCB wouldn't' have wanted to go that way again in case someone have already called the police. MOO of course

Interested in what you all think.

Has it been confirmed that it was absolutely positively NBC though? Is this still a rumor or has it been confirmed?

And this is beneficial to who ??? MOOO:what:

My comment on skin coloration was to contradict the comments I've read saying this is the bare this or whatever that was exposed as if it would like a be normal complexion. I have avoided this for a while.To go on and on about defining the body to establish whether she was placed or washed downstream will benefit nobody and the police would have figured that out by now. I just think enough is enough and am probably saying this as I am old enough to be her mother. MOOO

Discussion has been about the position and location, not the condition. I said "bare skin". Allison was described as wearing 3/4 length pants which exposes the bottom half of the leg. Imo that matches with the photo. BTW "blackness" starts between 10 & 20 days depending on the environment. These images are somewhat blurred but you can still define black, grey (clothing) and pale imo.

Sorry didn't mean to quote you. And realise this is a forum has some pretty dedicated sleuthers but this particular aspect of sleuthing is IMO disrespectful .The photos were displayed ages ago but keep coming up.If the body is visible it is an incredible disrespect to Allison that they were released at all. My reference to skin color ( and I hated doing it) was to perhaps stop the intense scrutiny of the photographs. I'm not too good at this typing (one finger typer) Arthtitis,,,,,,,,,,,sorry/:blushing:MOOOOO

I hear that...and I want to say that some aspects of sleuthing are of course going to be unpleasant. It does seem terribly intrusive to obsess over trying to glimpse a photo of a dead body, and blow it up, highlight it, point arrows at it etc......BUT ITS THE REALITY OF THE SITUATION. ALLISON IS DEAD AND SHE WAS MURDERED AND THROWN AWAY LIKE TRASH...this is confronting and hurtful to the majority of us who care about finding justice for her, but I think its part of the inquisitive nature of the amateur armchair detective and sleuther. Im not going to apologise for my part in this.

I do understand your difficulty with accepting that this callous and cold part of the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson