Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also new to this forum - I have been very interested in this case. Both professionally & personally.
There are some things I feel are important.
* the Baden-Clay family are socially well-heeled. The demographic of the area is a higher socio economic group. Appearances are everything. One's "name" is everything.
* I believe that the BC family would do all they could to "protect their own". More so than a family less concerned with how things "look" than how things are. This is sociology 101. When people have a "name" it is often harder to see that name sullied.

There seems to be some confusion around weather Allison and her husband were living together. There is also suggestion if they were they were living together they were not sharing a bedroom.

I feel sure there is a third person involved. The office of the woman he allegedly was or had been in a relationship with is located near to that roundabout.

I think this is a crime of passion. That this woman was somehow involved in the death of Allison. There was a statement in the press that there were no obvious signs of harm. Her body if it had been in water for some days would not be in a state that this statement would be made. This leads me to believe the body did not float downstream or was washed down stream. It would suggest that the body was in that position from either being thrown over the edge of the bridge or from being placed there. Either by boat or by carrying her through the scrub. An average 60kg woman would not be easy to carry through the scrub. From where the body was positioned on the photos it would seem unlikely that she was thrown over.

I suggest that she was somehow drugged or knocked unconscious - & perhaps roused at the point of the roundabout - thus the car "behaving strangely". At this point someone needed to assist - weather it was GBC and his father or GBC alone... OR someone we don't yet know of...

If GBC has a history of DV it would make sense that he "went too far"... I still believe if this is the case he didn't act alone.

There is a piece to this puzzle that is not yet apparent. I do believe the "other" woman is somehow involved in this.

Thanks for the info about the office location of the female. :)

This is starting to remind me of the Maria Korp case.

I feel sure there is a third person involved. The office of the woman he allegedly was or had been in a relationship with is located near to that roundabout.

I think you make some valid points Inanna. Is the hairdresser that Allison supposedly attended also at this shopping centre?

Perhaps the argument heard was between the mistress and GBC. Perhaps something had happened at the shop after the hairdressing appointment. The hairdressers is a time to think and perhaps decided to pay a visit to the young woman in question.
Perhaps something happened at the Kenmore Village Shopping Centre, after all anybody can answer a text message on a phone. As we are questioning GBC behaviour after 10pm why do we believe the 10pm story.

Ive got to thinking about the position of Allisons body also. It would make sense if he stopped in the middle of the bridge, the body would have ended up directly in the middle probably in the water. However if there are blind corners or he didnt want to tak the chance someone would come along, it would be less suspect if he pulled off the road, a little after the bridge and carried her back and put her over the edge as soon as he estimated there would be a drop. Does anyone know if there is anywhere you can pull over to the side after the guard rail ends?

I doubt this is possible. The next place to stop outbound is very far up a hill and it would be a struggle, especially with a body. I remember walking from Bunya Road to near Kholo Creek Bridge when it flooded in 2011 and it was quite physical.

He wouldn't risk being seen. I suspect he placed her upstream. As previously mentioned my husband saw something strange up near the scout hall.

Thanks for the info about the office location of the female. :)
Sorry, but to get facts straight ... the suggested location mentioned is 100% inaccurate. She is no longer in the Kenmore area.

I apologise in advance as this is completely off topic however last year a man was found murdered in a barrell in caboolture. Police were very careful with information that was being realeased to the public only absolute bear minimum made it to the media. I'm assuming to not jeopordise their investigation. I understand a little of the process that occoured as I know there was alot of information that has never been realesed into the public, not sure if it will come to light when it goes to trial. The person of interests family home in Esk was raided to look for clues. It took a couple of months before the person who allegedly murdered this man was arrested and the family members from Esk also had to appear in Pine Rivers magistrates court regarding being accessories after the fact. This has still not gone to trial and while the man who has been arrested for the allegedly commiting the murder is currently locked up those who allegedly assisted after the fact are still living their normal lives in Esk. I'm wondering what are the sentences for being an accessory to murder? IMHO I believe anyone who assists in such an act should also have very serious ramifications. I guess what I am thinking is from my very limited knowledge of murder investigations they do not make most facts or evidence common knowledge and therefore they must have had some quite substantial evidence already to search not only GBD home but also his parents home. IMO I really don't think having someone help him after the fact is far fetched at all.

I doubt this is possible. The next place to stop outbound is very far up a hill and it would be a struggle, especially with a body. I remember walking from Bunya Road to near Kholo Creek Bridge when it flooded in 2011 and it was quite physical.

He wouldn't risk being seen. I suspect he placed her upstream. As previously mentioned my husband saw something strange up near the scout hall.

Police searched bushland at the Tyamolum Scout Grounds near the creek where the body was eventually found. They found what may have been drag marks on a track leading to the creek.

http://www.thechronicle.com.au/story/2012/05/03/police-find-suspected-drag-marks-near-creek/

The point of the roundabout and "acting strangely"... Perhaps she (the woman if she was driving the car) pulled in to her office and exited incorrectly thus "driving strangely"... Or perhaps ABC went to the woman's office and confronted her - though she doesn't seem to fit the profile of a woman who would do this.

I do believe the woman has a part to play in this story...

The woman mentioned has a part to play in the history of the BC family, but doesn't work from an office in Kenmore. Also for all reasons mentioned before very unlikely to be involved in Allison's murder.

Sorry, but to get facts straight ... the suggested location mentioned is 100% inaccurate. She is no longer in the Kenmore area.

Okay, thanks for the correction. Do you mean she no longer works there or no longer lives in the area? TIA :)

Sorry that is just not true. Unless he was having further relationships, no woman involved with him or interviewed by police works from any office in Kenmore. This is an inaccurate statement that has taken on a life of its own on this forum.

I'm another one who has been sitting back and reading these threads. As a Brisbane person this case is fascinating as normally I am reading things on WebSleuths that happen in the US. This case is basically occurring in my backyard (I live about 25 minutes away) and that is what is so hard for Brisbane people to get their head around. This sort of thing doesn't often occur here but of late we've had some major crime happening including shootings, extended car chases, and now this.

I believe, though, that whilst the majority of people here are doing the right thing and discussing what is known to try to make sense of this senseless tragedy that some are letting the rumours and innuendos take over the judgement. This also concerns me, as it does others, that a fair trial may not be able to occur due to people already being in a certain mindset. I agree with the previous posters who used Lindy Chamberlain and Dennis Ferguson as examples of this. Both Lindy and Dennis were convicted in the media prior to court cases which devalued the process.

I think we all need to just discuss what we know and wait for the police to do what they do best - catch the culprit. Until they make an arrest we should all keep open minds so as not to ruin the chances of justice prevailing.

In some cases overseas, the trial has been moved to another jurisdiction and jury selection has been from other areas not directly connected to the crime. Is that possible in Australia or does the trial happen in the jurisdiction no matter what? Does anybody know?

Even in an advanced state of decomposition, broken bones are easily identified. The forensic investigators that would have been on site prior to her remains being removed would have been able to identify broken bones very quickly as this is something they do every day. They would not have had to wait for the autopsy to establish this fact.

As mentioned in my previous post, I work in a funeral home and we deal with these types of things on a daily basis so I am talking from experience.

Possible, but also highly likely they are not going to release this info to the public. My main reason for commenting on using the quote from the papers to indicate that she was not thrown from the bridge is that we are not privy to this sort of detail. And I am pretty certain that even if they might detect a broken arm or similar, they would need to do the autopsy to identify all broken bones/fractures. They wouldn't do this from observation.

The woman mentioned has a part to play in the history of the BC family, but doesn't work from an office in Kenmore. Also for all reasons mentioned before very unlikely to be involved in Allison's murder.

This has nothing to do with this particular post, but quite a lot of posts back you included a link in one of your posts which was entitled something like "Tasmanian blogger". Would you be able to provide this link again please? It related to GBC and Century21 activity. Thank you in advance.

Okay, thanks for the correction. Do you mean she no longer works there or no longer lives in the area? TIA :)
Sorry I don't know where the person lives, but if it's the same woman we're all talking about, they don't work anywhere near the Kenmore roundabout or in Kenmore generally. I don't want to discuss the person's details as I don't want to implicate anyone who doesn't deserve to be mentioned...especially if what I was told was wrong somehow

I wonder how the police are managing the updates to the family. Would they be required to pass on all info to both families? If he was a person of interest, but not yet arrested, how would they go balancing the right of a family to know how the case is progressing, versus not giving too much away if member/s of the family were part of the investigation. I don't know whether GBC is asking for updates, but if he is, that would be a tricky situation for the police.

I'm trying to find a link to where they mentioned something about finding information for gerard, the girls and the family (not in them words). There are so many news reports i'm trying to go through them all to find it. As soon as i find it i will put the link on here

So this woman is not employed by REMAX Kenmore?

Not the woman I have been told, by someone who would definitely know 98% accurately, that was a past colleague interviewed by police, no. (I have changed my 100% accuracy calculation from previous post because there's always room for wrong information :p)

Sorry that is just not true. Unless he was having further relationships, no woman involved with him or interviewed by police works from any office in Kenmore. This is an inaccurate statement that has taken on a life of its own on this forum.

One of his ex-colleagues has been interviewed three times by police. Perhaps it is a different woman to the one you're referring to?

POLICE investigating the death of Allison Baden-Clay have interviewed a female former colleague of her husband, Gerard, for the third time, declaring they are "keeping an open mind" in their hunt for the Brookfield mum's killer.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/tr...ents-in-the-area/story-fnat7jnn-1226345491639

Police searched bushland at the Tyamolum Scout Grounds near the creek where the body was eventually found. They found what may have been drag marks on a track leading to the creek.

http://www.thechronicle.com.au/story/2012/05/03/police-find-suspected-drag-marks-near-creek/

Yes, I asked my husband about his ride (before Allison's body was found) as he went out on the Sunday beforehand and someone had mentioned the scout hall. He did say it looked as though animals had trekked through which may well have been what the police found :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975