Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #7

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads' started by Kimster, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

Thank you for joining Websleuths! :welcome3:

Please remember the following when discussing the Allison Baden-Clay case:
    Websleuths is a moderated forum. We strive to discuss cases in a friendly environment.

Our rules can be reviewed here: The Rules (PLEASE make sure you know the rules!)

Currently, we are considering Allison's husband to be a suspected person of interest in this case. There is a possible second party involved per MSM and it is okay to discuss that aspect, but please refrain from accusing anyone of murder at this juncture. Speculating is one thing, accusing is another.

Thread 1

Thread 2
    Thread 3
    Thread 4

Thread 5

Thread 6

REMEMBER: No cutting and pasting of comments from other social or media websites. You may paraphrase and provide a link.

The only social media sites allowed are those belonging to the victim, Gerard Baden-Clay and any named (by law enforcement) POI or Suspect, or site created and devoted to the murder of Allison.

Media/Timeline Reference Thread: CLICK HERE

2. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

3. Lu-Lu

Lu-Lu New Member

This guy was sentenced to life, with parole after 13yrs. So, he's probably been out by now for some time. :(

I don't know how they sleep at night. I positively sobbed for what seemed like an eternity after sentencing. I was sent a letter a couple years ago requisting me to be a juror again for the supreme court. I, of course asked to be excused. I found the whole process traumatic enough, being a single girl in my very early 20's. And now, since having kids, I cry at any sappy sad moment in a tv show, movie, or even commerical. I know I wouldn't be able to keep my composure being a juror again.

4. maevelorg

maevelorg New Member

The Federal Govt of Australia abolished the death penalty in 1973 and as such there exists no provision for the death penalty in any State or Territory.

Life imprisonment in many cases means files marked 'Never to be Released' and sometimes, depending on various factors, the defendant's sentencing can be cumulative if multiple charges involved. This means that multiple sentences can be added together simultaneously but limitations may apply depending on jurisdiction.

Nothing like the US though where I've seen people sentenced to a couple of hundred years for crimes!

5. BrizzychickinUSA

BrizzychickinUSA New Member

6. Neuromancer

Neuromancer New Member

7. CaseClosed

CaseClosed Registered User

Well, time to zzzzzzzz .... Good Night. Let's hope the next few days will bring good news from QPS.

8. CaseClosed

CaseClosed Registered User

9. Lu-Lu

Lu-Lu New Member

Wouldn't that be nice..? I get the whole whilst being in gaol having systems in place to rehibilitate them. But then again, prisoners seems to have greater access to further education and health care and recreational facilities, than people who are working hard earning an honest living and are just bearly keeping their heads above water. And can you believe that they then grip about the pettiest things..? http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...de-inmate-gripes/story-e6frep2f-1226353797289

Lol! Yes, but now we need another Island. The Lost Island would be perfect!

Anyway, I am off to bed. Happy Mother's day to everyone out there. Happy Mother's day to Allison. Hopefully the girls can be with Priscilla and Vanessa today.

10. BrizzychickinUSA

BrizzychickinUSA New Member

11. Solaris

Solaris Member

12. Ixnaye

Ixnaye New Member

Today's Sunday Mail Headline..Allison 'knew killer' police set for arrest.

POLICE believe the person who murdered Allison Baden-Clay was known to her, and are quietly confident they will make an arrest in the near future.

I hope that justice will be done for Allison and her family very soon. And I hope her killer is feeling the pressure!

13. Neuromancer

Neuromancer New Member

LOL yes

I get the feeling DS Ainsworth enjoys fishing...

and wants to drag his catch through Mother's Day first :)

14. Rational

Rational Former Member

How come the police are now saying that GBC has not given a statement to them when in his first near Oscar winning performance he stated whilst shaking his head that 'I have told the Police everything I know'? :what:

15. Ixnaye

Ixnaye New Member

The media reports have always said that he has at no point given an official statement to police. And you have to wonder why any innocent person would avoid giving a statement to police.

16. Rational

Rational Former Member

You are right, I was being sarcastic. On the one hand saying he has told them 'everything' publicly and despite having reported her missing, being at the police station several times still not have given a formal statement.

17. Ixnaye

Ixnaye New Member

Yes you really have to wonder why he hasn't done so, if he is innocent and has nothing to hide then why avoid giving a statement to police.

18. HN man

HN man Former Member

@Indogwetrust - late in the last thread you stated:- "If only to be pedantic Berry, he's an SC, not quite a QC, but you never know it may make a difference"

At the risk of being pedantic back at you, i think you will find an SC is the equivalent of a QC. In NSW they ceased the appointment of any new QC's in 1992 which were formally appointed by the Governor upon advice from the Attorney General.
    The NSW Bar Association subsequently established it's own equivalent rank of SC. I believe
    they did the same thing in QLD a couple of years later.

Refer below from QLD Bar Association website:-

In Queensland, Queen's Counsel were appointed by the Governor-in-Council upon advice from the Chief Justice of Queensland.* In 1994, the Bar Association established its own equivalent rank of Senior Counsel (SC) who are appointed by the Chief Justice after an exhaustive process of consultation with members of the profession and the judiciary.

I just detest such authorative misinformation, particularly when we have so few facts to work with.

19. SKMA

SKMA New Member

HN_man is quite correct. QC = SC. I think the Republican movement was to blame for the change ...

GBC has hired himself a 1st class brief (or his solicitor has).

20. SKMA

SKMA New Member

I think hiring legal eagles the way he has is standard practice amongst those with the funds to do so, particularly when you're going to be the first person the police will suspect. My cousin is a senior partner for probably the most prestigious law firm in Australia and he said to me never talk to the police except to give your name, address and date of birth and call him immediately (this was back in my protest days). SO GBC's actions in this regard seem reasonable to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.