GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use to think that too, not any more. LOL

Probably my case is my near miss of being kidnapped, and my dad's unanswered death by fire when I was young started me. I use to ponder for years and still do about my dad's case. (Closed 30 years ago) No records any more so I'll never get answers.

To me I want all questions answered

Beagle sorry about your dad. Thats very sad.

Lera, what a history, i would be interested to know about my dad if that happened too. And a kidnapping near miss - the mind balks at what could have happened!

Beagle sorry about your dad. Thats very sad.

Lera, what a history, i would be interested to know about my dad if that happened too. And a kidnapping near miss - the mind balks at what could have happened!

Yeah, a stranger abduction it would have been too, I was only 15 years old at the time. Thank goodness I had a good instinct gut telling me exactly when to take off. I think if I ran any sooner or later, I would have been a goner. The guy followed me in a car, staying bout 40 ft behind me, inching up as I walked. My instinct told me not to look back, keep walking and act like you are not aware. I get to the street before mine (rows of houses) I start to cross the street slowly walking still. As I entered the street I was able to turn my head a little too see the car and guy. Once I crossed the street, he started to move up closer, and that is when I took off darting in between houses. Hiding in bushes, he was going up and down two streets looking for me. Once I heard the car away, I took off and into my house. Nobody was home. I laid low, not even moving a curtain! I heard that car go up and down my street for 30 minutes. Mother came home that night, told her what happened and she laughed at me. She didn't believe me at all.

My town was very small, everyone knew everyone, and I knew just about ever car too. That car was not known, never saw it again. Lived close to US1 in florida. It was close to around Bundy, but I'm fuzzy on the date.

I remember reading a news report that stated that had been trying to phone the suspect but were unable to reach him for some time.

Yep i heard that the police were trying to contact a suspect but couldnt get in touch with who ever it was they were after.

I remember reading a news report that stated that had been trying to phone the suspect but were unable to reach him for some time.

That wasn't the accused they were talking about, it was a friend of the victims who was known to them from Wyhalla who had recently moved to the area in question

That was the person who had "recently moved from Whyalla".

"A search through rubbish at the Clare dump yesterday led residents of that town to question the whereabouts of a young man who had recently moved to the area from Whyalla, where the Rowe family once lived.

The man, acquaintances say, has not been seen nor answered his phone this week."
from http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...ds-triple-murder/story-e6frea83-1225952883721

The accused lived in Kapunda from the age of 12. He lived at home with his mother and siblings. He was interviewed by police as one of the first because he was an intimate friend of the family. He was at work every day except when he took a couple of hours to comfort CR's boyfriend and also when he visited the shrine.

Mrs G,
I think you'll like this one. All of these video's are playing??

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...-suspects-sought/story-e6frea8c-1225954136457

Great link thanks!

0:20 Some youths known to the family have voluntarily given DNA swabs and police may consider rolling the testing out further.... 0:20

http://video.adelaidenow.com.au/1644703963/DNA-may-be-key-to-Kapunda-murders?area=suggestedvideo2

So no suggestion that all the youths were tested in the first group and the accused may not have been one of the volunteers at all. :)

^ exactly what we have been looking for....also LOVING how the Murdoch press have put the news stories back up...I wonder if they wrote their own submission regarding the suppression order today and are feeling confident...I hope this is not wishful thinking on my part! I think there is a chance the suppression order will stay in place until Feb, but let's hope not. Does anyone remember how long Martin Bryant's name was withheld / suppressed? By my memory around a week or so....

I'm sure that one of the locals from here will be able to get us some news. Please if you have the chance would be great to have an "insider" there to report back.

Does anyone know what time the accused will be on at court today? I live 20 mins away and was thinking of going to court but only if i can get in this time! lol!

2:15!! ETA: I'll get you the details hang on....

COURT 1 at not before 2:15p.m. - Before MAGISTRATE HARRAP; (Video Conference)
POLICE
63 MCPAR-10-9663 D, J.A. (SUPPRESSED) (C)

Note: innitials of suppressed D, J.A. thanks patroler for finding this for us last night!

I hope that they release the suppression order and able to give a little more details, like what type of knife. I am hoping that the lifting will allow some people who saw something, or know something and have not come forward yet will, once they understand the police have the right person.

2:15!! ETA: I'll get you the details hang on....

COURT 1 at not before 2:15p.m. - Before MAGISTRATE HARRAP; (Video Conference)
POLICE
63 MCPAR-10-9663 D, J.A. (SUPPRESSED) (C)

Note: innitials of suppressed D, J.A. thanks patroler for finding this for us last night!

Thanks Mrs G! (I have an appointment at 3pm today but will do my best to try to get there!..fingers crossed!)

Thanks! Even if you miss it but drive past I think that would be interesting to see if a lot of people went along, but I sooooo hope you make it! X

It is just a video conference right? So I mean the suspect won't even be there.

No, not in person. God can you imagine the hoards if he was driven over in police van?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998