Found Alive Australia - Anthony ‘AJ’ Elfalak, 3, Putty (Hunter Region), NSW, 3 Sep 2021

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by drsleuth, Sep 4, 2021.

1. TootsieFootsie

TootsieFootsie Well-Known Member

Can't we just be happy that a little boy is back with his parents ?

2. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

Yes but they can all hide in this freakin’ bunker.

Warshawski and Strangeworld like this.
  3. Thebottomline

Thebottomline Well-Known Member

Stinking hot summer , we’ve just come out of winter

Warshawski and they'll get you like this.
  4. Trackergd

Trackergd Verified SAR Manager and Tracker - Retired

In some cases a LiDar equipped drone or aircraft can determine if there is a ground disturbance in a shape that would suggest a structure.

5. Trackergd

Trackergd Verified SAR Manager and Tracker - Retired

Well, given that additional information, then you may be correct. Happy that he is well and home.

6. mosae

mosae Former Member

He demolished that food when he was returned home the following morning after spending the night in hospital.

It had rained quite heavily the night before his rescue which would have taken the heat out of the landscape.

No one can tell when he received those ant bites and scratches it may have been a couple of hours before he was found. Surely his wounds would show signs of infection otherwise and that has not been mentioned.

Imo AJ was more engrossed in playing with the pond water than drinking it. He was also rubbing water over his face.

Real snake territory there as well

I too am a bushy.

Chloexx likes this.
  7. mosae

mosae Former Member

How interesting. I hope they have used that technology.

8. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

Actually, that is incorrect.

Mr Pyke said once AJ woke up he was starving and ate three slices of pizza and a banana.
    He will remain in hospital overnight for observation.
    Missing boy smiled when found in NSW bush

I think when a link is supplied, as per TOS when stating a fact, things become much clearer.

9. mosae

mosae Former Member

Yep they can sqirrel away their little acorns.

10. mosae

mosae Former Member

There is no way medicios would permit that. Having not eaten a meal (supposedly) for 4 days a child could not possibly eat that kind of junk. Food would need to be gradually introduced. IMO from experience.

bearbear, abr and Beagle like this.
  11. SouthAussie

Gerry Pyke is a NSW Ambulance paramedic. I don't think he has any reason to lie about what they allowed AJ to do.

After a needed sleep in the back of the ambulance, Mr Pyke said AJ had some well deserved food.
    "Once he woke up all he wanted to do was eat," he said. "He got stuck into about three slices of pizza and a banana."
    The moment three-year-old 'AJ' was found after three day search

12. Nifty

Nifty Well-Known Member

We still haven't heard anything regarding the Ute that was seized and that creepy hut, inside with children's toys, mattress, food wrappers, drugs and a doll hanging with a rope around its neck. Police said its still a crime scene. Seems very strange

bearbear, badgersmythe and Beagle like this.
  13. mosae

mosae Former Member

AJ was immediately taken to hospital after being reunited and the initial checkup is what I understand happened from my reading of numerous media articles.

Dont want to get into a flurry about this.

14. SouthAussie

I think you may be misunderstanding how long AJ was in the ambulance at the command centre, prior to him being taken to the hospital. I watched a long video (posted here) where AJ was in the stationary ambulance the whole time. With just a paramedic sitting in the doorway of the ambulance.

This is likely when AJ was sleeping in the ambulance. imo
    (I imagine his mum was in the ambulance with him, as she didn't appear to be with dad and the boys at that time.)
    Then he proceeded to eat the pizza and banana when he woke up. Likely because that was what was available at the command post.

AJ was not an emergency case that had to be rushed right to hospital. He went there to be checked over, and to be kept overnight for observation. He had already been assessed by NSW Ambulance, was being nourished by them, and was in their safe keeping until he was transported to the hospital.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  15. JackM

JackM New Member

Refeeding syndrome: what it is, and how to prevent and treat it

upload_2021-9-10_0-10-0.png

The article explains that refeeding syndrome can be fatal for people with little to no food intake for 5+ days (high risk at 10+ days). I wonder how those numbers change with a 3-year old?

Either way, you'd have diarrhea after eating a meal like that if you went 72 hours without food. If he did have diarrhea though, wouldn't they monitor him for a prolonged period of time at the hospital to make sure he didn't get dehydrated? As far as I know, there hasn't been any mention of him being on an intravenous drip.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    bearbear, Newsjunkiejen and SUNchips like this.
  16. MissMarpleAU

MissMarpleAU Well-Known Member

Rained heavily, yet he was found in a dry jumper save for the sleeves from drinking in the creek

17. MissMarpleAU

MissMarpleAU Well-Known Member

Perhaps the search team intentionally made the area look unattended at night so someone could return him? Just thinking aloud and JMO

bearbear, Warshawski and tesni like this.
  18. Strangeworld

Strangeworld Well-Known Member

Police probe whether missing NSW toddler AJ, 3, was kidnapped before being found in the bush | Daily Mail Online

NSW Superintendent Tracey Chapman said on Tuesday morning that having wombat holes and access to water helped increase his chances of survival.

When asked about the speculation surrounding the disappearance she said: 'We are certainly happy with where things are at the moment.

'We'll continue that investigation to be entirely comfortable but from our perspective it's simply a good- news story. We have a three-year- old boy who many people probably expected was not alive and he's been located and been returned to his family.'

19. SouthAussie

Not sure how this is relevant. Seeing that AJ was missing for 3 days. Had access to water (be it muddy water). Stayed in the hospital overnight for observation. Then was released.

I think that the hospital makes sure all bodily functions are working fine before they release most people.

20. mosae

mosae Former Member

I am sure search teams were in tent accommodation at property. IMO

bearbear likes this.