Found Alive Australia - Anthony ‘AJ’ Elfalak, 3, Putty (Hunter Region), NSW, 3 Sep 2021

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by drsleuth, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Nifty

Nifty Well-Known Member

on Monday, Ute was confiscated by the police From the Bulga property, 78 kilometers northeast of where AJ was last seen.

There was no further detail as to whether it was the same “suspicious” vehicle that Hashem saw.

The abandoned hut, about a kilometer away from AJ’s house, was also declared a vigorous crime scene.

Goods were reportedly confiscated from a littered house. Channel 9..

The gas station CCTV was also confiscated by police from Coro Heights, about 40 minutes from the putty site.

bearbear, Flurries and alj65 like this.

2. drsleuth

drsleuth Well-Known Member

I've still not seen any links that say detectives from the WT case were at the property.

Is there any photos of these detectives???

crussell821, bearbear, JLZ and 5 others like this.
  3. Trackergd

Trackergd Verified SAR Manager and Tracker - Retired

If this amount of LE activity is true and is part of this case, it speaks to more than a child wandering off and getting lost. I see both arguments, just getting lost and abducted and placed at the spot located later. Stranger abductions are rare statistically. Curious to see what the LE activity is all about.

bearbear, katydid23 and Estelle like this.
  4. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

There is/was LE activity based around a derelict house they searched - about 1km away - that they think a squatter may have lived in. (News reports at first said illicit drugs and childrens toys were found there, but I see that has been removed from articles now.)

They likely wouldn't have come across the derelict house if AJ hadn't got lost. imo

I suspect the two events are unrelated. The kerfuffle started because AJ's mum kept saying 'he was taken, he wouldn't wander off' ... in her understandable desperation.

Footage also emerged on Sunday of search crews exploring an abandoned house, which Nine News reported was about one kilometre south of the Elfalak’s family farm at Putty.
    The video appears to show some furnishings in the shack, which was derelict and strewn with rubbish.
    The house was cordoned off with police tape on Sunday.
    Anthony Elfalak search: NSW Police seize white ute from Hunter Valley property

A number of items have also been seized from an abandoned house 1km south of the farm.
    Investigations are now underway into whether somebody may have been squatting at the property, which is an active crime scene.
    White ute among items seized in search for missing NSW toddler

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    LoveyG, bearbear, alj65 and 4 others like this.
  5. Chloexx

Chloexx Well-Known Member

The family is Orthodox Christian. They have godparents and baptisms as well. They are similar to Catholics.

JLZ, alj65, Denniece and 2 others like this.
  6. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

Yes, many autistic children are very attuned to their senses and their bodies. They seek out ways to protect themselves from unwanted sounds or sensory overload. And they often seek out things they do love---like water or pleasant sounds.

My friend's grandson, who is only 5, will seek out small dark private places because he likes to sit there and feel comfortable. He does love to watch TV and loves to throw the ball for the dogs too. But when given the opportunity, he will crawl behind the sofa or under the coffee table and relax.

I think AJ would be able to duck under a overhanging rock or a large tree to stay warm and dry. JMO

7. OwlHeart

OwlHeart Well-Known Member

Ok, so after having a good think about this, I’m now accepting that this beautiful little boy wandered off, maybe to find some peace and/or escape the weird anti-vaxxer godfather, or maybe simply because kids like to wander off on their own little adventures.

I can picture the little darling seeing a search & rescue volunteer walking past him going up the hill and unable to call out, thinking, “no, don’t go up the hill, I’m here!”
    I guess he heard the chopper coming back to refuel and so made his move?

I think this child is extraordinary in a good way. His parents and godfather seem to be a bit odd and it appears that the godfather took advantage of a situation that had a simple explanation, to further his own objectives.

I’m glad so many people tuned into the weirdness of the family but hopefully many have learnt to not be so hasty in making assumptions - I know I have!

Peace everyone:)

8. Nifty

Nifty Well-Known Member

LoveyG and bearbear like this.
  9. Nifty

Nifty Well-Known Member

Interesting after Police confiscated a white ute and took away items from this shack and strangely a few hours later Police said they had received new information with William Tyrell. Who knows ? It could be something linked or not, maybe his spiderman suit was found there. But Police would not be securing a place if there wasn't more to it, something inside has alerted Police, Some of the investigators involved in the search for William joined in the hunt for AJ. MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH: Twist ‘shines totally new complexion’ on William Tyrrell case

bearbear and Newsjunkiejen like this.
  10. SouthAussie

That is not correct ... I think people may be misunderstanding.

(paraphrased)
    Some of the same officers who were involved in searching for William Tyrrell joined the searchers and AJ’s family combing the property
    The Homicide Squad was not called in to help with AJ's disappearance
    Police are treating AJ's disappearance as a misadventure
    The Homicide Squad were notified of AJ's disappearance as this is protocol in all missing persons cases
    No Cookies | The Courier Mail

It is not surprising that some of the same officers helped to search in both cases, as both cases required similar search skills.
    The Homicide Squad were/are the detectives (investigators) involved with William's case. They were not called in to help with this case. They were not there.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
    Bohemian, JLZ, alj65 and 6 others like this.
  11. Nifty

Nifty Well-Known Member

There was no mention of the Homicide Squad. It was mention that Some of the investigators involved in the search for William joined in the hunt for AJ.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  12. SouthAussie

I have paraphrased what is stated in the linked article ... accurately.

If I could copy and paste it I would. But that is not allowed here for paywalled articles.

If there is a link that says something different, feel free to put it here ... members have asked for the link previously.

13. Nifty

Nifty Well-Known Member

Repeat. Some of the investigators involved in the search for William joined in the hunt for AJ.
    Bombshell development in Tyrrell case

alj65 likes this.
  14. drsleuth

drsleuth Well-Known Member

I wonder if they mean this guy

Astounding theory on why AJ disappeared

Jake Cassar, a 45-year-old survival expert from the NSW Central Coast who was also part of the 2014 search for missing child William Tyrrell, offers an extraordinary account of the 72 hours it took to track down AJ.

snip

The bush tracker’s drive to find the young boy may have been motivated by the pain of having to walk away from the 2014 search for William after the three-year-old boy disappeared from his foster grandmother’s house at Kendall seven years ago.

snip

“There’s no doubt he'd spent the entire time in the bush,” he said. “He had scratches that were three days old, scratches that looked two days old.

“I’ve spent a lot of time in the bush, often for weeks on end, and I know what someone looks like when they’ve been in the bush for a long time.”

Mr Chalmers also said AJ was “shivering like he had been cold for a very long time”.

15. mosae

mosae Former Member

alj65 likes this.
  16. mosae

mosae Former Member

Part of the shivering may have been due to AJs reaction to all the strangers given his pre existing medical conditions as described by his family members.

17. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

[​IMG]

A cave bush expert Jake Cassar believes Anthony 'AJ' Elfalak may have slept in during his 72 hours missing. Picture: supplied Jake Cassar

But the professional bush tracker who answered the siren call to join AJ’s search party has another theory: AJ survived those three days in the bush without food, and in freezing cold rain, by hiding in either a wombat hole or a cave close to where emergency services discovered him on Monday – shivering, cold and drinking muddy creek water.

18. they'll get you

Another member of the search party who also remained hopeful was Greg ‘Bluey’ Chalmers, the SES volunteer who first sighted AJ in the creek on Monday morning.

“I went to Putty with the expectation he would be found,” Chalmers, 57 said.

“Through the search I always remained positive. I‘ve done 10 years of road crashes with SES. I always tell colleagues, ‘This is a rescue, not a recovery.’ You have to be open to every possibility.”

19. mosae

mosae Former Member

I would imagine this theory will be subjected to a forensic examination of every millimetre of that 'cave' bunker.

bluenoser likes this.
  20. they'll get you

Cassar said “The property was littered with caves, including this particular one that looks like someone has been staying in it,” he said.

“It's hard to tell, because it’s really soft sand. But it looked like the sand had been dragged out, and you can see what looked like knee marks and maybe some fabric marks in the sand, too.”

Then, a stronger clue.

“I saw one of his tracks near the mouth of a wombat hole in the area (where AJ was eventually found),” Cassar said. “It was a small track, but it’s highly likely it was his, in my opinion.”