Australia - Baby Burial Site Sought, Gin Gin, QLD, 2014

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by Seabreeze1, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Seabreeze1

Seabreeze1 Member

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-being-infant-burial-site-20140317-34xbe.html

Police are digging up a property in the Bundaberg region, which may be the burial site for several concealed child births from the late 1990s and early 2000s.
    Homicide and child trauma taskforce investigators have declared the Gin Gin property a crime scene as they excavate a small area of the site and conduct scientific examinations.
    By 2.30pm on Monday, cold case homicide Detective Inspector Mick Dowie said no remains had been found but police would continue searching for up to three days.
    Police analyse an area of a Gin Gin property.
    Police analyse an area of a Gin Gin property. Photo: Queensland Police
    He said the former occupants of the rural property were being investigated, and the people currently living there were not persons of interest.
    Advertisement
    The inspector declined to comment on how many bodies may be buried at the site and their identities, whether the former occupants were cooperating with police, or how investigators were tipped off.
    "We're investigating information in relation to the concealment of a number of births. There may be evidence there of human remains, and that's the purpose of the excavation," he told Fairfax Media.
    He said police had been looking into the information for "quite some time now".
    "We know who we're investigating. We know the family concerned," he said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...burial-site-20140317-34xbe.html#ixzz2wCbhI9UJ

2. Loading...

3. Humdinger

Humdinger New Member

Thanks Breezy for the thread. I just read about this tonight, I really shudder at the possibilities...

4. MsAnais

MsAnais Verified Clinical Psychologist (AU)

How awful this sounds :facepalm: And how awful for the towns people - it's only a small place. Imagine finding out something like this had happened......:scared:

5. MsAnais

MsAnais Verified Clinical Psychologist (AU)

I wonder who the person was who tipped them off and started this search? I'm wondering if it was a family member?

6. Seabreeze1

Seabreeze1 Member