Australia - Baby Burial Site Sought, Gin Gin, QLD, 2014

Seabreeze1

Reaction score
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-being-infant-burial-site-20140317-34xbe.html

Police are digging up a property in the Bundaberg region, which may be the burial site for several concealed child births from the late 1990s and early 2000s.
Homicide and child trauma taskforce investigators have declared the Gin Gin property a crime scene as they excavate a small area of the site and conduct scientific examinations.
By 2.30pm on Monday, cold case homicide Detective Inspector Mick Dowie said no remains had been found but police would continue searching for up to three days.
Police analyse an area of a Gin Gin property.
Police analyse an area of a Gin Gin property. Photo: Queensland Police
He said the former occupants of the rural property were being investigated, and the people currently living there were not persons of interest.
Advertisement
The inspector declined to comment on how many bodies may be buried at the site and their identities, whether the former occupants were cooperating with police, or how investigators were tipped off.
"We're investigating information in relation to the concealment of a number of births. There may be evidence there of human remains, and that's the purpose of the excavation," he told Fairfax Media.
He said police had been looking into the information for "quite some time now".
"We know who we're investigating. We know the family concerned," he said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...burial-site-20140317-34xbe.html#ixzz2wCbhI9UJ

Thanks Breezy for the thread. I just read about this tonight, I really shudder at the possibilities...

POLICE are preparing to exhume multiple babies from secret graves hidden for more than a decade on a rural property near Bundaberg.

Forensic officers and cold case detectives swarmed the property on the outskirts of Gin Gin yesterday after a tip that the births of babies had been concealed in the late 1990s and early 2000s........

Cold Case Homicide Unit Detective Inspector Mick Dowie said the same family had lived on the property during the period of the deaths but had since moved away.

Det Insp Dowie said a single family was involved in the incident but he would not identify them or the property.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...n-near-bundaberg/story-fnihsrf2-1226857510262

How awful this sounds :facepalm: And how awful for the towns people - it's only a small place. Imagine finding out something like this had happened......:scared:

Foreign items but no bones have been seized from a rural Queensland property in the search for the bodies of babies believed buried there more than a decade ago.

Police are focusing on one family who used to live on the bush-covered land near Gin Gin, southwest of Bundaberg.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/03/18/07/31/qld-police-continue-digging-for-babies

I wonder who the person was who tipped them off and started this search? I'm wondering if it was a family member?

I wonder who the person was who tipped them off and started this search? I'm wondering if it was a family member?
Okay. I know this is 8 years after the fact...... but I I shed some light on this whole thing.

The tip off was made by a family member. A family member who had been disowned by the family because of other actions and things she'd said to harm people. She wanted to take revenge.

The mother in question had indeed had many miscarriages and lots of trouble carrying to term. She had never concealed the birth of a baby that was far enough along that it needed a birth and death certificate and proper burial.

I was in year 12 when this all happened. I remember hearing in my English class people talk about this horrible search for dead babies and how much of a monster this person must be........ and then I went home and my mother told me "you can't disclose any information to anyone because it's an active investigation, but your Aunt has been accused of this"

Going to school for MONTHS, having to listen to these people in my classes discuss the case like they had any idea what was happening made me sick. The fact that police did the right thing and kept most of the information private was good. What was traumatic to me, and to our whole family was the way the media portrayed this as if my aunt had been some terrible murderer or something.

Could you imagine, spending decades trying to have children, most times failing to carry to term, doing everything right and being so traumatised by all of those miscarriages. You have a few children successfully, and move on with your life with the family you fought tooth and nail to create. And years later you're accused of concealing births? Imagine the amount of emotional stress this put on my Aunt.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suvendudash
Back