Found Alive Australia - CC, 3, Bundaberg QLD, 10 April 2014 - #3

inkpink

Reaction score
http://www.news.com.au/national/que...s-near-bundaberg/story-fnii5v6w-1226879595138

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-search-for-missing-child-20140411-36gno.html

Police are currently searching near the Childers Showgrounds after CC went missing from the house on Ridgway St about 7am Thursday.
Crime scene tape has been place around a home and police say they fear the little girl may be at risk. An abduction alert has been issued.
It is understood C’s parents put her to bed last night before going to sleep about 1am.
When they woke in the morning, she was gone.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...s-near-bundaberg/story-fnii5v6w-1226879595138

Thread #1

Thread #2

Just heard on the news CC has been handed into the police station alive and well.

Waiting to find it on msm to provide a link. No info on who handed her in.

Ok folks listen up. Important info!!

Because there's been an arrest & charges laid, the case is now into sub-judice period.

WS complies with Australian court rulings & we do not want to interfere with any ongoing police investigation.

Therefore photos of the accused cannot be posted.

If the accused has criminal history that isn't allowed to be posted or discussed.

No attributing other crimes to the accused unless/until there is an official source to back it up.

Lastly, please remember to use initials only for the child victim.

Rules Etiquette & Information

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Marly, no offense at all , as I don't know how things go in Aus. But if CC's photo is still at the top of the thread, but we cannot see photos of the PERP, I am definitely confused. Why is her image not protected but the perps is ? :( tia

Marly, no offense at all , as I don't know how things go in Aus. But if CC's photo is still at the top of the thread, but we cannot see photos of the PERP, I am definitely confused. Why is her image not protected but the perps is ? :( tia

Welcome to Australia Schmae, where perps always have more protection than victims, MOO.

Photos are gone now SCHMAE....lots of editing happening ;)

Welcome to Australia Schmae, where perps always have more protection than victims, MOO.

It is the same in my country.

What I noticed this morning that CC's face and later her mum's and another family friend were pixelled in a video but then the next video showed the same stuff but without the pixelled faces. To me that makes her feel like a criminal and I find it a bit daft because her photo's were all over the news.

What they also always do is name the victim but not the criminals. They have only their initials shown in papers here.
Sorry my English stinks at the moment. I am tired and my brain is not working as it should. :crazy:

Maybe the sooner they "paint and sell" the better.

Yes they should but they will also bring themselves. So Perhaps it would be good to have dad go to a rehab (not sure about mum) and really change the life of this family once they have moved.

Just moving will not change much imo.

114385-cb4e5012-c51a-11e3-a7bc-6def7a4af136.jpg

Detective inspector Bruce McNab said police would continue the investigation as they could not rule out the involvement of others.

They are even swabbing the window of his house. :waitasec:

I see MSM are concealing his face now ... a bit.

And he has a lawyer now.

Kane is expected to formally apply for bail today, represented by the duty lawyer Thomas Bray.
However police have indicated they will oppose bail for reasons including the possibility Kane could attempt suicide.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...ders-court-hears/story-fnii5v6w-1226887118582

Photos are gone now SCHMAE....lots of editing happening ;)

Thank you . I meant nothing harsh, just trying to figure out the AUS protocol for such. This is a bit strange trying to grasp from the US. Because here , as most of you know, Perps are not protected from media unless they are minors.

Not only that, but her name has been plastered all over the media around the WORLD and now we have to use initials? :waitasec:
I understand the law, but tbh, it doesn't make sense-at all.

Thanks Marly for this from previous thread:

April 17, 2014 12:00AM

A search of his house at Rainbows Rd, in the rural South Isis district, uncovered “items linked to (the girl)” as well as evidence of a fire in which a camera and hard drive had been burnt"
http://www.news.com.au/national/quee...-1226887118582

BBM - oh dear! I really truly do not want to think about this.

Not only that, but her name has been plastered all over the media around the WORLD and now we have to use initials? :waitasec:
I understand the law, but tbh, it doesn't make sense-at all.

I suppose the thinking is protecting angel girl from media isn't going to happen. It's too late. Her picture and name HAD to be plastered all over everything so she could be found... but they can at least try.

As for protecting.... That man.... I would imagine the laws are in place for cases such as this where things a very high emotion and people want answer's and justice. If he had not confessed and an innocent man had been arrested think of the danger that innocent man would be in.

I'm not sure if I agree with it or not, but I think I understand the reasoning.

Thank you . I meant nothing harsh, just trying to figure out the AUS protocol for such. This is a bit strange trying to grasp from the US. Because here , as most of you know, Perps are not protected from media unless they are minors.

The reason for the sub judice and the information suppression is not to protect the perp or the victim - it's to give the perp a chance at a fair trial. If the perp doesn't have a fair trial, and there's already stuff out about them to enable others to form a prejudice about them, who then may end up on a jury and then the defense can argue for a mistrial as it won't be a fair trial - so to circumvent this while cases are a matter of the court they suppress the perp - in the best hopes that justice will be done. It's not for protection per se, it's for the best possible outcome of justice for the victim - the victim's info is mainly suppressed in order for the perp not to be identified.

Sunrise: police were interviewing Kane about the break and enter at the tennis club when they noticed a match in fingerprints by coincidence. He then admitted taking her.

Once again, this is NOT adding up. Why would they then send for 30 more detectives?

I will never understand the protecting the perp stuff! Yesterday in the next suburb over from me a woman was fatally stabbed in front of her fifteen year old son on a busy shopping street. It was her de facto that she had a restraining order against. He is in the run and all they give is a description!! No name, no pic! It infuriates me!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So was this car full of passengers aware that EK took Chloe?

<modsnip>

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national...tried-to-leave-town?mch=mobilenh&mchpost=pos1

The man accused of abducting a three-year-old girl from a home in Childers, central Queensland, was trying to flee to NSW when he was arrested by police, they claim.

Kane, from the neighbouring suburb of South Isis, told police he took the girl because he "felt sorry for the conditions she was living in", the court heard yesterday.

The mother rebuffed this claim yesterday, telling reporters: 'There's nothing wrong with the way I live and my household. It's clean, it's tidy, there's always food in the fridge."

Kane's fingerprints were found on a car outside the girl's home and items belonging to her were recovered at his house. There was also evidence of a fire in which a camera and hard drive had been burnt.

Kane was arrested at a nearby tennis club by police responding to a break-in in the early hours of Tuesday.

Police said he was driving a car full of his own passengers at the time of his arrest and allegedly told them he had to "get out Childers because of all the heat" surrounding the girl's abduction.

He also allegedly admitted he was preparing to go to Ballina, a coastal town in NSW just over the border with Queensland.

the fact he was burning a camera and a hard drive speaks volumes to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back