Australia Australia - Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, WA *Sentencing* - #24

Just read the Unmasking a murderer article and I feel physically sick.

when detectives later that day asked him for a DNA sample.

His face became intense as he stared blankly at the table top in front of him, pressing his palms heavily against his temples.

"DNA doesn't lie," one of the detectives told him.
The sample, Edwards knew, would seal his fate and reveal the evil secret life he had kept hidden for 30 years.
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...a-seemingly-ordinary-man-20200921-p55xs7.html

I can't imagine how the families of the victims must feel right now, especially the Spiers although they were likely anticipating such a verdict.

Interesting how Edwards still seems steadfast in denial, as if he feels that maintaining the 'innocent man' guise may help him play the appeal card down the line.

Regarding Sarah - Not to hold our collective breaths, but there's always the chance he could decide to speak eventually upon further parsing and accepting his fate.

I can't imagine how the families of the victims must feel right now, especially the Spiers although they were likely anticipating such a verdict.

Interesting how Edwards still seems steadfast in denial, as if he feels that maintaining the 'innocent man' guise may help him play the appeal card down the line.

Regarding Sarah - Not to hold our collective breaths, but there's always the chance he could decide to speak eventually upon further parsing and accepting his fate.

BBM

I would really hope so...This is not over until Sarah is found. Just be done with it and say where She is :(

Then I read these words...words we all needed to hear.....

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cl...rds-is-acquitted-of-her-murder-ng-b881675919z

BBM

I would really hope so...This is not over until Sarah is found. Just be done with it and say where She is :(

Then I read these words...words we all needed to hear.....

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cl...rds-is-acquitted-of-her-murder-ng-b881675919z
Its very likely that Sarah was his first victim and as a result he may have gone above and beyond in hiding her body compared to his other victims. I hope too one day she is found and that her family can have some closure.

Sentencing date -December 23.
A Chrissy Present.:D

He has ordered a psychiatric report.

"I can't force him to participate,"
he said, in relation to the report.
Victim impact statements which will be read at the sentencing.
Funnily enough i wrote this poem last night, a twist on the famous Night Before Christmas poem and put it up on another site. It was taken down as not allowed before judgement, but now that you speak of Christmas present, seems appropriate to load it here? Spooky hey as i had no idea sentencing would take place near Christmas, or even that he'd be found guilty!!?

Ode To The Odious
Tis the night before verdict,
And all through the cells
Not a prisoner is stirring,
Where Bradley now dwells.

It's so lovely and quiet,
As Bradley does sleep,
Whilst demons from hell,
Their silent watch keep.

Oh dream on Bradley,
Because when you wake,
A sentence awaits,
For those dear women's sake!

RIP Sarah, Jane and Ciara

Its very likely that Sarah was his first victim and as a result he may have gone above and beyond in hiding her body compared to his other victims. I hope too one day she is found and that her family can have some closure.

Ok First up I would challenge anyone to read my earlier WS posts pre and post arrest where i said the WAPOL investigation of the CSK would be shown to be the biggest stuff up since Mons. I was 100 per cent accurate. Now in the post conviction euphoria you are touching on an important subject . Namely what did this bloke get up to in the preceding years before Rimmer and Glennon may they RIP. The Police MUST look at the Julie Cutler Mystery again.

Edwards exits the dock

Edwards has left the dock. A woman holding the hand of his mother has smile and waved as he left.

The courtroom is now filtering out.

It is time for the Edwards family to break their silence and assist police. Telstra must explain how Edwards kept his job a after the Hollywood Hospital assault on a staff member and why his name was not on the list of possible drivers of company vehicles given to investigators.

Hard to believe he just stopped murdering IMO

When did he start.?
When did he finish?
Is he MM in the JR security footage.?
Is he a suspect in the murder of Gerard Ross.?
The FBI profilers described the CSKof 1996 words to effect " a killing machine at the peak of his powers " and that he may prove to be one of Australia's worst ever Killers when caught. They have been eerily accurate with other aspects of their profile. WAPOL need to come clean with the public about what other crimes Edwards is suspected of.

West Australian police will again interview convicted Claremont killer Bradley Robert Edwards as they continue to investigate the slaying of Sarah Spiers.
Police Commissioner Chris Dawson, who embraced Ms Spiers' parents Don and Carol after the hearing concluded, has vowed the search for her body will continue.

"We want to find Sarah and we will never give up," Mr Dawson said.

"We will want to speak with Bradley further and we will

He declined to comment on whether Edwards could potentially again be charged with Ms Spiers' murder if new and compelling evidence came to light, or whether he was considered a suspect in any other unsolved murders.

Mr Dawson said the disappearance and death of Ms Spiers would remain a current investigation for homicide detectives.

But Mr Dawson revealed the "curious fact" that Edwards was not among the thousands of suspects nominated by members of the public.

WA police to re-interview Claremont killer

Today Ciara's father Denis Glennon said his daughter "fought to save her life" and in doing so left us "vital DNA clues".

Mr Glennon also revealed the family was never allowed to view Ms Glennon's body due to the extent of her injuries.
"Not known by many people, but we were not permitted to view Ciara's body. Her wounds and injuries were too gruesome," Mr Glennon said.
Mr Glennon, on behalf of the family, said their thoughts were with Ms Spiers's family.

"Especially they deserve to know where Sarah is," he said
'She fought to save her life': Father speaks after historic Claremont killings verdict

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back