Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a fairly recent pic, found in response to a query looking at main structure ie. staircase and exit doors at the rear which wouldn't likely have changed in a cosmetic reno.
thanks for digging up a pic - but the interior has been remodelled and the bar actually moved positions. what year was this pic taken?

Looks like we went and did the same thing Jubillee. :)

This was in SA:

“BOBRIDGE, Susan 10/1/97
Her body was found on a walking trail in the dunes at Tennyson. She had been shot in the head and back. Susan was last seen the previous evening, getting into a white car on Port Rd, West Hindmarsh. Reward $200,000

Different MO, but the detail about getting in to a white car is interesting.

And here’s another:

TURNER, Heather 31/1/98
After leaving her home at Gulf Court, Largs Bay, Heather’s body was discovered partly submerged in a creek at Port Gawler. She died as the result of a violent assault. Reward $1 million

...He also mentioned they have been able to put a direct link between the accused and the hotel on the night one of the women went missing using video surveillance but this was not the mystery man video that has been so heavily discussed which begs me to ask, are there other surveillance videos floating around that I have been unable to locate?...

Snipped. Thanks for the info. There is other CCTV footage. Under 3 minutes of video has ever been released to the public.

Papertrail posted this article early on.

24d513d601d464fe0ac9549e38c09d23.png

finally a bit of fat to chew on, was this the video footage the captured all the cars driving by or footage from the actual hotel? there are 2 versions of the same mm footage and afai this is the only footage released to the public anyway
Correct only the MM footage released to the public . But other cctv footage could have captured bra . There plenty chance of other cctv from the vicinity aswell as the conti video , & secret cameras

Different MO but child predator Mr Cruel returned all his victims until Karmein Chan. I don't think anybody expected she would be executed gangster style by gun. I think they can change with the circumstances. BRE could even have changed deliberately so crimes wouldn't be attributed to CSK and police would keep focus on the other suspects thinking they had their man as there were no more the same.

This was in SA:

“BOBRIDGE, Susan 10/1/97
Her body was found on a walking trail in the dunes at Tennyson. She had been shot in the head and back. Susan was last seen the previous evening, getting into a white car on Port Rd, West Hindmarsh. Reward $200,000

And here’s another:

TURNER, Heather 31/1/98
After leaving her home at Gulf Court, Largs Bay, Heather’s body was discovered partly submerged in a creek at Port Gawler. She died as the result of a violent assault. Reward $1 million

Christine Somogyi seems to be the only missing woman in the NT around that time..She was last seen at Congress medical clinic which is a health service for Aborigines .

This was in SA:

“BOBRIDGE, Susan 10/1/97

And here’s another:

TURNER, Heather 31/1/98

Assuming the timeframe of 1998-1999 is correct, HT looks very possible.

https://crimestopperssa.com.au/cold-case-homicides/

just on another note, it struck me as rather concerning how many unsolved homicides there are in SA.

I know how TOR works, just not really how DPI(deep packet inspection) works.

I've used TOR many times...

https://torguard.net/blog/deep-packet-inspection-tech-is-spreading-fast/

If he was savvy enough he would use a VPN with TOR, then again we're speculating on something that really can't be proven unless encryption is broken.

It encrypts and decrypts the packets at each end, so between that "space" it would be pointless to intercept the packet. But at the user end the packet is decrypted so I presume there would be a way to get that packet at the user end if security techs had access to the computer. There would be a way. I'm not that clever or a security expert but I have seen people who are in action and it was scary what they could do.

Probably wearing glasses to help hide his face from cameras.. It somewhat bemuses me when they go out of their way to disguise themselves when arrested or going into court.. Its not like the media hasn't found a picture and printed it within 30 seconds of the event
<p>
Tis called; shame, humiliation, avoiding eye contact.

Asking all WS'ers: what was your very first reaction to the man in the photo (BRE) who is the alleged CSK?

I don't mean your intellectual reaction eg: they got it the so-and-so.
I don't mean you secondary emotional reaction when, like possibly disgust or anger, when you realised maybe the police had their man.

I mean your very first emotional or gut reaction.........

For me, my initial intellectual thought was '"that can't be him!" while my initial emotional reaction to the man in the photo was sympathy and confusingly, a sense of likability.

And no, I'm no lover of serial killers!!!! I'm not crazy either!

I'm asking because maybe each of the victims had the same emotional/gut reaction to BRE/alleged CSK, if he is in fact the CSK???
Maybe BRE expertly hides his dark side while successfully portraying a nice, friendly, average type guy who gives off no scary vibes???
Maybe thats why 3 intelligent women possibly willingly got into the car with a stranger, or at least loitered long enough chatting with him that he could pull them into his car.

Either BRE is not the CSK or he is brilliant at disguising his dark side!!!!

This was in SA:

“BOBRIDGE, Susan 10/1/97

And here’s another:

TURNER, Heather 31/1/98

A good collation of news about HT here>

http://rememberheather.yolasite.com/news-clippings.php

I probs wouldnt be able to help myself but lift the lid of the skip up just once, if I lived close enough. When I get over to WA in a couple of months though there is a place I want to check out. Just a hunch really of where Sarah might be. I really do hope they find her.

I didn't see anyone else ask this yet, but would you like to divulge the location you are interested in checking out ShellyGale?

Regarding the speculation that SS may be close to home for BRE as per 1996, anything is possible but I'm not so sure. If the MO was the same as with JR and CG (i.e. dumped in bushes very close to isolated, low-traffic roads), then it's almost guaranteed that SS would have been found by now. Bushland close to residential developments is far more likely to be frequented (for one thing) by explorative kids in the neighbourhood, making 'hideouts' using branches and that kind of thing.

If it's the same BRE who was playing indoor cricket at Canning Vale back in the mid 90's, I wonder how familiar he was with the area between that and his line of work? Just past the industrial zone, Canning Vale was still largely bushland, hobby farms and nurseries back then. Jandakot however still retains a lot of undeveloped land over the water mound, and in semi-rural areas such as the kennel zones.

On the other hand, if SS was dumped in a similarly isolated location as with JR / CG, she would be within meters of a road, whether semi-rural or in one of the nearby national parks. How likely is it that an unburied body, covered by foliage could remain undiscovered so close to a road for two decades and counting? Could natural processes such as growing foliage, moving topsoil and animal activity have long since ruined any chance of stumbling across any bones or clothing fragments after all this time?

Asking all WS'ers: what was your very first reaction to the man in the photo (BRE) who is the alleged CSK?

I don't mean your intellectual reaction eg: they got it the so-and-so.
I don't mean you secondary emotional reaction when, like possibly disgust or anger, when you realised maybe the police had their man.

I mean your very first emotional or gut reaction.........

For me, my initial intellectual thought was '"that can't be him!" while my initial emotional reaction to the man in the photo was sympathy and confusingly, a sense of likability.

And no, I'm no lover of serial killers!!!! I'm not crazy either!

I'm asking because maybe each of the victims had the same emotional/gut reaction to BRE/alleged CSK, if he is in fact the CSK???
Maybe BRE expertly hides his dark side while successfully portraying a nice, friendly, average type guy who gives off no scary vibes???
Maybe thats why 3 intelligent women possibly willingly got into the car with a stranger, or at least loitered long enough chatting with him that he could pull them into his car.

Either BRE is not the CSK or he is brilliant at disguising his dark side!!!!

For me, the initial reaction was, 'creepy, middle-aged man'...The obviously dyed black hair is too dark and unflattering for his age and hints of a man desperately trying to hang onto his youth (perhaps his thick mop of dark hair earned him compliments as a young man and he thinks he's still 'got it' with the young ladies?)

Just my opinion.

Assuming the timeframe of 1998-1999 is correct, HT looks very possible.

https://crimestopperssa.com.au/cold-case-homicides/

just on another note, it struck me as rather concerning how many unsolved homicides there are in SA.

I agree with the likelihood of Heather Turner, and should there be any doubt about timeline correctness, a few months later, May 2000, the SA case of murdered mother Rosemary Brown and her daughter, missing person Melissa Trussell.
Some similarity in the separate matters of Heather and Rosemary, and eerily coincidental perhaps, but Rosemary's handbag was found on STIRLING Street at Northfield.

https://crimestopperssa.com.au/case/melissa-brown/

[emoji887]

Different MO but child predator Mr Cruel returned all his victims until Karmein Chan. I don't think anybody expected she would be executed gangster style by gun. I think they can change with the circumstances. BRE could even have changed deliberately so crimes wouldn't be attributed to CSK and police would keep focus on the other suspects thinking they had their man as there were no more the same.
Mr Cruel, interestingly enough....also involved "phones" somewhat...ages were younger but as they progressed, went up to 13 in 1991. Not far from 17 for KK? [emoji54]

Maybe things got too hot for him when he was hitting huntingdale. Appeared on cops books. Maybe the girl recognised him (living in same area).

I haven't read every single thread - and find things very hard to follow round here.
I believe that he would have performed a number of sexual attacks in the Huntingdale area around that time (in a 2 - 3 year window). Has anyone in here 'unearthed' any other sex attacks around this area in this era? <p>
If so - can you point me to the link/thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado