Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with you MoJoe, see nothing outwardly apparent whatsoever to suggest BRE was a drug taker of any kind & to be honest, I dont give a crap what he choose to take or not take behind closed doors anyway. I dont think a high functioning coke freak is giving his summer weekends away for years to little athletics while still holding a full time job taking up every other day though, but maybe he did. Neither he nor anyone else who would know is stepping forward to tell us anytime soon, and if they did, it'd provide nothing more than further speculation about what behaviour might be or might not be attributed to it, yet not answering any questions or providing any clarity at all.

I also think any speculation about his house is irrelevant too. I know plenty of people who can afford to exhibit a much more luxurious style of life to the outside world but appear modest because they dont need anymore nor care to splurge their money on showing the world how much they can afford to buy. Perhaps knowing they own the roof over their head & dont have to pay a mortgage to a bank was far more important to them than how they appear to people who dont know them & whatever inferences they care to draw about then, whether accurate or not at all. I know couples who've retired at 50 instead of 65 with this attitude & have more money than their whole street put together, but you'd never know it. Others I know have the best of everything complete with flashy homes and a fleet of toys in the garage, but dont own any of it in reality & it will probably have broken down long before they'd ever be able to call it theirs. Plenty of people dont have a green thumb or cant find time for a garden either. None of that makes them anymore a gambler or a drug taker than it makes any one of us though.
In regard to the mental health issues: As someone who has had plenty on both sides of my family, thankfully all manageable & no where near as destructive as Ive witnessed in other families, I wouldnt dare to speculate on what others may be suffering especially when it isnt a glaringly obvious affliction, if at all. Its just unnecessary speculation thats akin to unfounded gossip & makes no difference at all IMO. Until such time that concrete evidence may be revealed to warrant the discussion being revisited based on fact, I find that irrelevant too.
This is all JMO, its not personal & its not directed at nor in response to anyone at all.

IC, the 700 punters that were shown the JR video before being released to the public. I think its entirely possible some later versions of the events surrounding SS in South Perth may have been skewed by details known to be contained in that footage.

PD,

Regarding the "Power spewing" I hadn't thought of that as a source of DNA - good thinking.

Agree with you MoJoe, see nothing outwardly apparent whatsoever to suggest BRE was a drug taker of any kind & to be honest, I dont give a crap what he choose to take or not take behind closed doors anyway. I dont think a high functioning coke freak is giving his summer weekends away for years to little athletics while still holding a full time job taking up every other day though, but maybe he did. Neither he nor anyone else who would know is stepping forward to tell us anytime soon, and if they did, it'd provide nothing more than further speculation about what behaviour might be or might not be attributed to it, yet not answering any questions or providing any clarity at all.

I also think any speculation about his house is irrelevant too. I know plenty of people who can afford to exhibit a much more luxurious style of life to the outside world but appear modest because they dont need anymore nor care to splurge their money on showing the world how much they can afford to buy. Perhaps knowing they own the roof over their head & dont have to pay a mortgage to a bank was far more important to them than how they appear to people who dont know them & whatever inferences they care to draw about then, whether accurate or not at all. I know couples who've retired at 50 instead of 65 with this attitude & have more money than their whole street put together, but you'd never know it. Others I know have the best of everything complete with flashy homes and a fleet of toys in the garage, but dont own any of it in reality & it will probably have broken down long before they'd ever be able to call it theirs. Plenty of people dont have a green thumb or cant find time for a garden either. None of that makes them anymore a gambler or a drug taker than it makes any one of us though.
In regard to the mental health issues: As someone who has had plenty on both sides of my family, thankfully all manageable & no where near as destructive as Ive witnessed in other families, I wouldnt dare to speculate on what others may be suffering especially when it isnt a glaringly obvious affliction, if at all. Its just unnecessary speculation thats akin to unfounded gossip & makes no difference at all IMO. Until such time that concrete evidence may be revealed to warrant the discussion being revisited based on fact, I find that irrelevant too.
This is all JMO, its not personal & its not directed at nor in response to anyone at all.

Agree with the majority of what you have said , speculation on drug use is a waste of time , it makes no difference to anything and well pointed out re little athletics ... As for his house , as well as what you have said This was his second marriage ... he may have lost out in the divorce and was starting again , I don't know or care , but to judge someone by the house they live in ? ... I have said before , I really have no interest in this case ... I check in for cases that are related to it , so somethings I am reading for the first time ... the story about the guy who got in the cab White shirt , Black pants confident at talking to women , the first thing I thought was a bouncer ... but I also think this person is irrelevant ...Whoever did this was able to cover their tracks for years, and you don't do that catching taxis

Why are we talking about drugs? Is there any evidence for this?

Refer to Peter Kurten's post #131:

This is a quote from Bond University's Dr Wayne Petherick from the ABC's Courage of our Convictions (2000) , directly regarding the Claremont Serial Killer, based off crime scene information. Quoted verbatim.

It would then be assumed that the offender has average to above-average intelligence, they are socially competent, they prefer skilled work, they're sexually competent, they have higher birth order, their father's work is stable though they had some inconsistent childhood discipline, they have a controlled mood during the crime, they may use alcohol or drugs with the crime, they usually operate according to some precipitating situational stress, so that could be a fight with a partner, loss of a job, loss of some money gambling, they generally live with a partner, they have a mobility, generally speaking a car that's kept in good condition, and they will follow the crime in the news and the media.

This profile seems to be quite accurate in light of the information we have on BRE. There's mention of drug and alcohol use. BRE may not have looked like what we perceive to be a heavy user of amphetmines or cocaine, that doesn't mean he wasn't a casual user or didn't use illicit substances to augment and intensify his experiences. Cocaine and amphetmines are notorious aphrodisiacs.

Pandit,

Thank you for reposting the information that PK originally posted. Annalise and I have touched base on the subject and received a negative response. From what I can gather people aren't interested in discussing the subject. Perhaps some forum members find the subject too close to home.

I didn't mean to offend anyone, by mentioning BREs home. It's a fair question to ask what did he do with his income? JMO.

As for BRE’s house - The outside of my house is pretty, umm...unkempt. We say that it deters burglars because it looks like it’s abandoned. Haha Inside however, that’s a different story. High end Hi-Fi, electronics, home theatre, lovely furniture and we’re paying a mortgage and for a block in another suburbs. So you can’t judge a book by its cover that way, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Canning Vale,

I won't be surprised to hear at some point in BRE's trial likely at sentencing, that he was either a regular or casual user of amphetamines/cocaine/ecstasy MDMA at the time the girls were abducted.

I'm reminded of just one, Mark Dixie who attacked a student in her home in WA raping and stabbing her before being deported from Australia to kill the British Sally Ann Bowman in the same manner. He used illicit stimulants regularly and from all the pictures I've seen of him, he looked to be very healthy and robust.

Many may not agree with me but I think the possibility of drug use is relevant, what BRE had for breakfast and where he ate it the morning of the girls abduction could be relevant.

No idea what BRE has done with his money but if he's got any, I do know he's not going to have any left after this trial. :)

Pandit,

Thank you for reposting the information that PK originally posted. Annalise and I have touched base on the subject and received a negative response. From what I can gather people aren't interested in discussing the subject. Perhaps some forum members find the subject too close to home.

I didn't mean to offend anyone, by mentioning BREs home. It's a fair question to ask what did he do with his income? JMO.

At the moment, for some reason I'm unable to "Reply with Quote".

I've read quite a bit about Mark Dixie and he seemed to be more of a perp. who didn't do much planning. Whereas the CSK did much more planning- a meticulous planner. JMO

There are similarities though Canning Vale, Mark Dixie wasn't caught for the attack on the student in her home 1998. That particular attack was quite well planned, he broke in with tools, iirc took his own knife and wore a mask. It was advances in DNA science that pinned him for it when Scotland Yard sent his DNA back to Australia. Also, DNA pinned him to an historic rape in Spain where somebody else was doing time for it.

He may well have got away with many better planned attacks than the Sally Ann murder.

His criminal past was also international with DNA links to the “savage and sexual” attack of a Thai student in Western Australia and he was investigated in connection with the most notorious unsolved murders in Perth - the Claremont killings.
Police sources are sure he struck several times in Australia, as he travelled the length of the country in the 1990s. They are convinced Miss Bowman is not the first person he killed and believe if there is another victim, it would have been in Australia.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1579461/Mark-Dixie-20-years-of-sexual-violence.html

At the moment, for some reason I'm unable to "Reply with Quote".

I've read quite a bit about Mark Dixie and he seemed to be more of a perp. who didn't do much planning. Whereas the CSK did much more planning- a meticulous planner. JMO

A small explanation for the vanishing posts might be nice seeing as they didn't seem to be breaking any rules.......

No evidence then.
Some people seem to be going off on improbable tangents.
From the little I have seen he doesn't look or act like a druggie to me. jmo

There seems to be a period of time where no photo's or descriptions have come to light of the alleged CSK so he could have gone through a period of being much slimmer due to whatever cause.

As for looking like a druggie most 'Druggies' look ordinary they are picked up by stop and search or dob ins, or are picked up through investigations into unrelated crimes.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2005-08-08/former-wa-parliamentary-clerk-faces-corruption/2076406

A spent conviction for this, maybe they shook hands before the trial.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-...ilty-tracking-device-disguise-charges/7901142

Quoted from the article below :

"At the time of the attacks he was suffering marital problems and claimed his sexual needs weren't being met at home.
He said he was also under the influence of amphetamines at the time and claimed he has "self-rehabilitated" in the 12 years since the last rape.
Dyers will be eligible for parole in nine years."

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/victim-played-dead-while-brutally-raped-20120620-20oai.html

-------------------------------

Also, can anyone open this ?
Theres an article behind a paywall that might of interest. ..

"Spies to use coercive powers to help catch depraved sex ...
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au › nsw
13 Nov. 2017 ·*READ MORE: Sex crime crackdown proposes jail over 'failing to protect children'. Robin Dyers remains behind bars. Picture: ABC. Mr Dutton said targeting sex predators had been a priority*..."

(Seen on google search)
TiA

Quoted from the article below :

"At the time of the attacks he was suffering marital problems and claimed his sexual needs weren't being met at home.
He said he was also under the influence of amphetamines at the time and claimed he has "self-rehabilitated" in the 12 years since the last rape.
Dyers will be eligible for parole in nine years."

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/victim-played-dead-while-brutally-raped-20120620-20oai.html

-------------------------------

Also, can anyone open this ?
Theres an article behind a paywall that might of interest. ..

"Spies to use coercive powers to help catch depraved sex ...
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au › nsw
13 Nov. 2017 ·*READ MORE: Sex crime crackdown proposes jail over 'failing to protect children'. Robin Dyers remains behind bars. Picture: ABC. Mr Dutton said targeting sex predators had been a priority*..."

(Seen on google search)
TiA

Hi Meticulously - I can’t open that link either. So happy they caught that serial rapist Robin Dyers. He was also using amphetamines (as mentioned in your post) What an animal. His poor victims are still reliving their nightmares MOO

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa/how-perths-serial-rapist-came-unstuck-ng-8ff8ee4851c581808c5aaab6da68f6a4

It seems that people want to persist with the drug issue in regards to the Claremont cases ... I do not think many here are aware of the effects of amphetamine's and cocaine on people ... users of these drugs are not low profile , they would have been noticed in a pub or nightclub situation ... In the nineties cocaine was mostly a party drug , amphetamines were rave party drugs ...cocaine users could have got away with the pub / nightclub scene if they with had someone who watched out for them , alone they would stand out
Amphetamine users would have trouble getting in let alone staying there ... I worked for the security company that had the contract at Club Bayview , there was a no crap policy there because of the clientele that was wanted , it was not for the ordinary folks ... if the person responsible for this was an amphetamine or cocaine user who frequented Club Bayview they would have been known to the security guys .
Nobody has to take my word for this , I am sure there are Claremont people who follow this thread who can correct me if I am wrong ... or think of the pubs/nightclubs you attended , how many cokeheads or speed freaks attended them , because you would know if they did ... The exception to this is the clubs with the doof doof music ... they are designed for users , which is why they have all the flashy light works so you cannot notice the patrons ... this was not the Claremont scene

He may have dabbled in drugs but as he comes across a controlling person, I'd doubt that he would regularly indulge. 90's in Perth were more alcohol, pot, acid, coke (if you could afford it) and although speed was around it wasn't prolific.
I'd doubt someone calculated and in control would delve into hard drug use.

Totally agree also 'no name' - growing up in Perth it was much more important to pay off a mortgage, feed a family and have small comforts within the home than worry about landscaping. Our holidays were camping; I grew up eating duck, rabbit, amazing seafood like Dhufish and Coral Trout :)
Telecom/Telstra would have paid an ordinary wage - supporting a wife and stepdaughter IMO would have been much more important than extravagant gardens.
As a teenager my mates and I took weekly trips to Pipidinny (bonfires, fishing, drinking). Last year I went back for a stroll to reminisce and realised just how sparse it is - even with development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288