Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how you could dump a vehicle of any kind, let alone a station wagon in Tomato Lake and not alert residents nearby, or leave any significant tracks leading to the water. If the WAPOL divers were searching the lake yesterday then I figure it must be for a weapon or other similar items. Given the convenience of the location to BRE's house I would think could lead to it being used to dispose of small items like clothing or jewellery. Particularly much later down the track after a murder, if he was feeling paranoid.

I don't see how you could dump a vehicle of any kind, let alone a station wagon in Tomato Lake and not alert residents nearby, or leave any significant tracks leading to the water. If the WAPOL divers were searching the lake yesterday then I figure it must be for a weapon or other similar items. Given the convenience of the location to BRE's house I would think could lead to it being used to dispose of small items like clothing or jewellery. Particularly much later down the track after a murder, if he was feeling paranoid.

I agree, very difficult to dispose of a car! Am
Interested in this lake, is it a set up like Hyde Park which is a bustling type place with no car access or is it more like Herdsman lake which is more natural and with dense bush? Thx

Seems like a pretty dumb place to dump incriminating evidence.

WAPOL have certainly spoken to the last registered owner who will have told them something that suggests the Camry may not yet be dead. Had the last registered owner scrapped it then they would not be pursuing that line of enquiry.

The 1989 Camry I formerly owned is still going so the 1992 Camry they are looking for could be out there as well.

I agree, very difficult to dispose of a car! Am
Interested in this lake, is it a set up like Hyde Park which is a bustling type place with no car access or is it more like Herdsman lake which is more natural and with dense bush? Thx

I haven't walked around it, but I have driven past and it looks more like Hyde Park.
It has a driveway to a carpark right next to the lake that comes off Oats St, and the end of Hampton St would be the most convenient access point from BRE's house if approaching on foot, or anywhere along Kambalda Way (NE edge of the lake/park).

Tomato Lake wouldn’t be deep enough to hide a car for this long.... used to be heavily inhabited by druggies at night in the nineties, and couples parking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomato Lake wouldn’t be deep enough to hide a car for this long.... used to be heavily inhabited by druggies at night in the nineties, and couples parking.

What if you took it somewhere else first and squashed the roof flat and then dumped it off a barge in the middle of the lake, during a storm. Does anyone know the tidal movements and wind direction at tomato lake for all of 2008.

*Sarcasm intended*

What if you took it somewhere else first and squashed the roof flat and then dumped it off a barge in the middle of the lake, during a storm. Does anyone know the tidal movements and wind direction at tomato lake for all of 2008.

*Sarcasm intended*
ROFLMAO [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

*Sarcasm intended*

^^GOLD!!!!

Your jk right about not being able to dump a vehicle? do you know how many cars get buried on farms? and with the steady flow of backpackers coming into WA they buy cheap cars and dump them with the keys in them when they leave all over the place

Tomato lake has nothing to do with this impo

Your jk right about not being able to dump a vehicle? do you know how many cars get buried on farms? and with the steady flow of backpackers coming into WA they buy cheap cars and dump them with the keys in them when they leave all over the place

Tomato lake has nothing to do with this impo

I think you need to re read. They weren’t saying you couldn’t dump a vehicle. They were specifically saying in the lake because 1, it’s not deep and in summer wouldn’t be much more than knee deep, 2 it’s not very big and 3 it’s surrounded by houses.

*Sarcasm intended*

Kambo - you do realise you COPIED my joke! [emoji317]

5 hours late mate! 🤦🏻*♂️

Although I do appreciate the similarities in our sense of humour. [emoji16][emoji1360]

And kudos to you for taking it one step further with barge and weather factors! Nice work!

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

It seems like someone is talking. A new charge and searching a lake! Just moo, but I don’t think it’s a coincidence

It seems like someone is talking. A new charge and searching a lake! Just moo, but I don’t think it’s a coincidence

Yes, I had similar thoughts MU

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Parts of Tomato Lake is considerably deep – with reeds in the middle. I’ve seen someone venture out to retrieve a ball – the water was up to his waist. He was about 5’ 10”.

There’s quite a few routes to access the lake - with housing nearby.

Has anyone looked on Google Earth for the Camry?

I haven't walked around it, but I have driven past and it looks more like Hyde Park.
It has a driveway to a carpark right next to the lake that comes off Oats St, and the end of Hampton St would be the most convenient access point from BRE's house if approaching on foot, or anywhere along Kambalda Way (NE edge of the lake/park).
BRE was still living in Fountain Way, Huntingdale in Jan 1996. He didn't move into Acton Av until much later. I'm not sure what date.

Did the link to searching Tomato lake get posted or is it a wild duck chase. Not sure if the algal bloom report is current if it is true the divers will need a good rinse down.

http://www.belmont.wa.gov.au/Pages/Algal-Bloom.aspx
From memory, the lake almost totally dried out a few years ago. And that happens every few years.
I believe that Belmont CC drained it or dredged it out of rubbish and weeds before they installed the platform and gazebo, as I remember a story about saving the Turtles or something. Remember, it's an unverified Post about police divers searching tomato Lake. Furthermore it's unverified whether it's to do with the case against the accused, nor what they're looking for.
More likely they're looking for something to do with a recent local crime.

Besides, if Sarah was the first, then the US studies of Serial Killers that I quoted yesterday suggests that she would be the furthest away. And also any other evidence would be dumped as far away from his home as he could get.
https://twitter.com/westaustralian/status/966816386390614017
Was she the first though?

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

We need a volunteer - someone to enter the lake, and wade out to the middle. Find out how deep it is and feedback the information. All you'll need is a towel and bathers and lots of mozzy spray.

The weather's good at the moment. Any volunteers, like Kambo, McFisntackle, Mo Joe?

We need a volunteer - someone to enter the lake, and wade out to the middle. Find out how deep it is and feedback the information. All you'll need is a towel and bathers and lots of mozzy spray.

The weather's good at the moment. Any volunteers, like Kambo, McFisntackle, Mo Joe?
There's a stick with numbers on it in the lake, near the bridge, so no need to get in the water. ;)

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a8feab...etermination-of-design-groundwater-levels.pdf
5ef94164e70704d0381ad036a9939d24.jpg
e2bc29c67016e6472e5a5c068e472143.jpg

The difference between the lowest number which is probably the lowest point of the bottom of the lake taken when it was dried out, and the highest number is ~ 3 metres or ~ 10 foot in the old measure.
You'll note that it averages between 1 and 2 metres, so it is actually quite shallow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee