Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there. I am a long time lurker, finally decided to join because there is a part of the current discussion that really intrigues me.

I have always wondered why the police linked SS, JR & CG. JR & CG I understood because they had bodies and so could make comparisons. But what do they have to connect SS? I've assumed it is more than just the Claremont connection. Back when it all happened, it might have been, in the sense that the the media presenting it as a serial killer attracted attention that may have helped solve it. But over the years they've maintained the connection despite not linking other cases, and now they've charged BRE with all three.

The police have always played the evidence in this matter very close to their chests. We don't know for certain anything about what the bodies demonstrated had happened. So I wonder if they have forensics on SS despite not having a body?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need a volunteer - someone to enter the lake, and wade out to the middle. Find out how deep it is and feedback the information. All you'll need is a towel and bathers and lots of mozzy spray.

The weather's good at the moment. Any volunteers, like Kambo, McFisntackle, Mo Joe?

Lol I’m 3000km away now! But I’ve fallen into Tomato Lake a few times when I lived on Acton Avenue. Was only waist deep and thick with muck....

Yes good - there was plenty of dodgy comments there

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

There was plenty of dodgy comments there , LOL , do you read some of the comments here

Sometimes people make strange comments. Perhaps someone twigged, regarding a past comment made and reported it to Macro.

Someone with a conscious.

There's two ex-wives, former colleagues and family who may have recalled something. It can't be any friends because he doesn't seem to have any.

With regard to the granting of parole, the notorious Catherine Birnie was involved in the murders of more than 3 people. Creepy Catherine has been eligible for parole umpteen times, but thankfully knocked back.

What a shame WA has abolished capital punishment!

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...1887393bfc61&usg=AOvVaw3F4f1abiGc-XgAcfHn3Ufw

Andrew Mallard , John Button , Darryl Beamish , how many others .... I wonder if they think its a shame WA abolished capital punishment

Hello there. I am a long time lurker, finally decided to join because there is a part of the current discussion that really intrigues me.

I have always wondered why the police linked SS, JR & CG. JR & CG I understood because they had bodies and so could make comparisons. But what do they have to connect SS? I've assumed it is more than just the Claremont connection. Back when it all happened, it might have been, in the sense that the the media presenting it as a serial killer attracted attention that may have helped solve it. But over the years they've maintained the connection despite not linking other cases, and now they've charged BRE with all three.

The police have always played the evidence in this matter very close to their chests. We don't know for certain anything about what the bodies demonstrated had happened. So I wonder if they have forensics on SS despite not having a body?

Don’t know if you’re a local or too young to have been around?
To those of us who lived through it, we didn’t need the media or police to tell us it was a serial killer, it was obvious.
Claremont was a small nightlife precinct, not the main nightlife hub like Northbridge.

It was quiet and thought to be safe, mostly locals and uni students, considered to be a safe crowd. What happened shocked and terrorised the whole of Perth. As a local woman who lived through it, who’d frequented the area a few years before while at UWA, 22 years later it still sends shivers up my spine.

a very good point.

[emoji887]

Yes I see your point, but I also think of Sarah, Jane and Ciara and their families; The Birnie’s victims and their families, The Greenough Killer’s victims and their family, Hayley Dodd and her family. I think of what fear, terror and pain they all must have gone through and what their families are still going through and as a woman (who are most commonly the victims of these types of crimes most often at the hands of depraved men) I wish we still had the death penalty.

This is MOO.

Everyone of course is entitled to their own opinion in our democratic country.

Off with their heads-
Regardless of guilt !

What are you drinking btw....

There was plenty of dodgy comments there , LOL , do you read some of the comments here

Plenty amusement all round!
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.

Yes I see your point, but I also think of Sarah, Jane and Ciara and their families; The Birnie’s victims and their families, The Greenough Killer’s victims and their family, Hayley Dodd and her family. I think of what fear, terror and pain they all must have gone through and what their families are still going through and as a woman (who are most commonly the victims of these types of crimes most often at the hands of depraved men) I wish we still had the death penalty.

This is MOO.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43172474

I feel the death penalty is a way out of living a miserable existence in jail. Having to live with the crime committed and knowing how hated you would be would be better punishment. Some criminals commit suicide rather than have to live with all the guilt and being locked up for the rest of their lives. Also I think it’s barbaric. The article above gave me the creeps when I read it. Especially the part of the article that talks about “respectable citizens” volunteering to watch executions seems a bit spooky to me. MOO

Off with their heads-
Regardless of guilt !

What are you drinking btw....

If you’re referring to my post, no not regardless of guilt and irrefutable physical evidence and not for every murder; but for horrendous brutal murders, or multiple or serial murders; in my opinion.

Have you ever read about the Greenough Family Massacre and the depravity inflicted upon little girls aged 7 and 5 with an axe?

http://westaustralianvista.com/Greenough_Family_Massacre.html

Or Jill Meagher’s killer? He had an horrendous record of violence and rape of women, he was nothing more than a predator.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Jill_Meagher

No I haven’t been drinking or drugging, and no I don’t hate men (I love them), and no I’m not a lesbian (not that there’s anything wrong with that) and no I’m not an ultra-feminist (not that there’s anything wrong with that); but I’m a woman sick and tired of the violence and trauma inflicted on innocent children and women by some sick, depraved men.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43172474

I feel the death penalty is a way out of living a miserable existence in jail. Having to live with the crime committed and knowing how hated you would be would be better punishment. Some criminals commit suicide rather than have to live with all the guilt and being locked up for the rest of their lives. Also I think it’s barbaric. The article above gave me the creeps when I read it. Also the part of the article that talks about “respectable citizens” volunteering to watch executions seems a bit spooky to me. MOO

Like I said in my post everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Plenty amusement all round!
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

Your comments usually provide plenty of amusement Spooky, lol.
You remind me of a very interesting poster from the early days of the CSK threads.

Yes I see your point, but I also think of Sarah, Jane and Ciara and their families; The Birnie’s victims and their families, The Greenough Killer’s victims and their family, Hayley Dodd and her family. I think of what fear, terror and pain they all must have gone through and what their families are still going through and as a woman (who are most commonly the victims of these types of crimes most often at the hands of depraved men) I wish we still had the death

This is MOO.

Ronald Ryan the last person to hang in Australia has been shown not to have committed the crime he hung for ... he was guilty of other crimes but nothing to justify the death penalty ... One wrong person executed is one to many , One wrong person in custody is one to many

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam