Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question;

Why did Karra Man choose this? (at this point I will stop short of calling him the CSK)

Is it as simple as that's what was available? Clearly the attack was well planned which suggests he opted for this over other options such as rope, cable ties, duct tape? To me it's an odd choice. Anyone want to hazard a guess why?

Easy access.

I think the rope belonged to someone close to him. Police speculated he had taken it from a screen printing shop. But if he knew someone who was interested in screen printing, or was doing projects at home, then he could have grabbed a length of it. Fashion designers or those in school for fashion often dye huge bolts of fabrics.

I wonder if any of the POI's had roommates or partners with this hobby?

What's your take, Bart, as to why he chose such a restraint?

Judoman's wife (maybe girlfriend at the time not sure when they married) was a fashion designer.

Easy access.

I think the rope belonged to someone close to him. Police speculated he had taken it from a screen printing shop. But if he knew someone who was interested in screen printing, or was doing projects at home, then he could have grabbed a length of it. Fashion designers or those in school for fashion often dye huge bolts of fabrics.

I wonder if any of the POI's had roommates or partners with this hobby?

What's your take, Bart, as to why he chose such a restraint?

Peter Kertin's theory is pretty solid - Karra Man used this regularly so it was a natural choice. This suggests that Karra Man does some sort of manual work which make sense since he had a van. Maybe Telstra worker fits. Maybe Karra Man felt that in his experience, clothes line plastic cable gives a tighter not. That common synthetic orange rope doesn't tighten well and maybe the common more non-synthetic rope is in someway also not up to scratch? Maybe it's because the clothes line not only tightens well but it's easy to cut loose at the end?

Maybe it just happens Karra Man was doing some DIY around his house (or hobby farm perhaps) and realised clothes line was a great product for tying things with? He may have tried stockings and rope with his rose bushes and discovered clothes line works best.

From memeory is was 2011 they looked at the printing/screen printing shop. Either two things happened;

1. The ink trace came from one of the CSK victims
2. They linked Karra to CSK so chased up the ink sample in the Karra case.

It would be handy to know exactly where Macro are at with this.

I'm going to use this opportunity to call upon any guest readers or potential contributors to create an account and provide members of this group information about Telstra manual trades in the 1990's.

I'm particularly interested in hearing the different roles within the organisation in 1995, and the setups surrounding the positions with regards to vehicles, geographical allocation of work, skills required and any other info.

I'm going to use this opportunity to call upon any guest readers or potential contributors to create an account and provide members of this group information about Telstra manual trades in the 1990's.

I'm particularly interested in hearing the different roles within the organisation in 1995, and the setups surrounding the positions with regards to vehicles, geographical allocation of work, skills required and any other info.

Great idea.

The link to Telstra can be drawn on all attacks with the exception of SS, yet has never been thrashed out or given serious consideration.

I'd like to know what role would involve the use of a van and what role would involve the use of a commodore Wagon? Would a change in vehicle indicate a change in role or promotion?

Edit: SS was last seen at the Telstra phone box. But I'm not sure that's a strong enough link.

JR was 33 km south of the Conti Pub. I don`t think you will get far with Telstra vehicles, manuals & especially phone boxes lol.

JR was 33 km south of the Conti Pub. I don`t think you will get far with Telstra vehicles, manuals & especially phone boxes lol.

The Telstra theory makes more sense and has more tangible connections than any you've offered up <modsnip>.

With all the theories that have been produced over the years a telstra connection even with only the slightest of circumstantial evidence is far from crazy, It fits a hell of a lot better than most opinions that have been put out there.

So if JR is 33km south could SS be 33 km east? But Tis just a guess. The CSK isn`t into angles he is into lines & similar distances. So from the Conti that could be 8 palms Train Station ( Hovea Station). (Hovea, the palms can be seen from Victoria Road) From the OBH that could be near the Swan View Tunnel. I must see if the CG distance comes into this anywhere. So is the CSK into Cartography? Or even was in the Army especially knowing maps. Maybe Orienterring groups ?

Is the CSK Army or maybe Reservists as some have said years ago. Was he a cut lunch Commando ( Reservist)

If you follow that telegraph pole north, it eventually meets at a Telstra owned building towards Yanchep. There is also Telstra owned communcation infrastructure underground which tracks the overhead line.

I believe the line used to restrain the victim was a "hollow plastic rope", consistent with one of those roll out washing lines common in the 1990's. I've been told however, that this rope was not indeed yellow.

Peter are you sure about this? It's just not making sense to me. Clothesline wire usually has a wire core so as to prevent stretching. If it was indeed "hollow", it would be tubing and more likely associated with the marine/fishing industry ( or arts and crafts). Is it possible for you to check with your source for a more exact description?

[/B]

Peter are you sure about this? It's just not making sense to me. Clothesline wire usually has a wire core so as to prevent stretching. If it was indeed "hollow", it would be tubing and more likely associated with the marine/fishing industry ( or arts and crafts). Is it possible for you to check with your source for a more exact description?

P.S Can you please also find out what colour it was?

Green? Some had twine rope inside the plastic. For some strength.

Not sure if this has been discussed before, been a while since ive studied the case, but which route do people believe the CSK took to leave JR in Wellard. I've been going over the history of the different arterial roads that run north and south through the greater Perth area and am curious as to which route would be safest to have taken in those days with a dead woman in his vehicle.
Would he have come down the coast and then inland or around the eastern side of the city?

Havent read any posts prior but Jack High, given the side the road JR was placed, the vehicle you would presume would be facing north when stopped. If the vehicle was parked wrong side the road, it would look odd if someone was facing the wrong side the road, or carting a body across the road. Otherwise the vehicle went south down Woolwich to Millar then turned around and came back. But why would you do turn around and come back up, only to dump the body?

According the book it sounded like the body had been dragged some way, (The watch had come off) but the forensics appear not far from the road in media images. The thing is, if you climb out a car, pull a body out of the car and start dragging it through the bush solo, that represents considerable risk?
Does that mean two or three persons were in the car Jack?

With such a distance, you would think this person either knows the road well, or has planned considerably their route prior.
Was JR killed on the same night according police Jack?

Not sure if this has been discussed before, been a while since ive studied the case, but which route do people believe the CSK took to leave JR in Wellard. I've been going over the history of the different arterial roads that run north and south through the greater Perth area and am curious as to which route would be safest to have taken in those days with a dead woman in his vehicle.
Would he have come down the coast and then inland or around the eastern side of the city?

The two discovered bodies were dumped just off the side of the road.

Ciaras body was some distance. Someone would either have to drag the body from the road, down the hill some way through the bush on their own. Or was there two carting the dead weight? Or was the vehicle driven down the hill into the bush, Ciara removed where they parked? If JR was not far off the road, why have they gone to such a task of getting Ciara so far off the road?

Yeah, so both the discovered bodies were not far from bitumen in the outer wider precinct of Perth. Probably over thinking it, but Pippidinny east west, Millar-Woolcoot north south.
I think Millar was limestone track up to where it met the conjoin of Woolcoot road. Pippidinny was bitumen right down tot he western end at the time?

They were both very dark places at night, possibly with no street lighting. I think JR was discovered in the property of where the drain was shown in the image attached.

Can we presume that Sarah may have been dumped on a road on the outer skirts of Perth, not far from a low vehicle used road in the dark of night?

Did all the girls own/drive cars? Or did they catch buses and taxis often? Mr MTT?

millar_hockeystick.jpg

Peter, the cable may have been from Telstra technician, or similar for the drawing of cables through conduit. Plastic outer is covered with a lubricant to slide through pipes, the inner core provides the tensile strength to draw the cable. Was the inner cable wire? Or cord? Did the girls have a phone technician around at the time?

And while Janes body may have had fibres from a Commodore, there is nothing to say a different vehicle such as the Ford Falcon taxi described by the bricklayer was used for Ciara. It would be a good idea to use a different vehicle for the separate crime? The bricklayer did say the Falcon taxi in Pippidinny rd was dirty, and another witness said a taxi was seen taking the back dirt roads through bush around the time Jane went missing. (Reported in newspaper)

Friday&#8217;s edition of the Post also reported that police now believed the victim from the Karrakatta rape was tied up with washing line, not telephone wire as previously reported.

The washing line was found to be impregnated with material used in screen printing, the paper reported.

In addition, the newspaper said fibres found on Jane Rimmer&#8217;s body were found to match the upholstery of a Holden VS Commodore.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...7280fc03b67c97

If you follow that telegraph pole north, it eventually meets at a Telstra owned building towards Yanchep. There is also Telstra owned communcation infrastructure underground which tracks the overhead line.

I believe the line used to restrain the victim was a "hollow plastic rope", consistent with one of those roll out washing lines common in the 1990's. I've been told however, that this rope was not indeed yellow.

Havent read any posts prior but Jack High, given the side the road JR was placed, the vehicle you would presume would be facing north when stopped. If the vehicle was parked wrong side the road, it would look odd if someone was facing the wrong side the road, or carting a body across the road. Otherwise the vehicle went south down Woolwich to Millar then turned around and came back. But why would you do turn around and come back up, only to dump the body?

According the book it sounded like the body had been dragged some way, (The watch had come off) but the forensics appear not far from the road in media images. The thing is, if you climb out a car, pull a body out of the car and start dragging it through the bush solo, that represents considerable risk?
Does that mean two or three persons were in the car Jack?

With such a distance, you would think this person either knows the road well, or has planned considerably their route prior.
Was JR killed on the same night according police Jack?
1. The watch more likely came off when animals started picking at the body.
2. If you have a look at Google Maps the fence to the paddock is not far from the road. She was dumped parallel to this fence. Only a few meters from the road. That's not far to drag a female body. Can be be done solo.

There's almost no doubt the dump site was pre-planned. Whether he familiar to the area prior or he just went and scouted out the location in his planning phase is unknown. I like to think the CSK lived local to Claremont and surrounds and chase his dump sites based on the quickest and most familiar way out of the city. That means either south or north. I also lean towards the CSK taking Hampton Rd and Cockburn Rd out of Fremantle based on familiarity. West Coast Hwy and Waneroo Rd for the CG dump.

South goes to the Yallingup/Margaret River area and North goes to Lancelin. Both well know surfing, fishing and holiday spots. This is where the CSK may have got his route familiarity from.

The two discovered bodies were dumped just off the side of the road.

Ciaras body was some distance. Someone would either have to drag the body from the road, down the hill some way through the bush on their own. Or was there two carting the dead weight? Or was the vehicle driven down the hill into the bush, Ciara removed where they parked? If JR was not far off the road, why have they gone to such a task of getting Ciara so far off the road?
Because the CSK found a track he could drive into. He likely drove in, thereby taking his car off the road, and then dumped CG off the track. Still very similar to the JR dump.

Yeah, so both the discovered bodies were not far from bitumen in the outer wider precinct of Perth. Probably over thinking it, but Pippidinny east west, Millar-Woolcoot north south.
I think Millar was limestone track up to where it met the conjoin of Woolcoot road. Pippidinny was bitumen right down tot he western end at the time?
Correct. Woolcoot unsealed. Pipidinny sealed.

They were both very dark places at night, possibly with no street lighting.
Takes 2 minutes to check google maps and discover that there is no street lighting. They are rural roads.
Can we presume that Sarah may have been dumped on a road on the outer skirts of Perth, not far from a low vehicle used road in the dark of night?
Yes - but why hasn't she shown up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member