Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've discussed the fact that some killers do de-escalate. What about either of these attacks being linked to the CSK?

View attachment 105525
DB link for Staying calm article

View attachment 105526
DB link for Cyclist fights article

There was another attempted attack on Broadway. Or is this the same one? Can anyone clarify please?

I also recall reading about an incdent on Coughlan Rd but unsure if this is the same one? Again, can anyone shed some light?

The Broadway one is similar to Claremont Subway. The Couglan Rd one similar to Rowe Pk/KK.

If we consider all the "pre-cursor" attacks then a lot of them should have descriptions of the attacker and therefore police should have a reasonable idea as to how many are related.

There's a mention of the Broadway victim giving police an identikit. I wonder if this was ever published? I don't see what Macro have to lose by doing another 1hr TV show and giving the public some info around a few of these earlier attacks including identikits. At the very least it will give them a few people to investigate.

The CSK might not have enjoyed killing or it never came close to his fantasies. Maybe he only killed women he knew or whom he thought might be able to identify him.

I am kind of leaning towards:

1.) He killed Julie Cutler on accident. He may have had some sexual assaults prior to Julie, and he surely fantasized about violent sex, but things got out of hand with Julie. He freaked out about what to do with her car, and somehow put it in the ocean to get rid of evidence. I have no idea where he hid her body. Her death excited him, but it also scared him, and he did not plan to kill again.
2.) He committed numerous sexual assaults in the Claremont area, and things began to escalate in 1994ish.
3.) He killed Sarah, either because he knew her or he got carried away.
4.) He tried further sexual assaults, maybe he was successful, but at least one victim was able to escape.
5.) He knew Jane. He raped her and then killed her.
6.) He accidentally killed Ciara when she fought back. Other victims fought back as well, but things got out of control during this incident and he killed her before he had a chance to assault her.
7.) He realizes killing is not fulfilling and he is putting himself at risk. He lays low for a while and then starts attacking again. Maybe his circumstances have changed and he is unable to stalk women so freely.

What are everyone else's theories as to how the CSK started and how he stopped or slowed down?

I'm 50/50 on JC. Body never found similar to SS. Killer possible has local knowledge of Cottesloe which probably matches CSK. Could have been first kill - maybe at 18/19/20 and it took a few years to be ready to do the next one.

My theory on how he started - he started with sexual assaults and rapes in his local area. Then decided to kill the girls as a way to hide his identity.

My theory as to why he stopped - I don't buy into the prison/death/overseas theory. I think he's still living locally but dormant. I think he has a mental fixation on Claremont which stopped him from changing areas - Northbridge, Freo etc. I think Claremont became too hot and as he's primarily a rapist rather than a killer he wasn't that hard to give up killing. Giving up sexual assault would have been the hard one. Maybe he's still done a few (as per the links you posted) or maybe he got married etc. I still think there's a good chance he stopped because he knew Macro were onto him.

The identakit of the guy with the mo you guys found looks a lot like Estelle Blackburns ex boyfriend (the romanian boxer) then again most of these kits are so damn vague you could almost fit them to anyone. IMO though that board seen in the background is nothing more than a production prop, with all the secrecy behind this case I can't see police letting slip a shot of their centre of investigation without it being blurred.

I agree about the board. Why would the bother pinning up big headlines just for internal use

I agree about the board. Why would the bother pinning up big headlines just for internal use
Sure good point . its good to have some opinions from wise posters #jba512 , bart , & whoever else who think that the idkit might be irrelevant .
Its worth pointing out that the articles next to these idkits are genuine . Especially the half face pic is surrounded by relevant articles .
The blurry full face isnt as obvious or convincing IMO of being relevant to the "csk" case documentary, besides its blurry .

Its Possible that they are genuine identikits of SOMEONE ,, described by one of the living witnesses maybe .
why would it be put up amongst relevant "csk" articles on a pinup board ? Strange if Not relevant considering that imO . Yes well maybe tv has b---sh--ted us it wouldn't surprise .

A lot of the pre/post incidents are perhaps not "csk" , but by eliminating these & the perps involved is still a positive direction imo .
I am uncertain about how / who murdered 1/2/or 3 women, if 1 perp did all 3 , or any of the possibilities. (which is many)
The descriptions of perps/ pois are often differing about height, hair , cars etc ,so im uncertain about precursor assaults all being 1 perpetrator of course ,nothings clear .
Seeing that it happened many years ago its easy to use the process of elimination & now that some perps have been charged or gaoled it makes it so much easier to eliminate because the perps can be investigated (online). Although in this case theres not much good info to work with .
Everyone's opinions are great for discussion & learning !
Digging deeper & good sleuthing may well be the most positive step that can be done, online imo [emoji335]
[emoji111]

unable to attach links

So given that Macro haven't rereleased any identikits from any of the pre-cursor crimes... or upped the reward for more information...

It's safe to say they know who it is?

I think KK victim had a blindfold to hide a distinctive car, rather than his face.

EDIT - I remember vaguely the Nedlands attacks. I think it was around the area that is now an IGA and a building called Broadway Fair - there were lots of dark car parks there at the time and not much else.

I believe elastic posted this a long time ago, but meticulous mentioned the comments might be relevant to the current discussion.

The poster sounds paranoid, but maybe there's something there.

https://independentaustralia.net/bu...eagher-and-alan-jones,4552#comment-1130572264

Posted through Tapatalk

I think some of this could be believable.

Regarding protection - alarm bells should have gone off when Macro taskforce officers had to swear that they wouldn't discuss the case with each other/any other police officers. Ummm.. do you want to solve it or not?

Also - "we know who it is, we don't have enough to convict" could also be a form of protection.

EDIT - I remember vaguely the Nedlands attacks. I think it was around the area that is now an IGA and a building called Broadway Fair - there were lots of dark car parks there at the time and not much else.
Do you recall an article/incident where someone grabbed a girl from behind on Broadway or at Broadway Fair? Might have only happened in the last 5 years?

Sure good point . its good to have some opinions from wise posters #jba512 , bart , & whoever else who think that the idkit might be irrelevant .
Its worth pointing out that the articles next to these idkits are genuine . Especially the half face pic is surrounded by relevant articles .
The blurry full face isnt as obvious or convincing IMO of being relevant to the "csk" case documentary, besides its blurry .

Its Possible that they are genuine identikits of SOMEONE ,, described by one of the living witnesses maybe .
why would it be put up amongst relevant "csk" articles on a pinup board ? Strange if Not relevant considering that imO . Yes well maybe tv has b---sh--ted us it wouldn't surprise .

My feel is that this board was made up for the tv and the identikits done a bit vaguely on purpose to perhaps make the CSK think it looks a bit like him. So if this is the case then everything on that board has been specifically pinned up for a reason.

When this was aired were any of the POI's still being monitored?

I'm 50/50 on JC. Body never found similar to SS. Killer possible has local knowledge of Cottesloe which probably matches CSK. Could have been first kill - maybe at 18/19/20 and it took a few years to be ready to do the next one.

My theory on how he started - he started with sexual assaults and rapes in his local area. Then decided to kill the girls as a way to hide his identity.

My theory as to why he stopped - I don't buy into the prison/death/overseas theory. I think he's still living locally but dormant. I think he has a mental fixation on Claremont which stopped him from changing areas - Northbridge, Freo etc. I think Claremont became too hot and as he's primarily a rapist rather than a killer he wasn't that hard to give up killing. Giving up sexual assault would have been the hard one. Maybe he's still done a few (as per the links you posted) or maybe he got married etc. I still think there's a good chance he stopped because he knew Macro were onto him.

I agree with this Bart but I always get stuck on the last bit..... He knew MACRO was onto him.

If MACRO were onto him, they would have matched the DNA and stopped pursuing other leads.

I don't want to start the DNA discussion again but it's always the sticking point for me with the theory you describe.

So either they have their man and no DNA, or DNA and no man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are the reasons if any that Romauld Zak has been eliminated by you sluethers?
Pp, there was nothing saying he was violent or had a record of sex assaults .
Otherwise he fits the part in a wildcard sort of way .
Jmo

unable to attach links

What are the reasons if any that Romauld Zak has been eliminated by you sluethers?

Not everyone has ruled him out. I have all but ruled him out based on the fact he had mental illness (possibly schizophrenia). The CSK was highly organised and I don't believe a person with a mental illness would be able to pull it off. And if it was schizophrenia - no way in hell a schizophrenic would be able to do that.

IMO all the MO stuff is pure speculation. We actually know nothing about the killer. I have lived in Perth, and you can hear hear crickets on Saturday nights. Doesn't surprise me nobody saw anything. RZ may have had no history of violence but whoever committed the crimes doesn't seem to have had any future.

I've ruled him out because he was just a guy who knew Ciara. There is nothing else tying him to the crimes, as far as I know.

Do you have an argument for why he should be considered?

Posted through Tapatalk

I think a person who plucks three people off the street and kills them definitely has some type of mental illness.

There was another attempted attack on Broadway. Or is this the same one? Can anyone clarify please?

I also recall reading about an incdent on Coughlan Rd but unsure if this is the same one? Again, can anyone shed some light?...

Snipped. I don't think I've heard of these. The only reference I can find is Billy's mention back in thread 2.

Anyone else remember anything?

Posted through Tapatalk

I think some of this could be believable.

Regarding protection - alarm bells should have gone off when Macro taskforce officers had to swear that they wouldn't discuss the case with each other/any other police officers. Ummm.. do you want to solve it or not?

Also - "we know who it is, we don't have enough to convict" could also be a form of protection.

As meticulous pointed out, you originally located these comments. The commenter surely posted elsewhere under a different name? Any guesses as to who this is? Could it be Terence McLernon?

Posted through Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member