Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996-1997, Perth, Western Australia - #8 ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
And supposed was a electrical engineer superintendent at Rio Tinto.
i think they said he worked for telstra but as some kind of representative or rep for them, dealing with big mining as a customer

Add -claremont to the search term.

On this note. A Bradley Edwards has a profile at http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Bradley-Edwards/-1861952043
Major mine sites have telstra equipment on site. They need dedicated equipment on the site to supply mobile coverage for the works in the middle of nowhere. Potentially he worked with Rio and BHP, but it was a contractor to them through his role with Telstra?

We are talking about a fairly long period of time. I think he may well have either contracted to Rio Tinto and/or BHP through Telstra, but before that he may well have been a common variety Telstra man, just working for Telstra and driving around Perth.

Yup exactly that.

Having said that, he wouldn't be working night shifts etc if that was his position.

Don't think he'd have a commodore in Perth, kitted with tools etc either. Hard to tell

It has been a long period of time. He probably had a Perth job for Telstra at one point and later on contracted to the minesites, quite possibly through Telstra. Although the item I saw said his work address was CGU house in St Georges Terrace. Rio Tinto was (or is) the tenant of that building. Obviously the Rio Tinto profile I saw was from a time long after the Claremont killings.

i think they said he worked for telstra but as some kind of representative or rep for them, dealing with big mining as a customer

The Telco provides a "managed service" Eg a bunch of fibre or copper coming into their telco hut on a mine site or mining building just for use by mining companies and the Telco "techs" look after this "managed service/s". Can also be hardware like servers and "cloud" type services that the Telco bills the Mining companies to use.

Thanks,I was thrown by the white sticker but probably added later.

Well I can't be certain but they are both white GXL type with the folding rear doors and not "barn door" type GX or "povo pack" and parked at "families" address. I would say it could be a BCF sticker or fishing sticker even. Who knows. But the Hilux that dies on lawn in early Google sat images might be able to help if it was used to move these poor souls at all. Personally I feel WAPOL need to find the VS wagon asap and tear that thing to pieces looking for DNA. Vital to ensure he rots in a cell I reckon.

Edit: and get his Motorcharge or fuel records stat!

Yeah, I very strongly doubt with what we know about BE he would be into transvestitism. He's more than likely a paraphiliac. But I think Bart was right - he's not a sadist/lust murderer (and tend to be less mentally stable: think Jeffrey Dahmer.) They tend to mutilate their victims.

I think in the case of BE (given that we know he's committed acts of sexual violence,) he's more motivated by displaced anger. I would suggest he has a deep-seated virgin/wh*re dichtomy.[bQUOTE]

Wow! That's rich. You actually meant a Madonna/*advertiser censored* dichotomy, where a MAN is unable to maintain sexual arousal within a committed, loving relationship. The virgin/*advertiser censored* dichtomy you mentioned relates to women. Regardless, it's a huge call and unless you have sat in on counseling sessions with the individual, it really equates to a doctor diagnosing cancer over the telephone.

Anyone considered why suspect had no kids of his own? It appears he met his partner not long after turning 30. Could he have had a fertility issue?

Personally I feel WAPOL need to find the VS wagon asap and tear that thing to pieces looking for DNA.

Highly unlikely it is still around IMO. Would have been a high km fleet vehicle when it went to the private market - highly unlikely to still be on the road or not to have met it's fate at a wreckers by now.

A search of Carsales right now reveals just 1 VS Series 1 for sale in WA - very rare.

there was a comment below it that said "not as bad as you" ?

Yes there was. Perhaps the person deleted their comment after the story broke but there are screenshots of it in prior threads. It piqued my interest in that the person might know something about BE's history.

One of the more interesting ebay vendors I noticed was - http://www.ebay.com.au/usr/cpapsupplydepot - selling CPAP type equipment. Must have had some kind of sleep/breathing issues.

Women's items could be explained by step daughter using account - may not have had her own Paypal/Credit Card etc.

Whole lot of personal info out there for someone supposedly so savvy though. Maybe he was more lucky than smart?

Heaps of photos on the LAC FB too - lots of him presenting kids with awards/in the background etc.

Highly unlikely it is still around IMO. Would have been a high km fleet vehicle when it went to the private market - highly unlikely to still be on the road or not to have met it's fate at a wreckers by now.

A search of Carsales right now reveals just 1 VS Series 1 for sale in WA - very rare.

You're probably right but who knows (WAPOL will find its records from DOT)

The VS has the better Ecotec motor and can be good for 500k plus if looked after (more if swapped out with newer donk). The body wasn't prone to rust too much. The fleet moved them at 100,000kms from my memory of them at Govt. auctions back then.

I know it's still a long shot but I would say it's at least 30% chance it's still getting around.

Great old bus for someone until they find out its past.

Edit: plenty of Gumtree that could be it

The person who made the comment is from USA so i think it was prob just a troll

One of my mates is a lawyer here in Perth and apparently this guy's arrest has been in the pipeline for nearly 12 months (I totally trust this coming from the source, though obviously they couldn't give me anything beyond that). The kimono may have led them to the initial DNA hit but if you look at the timeline it's also about 12 months ago they found the Karrakatta/CG link. So just from my own extrapolating, kimono gets a hit somewhere more than a year ago and gives them a suspect, but the match to the Karrakatta case provided the link to the CSK, and they've spent a year making sure it's all flush.

One of my mates is a lawyer here in Perth and apparently this guy's arrest has been in the pipeline for nearly 12 months (I totally trust this coming from the source, though obviously they couldn't give me anything beyond that). The kimono may have led them to the initial DNA hit but if you look at the timeline it's also about 12 months ago they found the Karrakatta/CG link. So just from my own extrapolating, kimono gets a hit somewhere more than a year ago and gives them a suspect, but the match to the Karrakatta case provided the link to the CSK, and they've spent a year making sure it's all flush.

[emoji888]similarly, 12months since he and his ex parted ways.
can't begin to imagine what she must be feeling about matters, and very curious to hear anything she may impart. [emoji887]

Found this- plenty of footage of BE in [video=youtube;A7c0LlGvMYY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7c0LlGvMYY[/video] timelapse video.
Haven't watched it all yet but he the one is wearing grey, shorts, hat, and driving the ride on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley_erin