Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #9 *ARREST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so fair to assume it was a very sexual piece of attire.

Oh, Gawd no. A kimono was just a light weight dressing gown that you'd wear over PJ's or nightie. Long sleeved and quite modest, but there were "shortie" kimonos that were kind of ugly, hardly sexy. Fancy ones were pure silk and hand embroidered, most were inexpensive rayon and machine embroidered. They were popular because they were colourful, comfortable and fairly cheap. I suppose some people would find them sexy, depending on what's underneath I guess. I wouldn't class them as lingerie.

I lived in Huntingdale very close to Fountain Way for the entire period 1988 to 1998. I had women's clothing stolen off my line in 1988.

I think it's quite significant that 33 Fountain Way is blocked on Google Street View. The property was vacant in 1983 and built on some years later. That stretch of street contained a house full of 'bogans' who I believe were responsible for a small crime-wave in the area - and may well have included Edwards. I'm pretty sure the bogan house was 33 Fountain but could have been up to 27 (it was 28 years ago so memories fade)

Whenever info that might relate to BRE suddenly disappears or cannot be found I just tend to feel confirmation that whatever disappeared is relevant to his case.:thinking:

My opinion only.

Same as what my dad told me re: security. He also took a redundancy package a couple of years before the Karrakatta rape.

I remember going to the Wellington St Exchange (the big one in Perth city) around about 1990 and I remember the numbered keypad at the door. Not sure if all small, suburban exchanges would have upgraded from keys to electronic security by '95 ...but it would definitely have been on the way.

Just my opinion.
You're might be right, because I've seen the odd person or two going into the Forrestfield and Maddington exchanges since Sunday trading started and I thus drove passed them often

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Oh, Gawd no. A kimono was just a light weight dressing gown that you'd wear over PJ's or nightie. Long sleeved and quite modest, but there were "shortie" kimonos that were kind of ugly, hardly sexy. Fancy ones were pure silk and hand embroidered, most were inexpensive rayon and machine embroidered. They were popular because they were colourful, comfortable and fairly cheap. I suppose some people would find them sexy, depending on what's underneath I guess. I wouldn't class them as lingerie.

He may have just grabbed it because it was white (would have been visible on the clothes line at night, if that's where he stole it from), large enough to wipe himself on or cover his victim's head with and yet thin and flexible enough to ball up into a tightish bundle and carry.

Just thoughts.

Is there any info re the school attended by the former partner of BRE? Wondering whether he may have known the girls casually via a link to his partner?

He may have just grabbed it because it was white (would have been visible on the clothes line at night, if that's where he stole it from), large enough to wipe himself on or cover his victim's head with and yet thin and flexible enough to ball up into a tightish bundle and carry.

Just thoughts.

This all makes sense.

This borrowed Vista laptop and crappy Testra internet is driving me 12 types of crazy. Happy new year Murderinos!

Have you not seen that BE has shown a strong interest (online) with GPS locations as far back as 1999?

It has also been discussed at length the possibility of two dump sites forming a line which dissects Claremont being less than 1% probability.

These two points alone are enough to suggest the sites were pre-planned.

I wouldn't be surprised if the prosecution use these points above as further supporting evidence to link the murders and BE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wasn't that Phantomm who talked about the line?

For leading to the arrest of a man who has already been arrested you mean?

Yes just wondering if there was any other crucial evidence/information that came to light besides the DNA we obviously won't hear about that at this time.

Yes just wondering if there was any other crucial evidence/information that came to light besides the DNA we obviously won't hear about that at this time.

To make the arrest they're confident they can convict. You wouldn't get the money I'd say. If you're saying maybe someone dobbed him in and gave him up previously then yes they'll get the cash.

If that's the same SM I also found on fb with her family in her profile photo then I once knew one of her sons. The son's dad was/is a Telstra technician. Haven't seen them in around 15 years though.

How did anyone make a link from EC being SM? I have had a look but it doesnt give anything away to be able to confirm this other than city they are in. I'm just confused how it got linked.

To make the arrest they're confident they can convict. You wouldn't get the money I'd say. If you're saying maybe someone dobbed him in and gave him up previously then yes they'll get the cash.

Jilted ex wife for example?

Just thoughts.

pearly white also...sorry I went there :shame::truce:

Happy New Year Sleuthers!! :happydance:

How did anyone make a link from EC being SM? I have had a look but it doesnt give anything away to be able to confirm this other than city they are in. I'm just confused how it got linked.

Surely, EC's Facebook friends would include at least one with a Surname of "C******", if the post article that triggered of who BRE's previous partners was, had a bona fide surname.

The SM on Facebook that I assume is being suggested might be BRE's ex from long ago, does not appear to meet my above suggested criteria.

Thanks SgtPep, Papatoetoe does this get a bell rung with this info

Not particularly, The house was non-descript. As I mentioned, it may have been the bogan house. And I recall there was a problem with its back fence which took a bit of time to get in place.

If it's the place I'm thinking of there were some young blokes in cheap and flash cars living there. Not the best neighbours and pretty certainly the base for a local crime-wave.

Oh - and the wife thinks the Kimono may have been hers. But I have no recollection one way or the other.

I've put myself in the girls shoes over and over again and have asked myself what would make me get in the car with someone I don't know (based on the concept that they willingly got in). I'm super aware of my surroundings and don't trust anyone and I can confidently say I'd never get in a car with anyone. However, my partner said you would absolutely get in a car with someone if they were distressed and appeared to need help. For instance, if someone pulled up beside me hysterical asking for directions to a hospital etc, I'd probably jump in and offer directions with little thought. It's like good old Ted Bundy back in the day and praying on the goodness of girls to assist him with carrying things to his car while pretending he had a broken arm or leg.

It's just a thought, as I consider myself to be quite intelligent and these women all seemed like smart girls too. Maybe he played to their caring side and managed to get them in the car that way.

That is a great point. I had just finished reading a detailed FBI report based on 232 serial killers, The ruse/con approach is the most common method of abduction at about 65% with blitz attack in 2nd at about 17.5% based on stats your theory could be true, based on his history that lends more towards blitz, but could have been different styles for different girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail