Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
So nobody can help?
Here is a link to the post by Merlin Black.
https://m.facebook.com/9NewsPerth/posts/1112443918767767
Just a few questions, the original and edited post are dated 29th of March but is positioned between posts dated October 2015.So how would you find the date it was posted?
What was BRE's fathers name?
Does anybody know more about this fb post?
To me it reads like it was written in a different language and then 'translated' (terribly!) into English by an online program. Or an attempt to make it seem that way ...

Does anyone have any idea what nationality BE might be? He has dark hair and olive skin.
My daughter thinks me might be Serbian or Yugoslav. We're just curious.

small version of the photo can be found in Paper's original post:

07ab0964996db8a049a93233471ef317.jpg

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...8#post12396408

Peter Kurten said the photo was sourced from Newspix.com, though I can't find it.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...7#post12402387Hi and thanks to all that replied to my previous posts on Julie Cutler, (I think).

Firstly, thanks for posting the above thumbnails of JC's crushed car. I have not seen these before. They could be a close up snip from the picture I have seen, which show a wider view with the ocean in the background. If anyone has this picture could they please post it? It shows the flat ocean and large band of sand on the day the car was recovered. I am still looking myself, as well.

However these thumbnails in the above post show the extent of the damage with the roof crushed almost down to the window sills. Where are mythbusters when you need them? We have recently had three cars retrieved from the Swan river or marina after being driven into the water and although there was one fatality, with a woman found inside, there was no car damage on any.

If the car was driven onto the sand down the ramp infront of the old Cottesloe SLSC boatshed (now where Indiana is) and if it could reach the water without getting bogged, I don't believe this extent of damage would occur.

Others have talked abut tides and currents and being bashed against the groyne, but although there are occasional high tides, and some have been pictured on this site, there wasn't on this day. I remember it clearly, and being struck with disbelief and as the wide angle photo will hopefully show.

The first thing we were taught in basic coastal navigation theory is that Perth is one of the few, if not only places in the world that has only one high and one low tide a day. This means very little tidal movement. There are a couple of days a year where there are 2 high and 2 low tides and if this matches with the moon phases and a rough swell you can get water up to the boat ramp at Cott.

We had a very high tide recently at Sculptures by the sea on Cott beach, and the sculptures had to be moved. It happens maybe once or twice a year. I am still trying to find the larger photo of the JC's car on the beach after being retrieved that I saw posted on web slueths which shows normal sand width and calm ocean.

Secondly, the police have always suggested they thought the car was driven off the groyne. They acknowledged there was no body inside. I think they suggested this as it may have explained the damage occurring if the car flipped and landed on the rocks off the groyne then jumped up and landed in the water on its roof. Like I said, where is mythbusters when you need them?

The gryone has been reconstructed since 1988, and has bigger blocks of rock now that would definitely prevent any car from entering the water from there. Until the reconstruction, I don't believe there was any access to the groyne, other than driving on the sand, which I don’t think was possible for 2WD. Some posters have said our sand is hard, I disagree, ask some of the SLSC beach sprinters, we have some of the softest white sand in Australia.
Then, if your managed to get the car onto the groyne, how would you get a driverless car to accelerate and leap the rocks, which were still high, land on the roof and still enter the ocean and not be seen or heard? It seems that the car was noticed, still with its lights on an estimated 2 hours after entering the water.

Were there floodlights, I still think so but probably turned off at a certain time? I think the main point is what would cause that extensive damage to JC's car?

IMO I give it 0% driving into the ocean, 5% driverless off the groyne.

There has to be another way and looking at this with fresh eyes and trying to keep an open mind. I'm suggesting the car was taken to Cott by some sort of water vessel.

Was a crusher involved to get the car to fit? Was it dropped from a height on rock or concrete?

Do the vessels involved in laying the undersea cables in 1987 and 1988 play a part? Was BRE involved in this project? It seems he was familiar with boats, did he have access to any?

Were they kept in Freo or Garden Island?
Or did they come from Rockingham where it quieter or was that a vessel large enough in the above videos said to be a vessel by Stirling bridge??

Does anyone have any idea what nationality BE might be? He has dark hair and olive skin.
My daughter thinks me might be Serbian or Yugoslav. We're just curious.

Does BRE have a flat spot on rear top part of his skull?? Lol

small version of the photo can be found in Paper's original post:

07ab0964996db8a049a93233471ef317.jpg

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...8#post12396408

Peter Kurten said the photo was sourced from Newspix.com, though I can't find it.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...7#post12402387Hi and thanks to all that replied to my previous posts on Julie Cutler, (I think).

Firstly, thanks for posting the above thumbnails of JC's crushed car. I have not seen these before. They could be a close up snip from the picture I have seen, which show a wider view with the ocean in the background. If anyone has this picture could they please post it? It shows the flat ocean and large band of sand on the day the car was recovered. I am still looking myself, as well.

However these thumbnails in the above post show the extent of the damage with the roof crushed almost down to the window sills. Where are mythbusters when you need them? We have recently had three cars retrieved from the Swan river or marina after being driven into the water and although there was one fatality, with a woman found inside, there was no car damage on any.

If the car was driven onto the sand down the ramp infront of the old Cottesloe SLSC boatshed (now where Indiana is) and if it could reach the water without getting bogged, I don't believe this extent of damage would occur.

Others have talked abut tides and currents and being bashed against the groyne, but although there are occasional high tides, and some have been pictured on this site, there wasn't on this day. I remember it clearly, and being struck with disbelief and as the wide angle photo will hopefully show.

The first thing we were taught in basic coastal navigation theory is that Perth is one of the few, if not only places in the world that has only one high and one low tide a day. This means very little tidal movement. There are a couple of days a year where there are 2 high and 2 low tides and if this matches with the moon phases and a rough swell you can get water up to the boat ramp at Cott.

We had a very high tide recently at Sculptures by the sea on Cott beach, and the sculptures had to be moved. It happens maybe once or twice a year. I am still trying to find the larger photo of the JC's car on the beach after being retrieved that I saw posted on web slueths which shows normal sand width and calm ocean.

Secondly, the police have always suggested they thought the car was driven off the groyne. They acknowledged there was no body inside. I think they suggested this as it may have explained the damage occurring if the car flipped and landed on the rocks off the groyne then jumped up and landed in the water on its roof. Like I said, where is mythbusters when you need them?

The gryone has been reconstructed since 1988, and has bigger blocks of rock now that would definitely prevent any car from entering the water from there. Until the reconstruction, I don't believe there was any access to the groyne, other than driving on the sand, which I don’t think was possible for 2WD. Some posters have said our sand is hard, I disagree, ask some of the SLSC beach sprinters, we have some of the softest white sand in Australia.
Then, if your managed to get the car onto the groyne, how would you get a driverless car to accelerate and leap the rocks, which were still high, land on the roof and still enter the ocean and not be seen or heard? It seems that the car was noticed, still with its lights on an estimated 2 hours after entering the water.

Were there floodlights, I still think so but probably turned off at a certain time? I think the main point is what would cause that extensive damage to JC's car?

IMO I give it 0% driving into the ocean, 5% driverless off the groyne.

There has to be another way and looking at this with fresh eyes and trying to keep an open mind. I'm suggesting the car was taken to Cott by some sort of water vessel.

Was a crusher involved to get the car to fit? Was it dropped from a height on rock or concrete?

Do the vessels involved in laying the undersea cables in 1987 and 1988 play a part? Was BRE involved in this project? It seems he was familiar with boats, did he have access to any?

Were they kept in Freo or Garden Island?
Or did they come from Rockingham where it quieter or was that a vessel large enough in the above videos said to be a vessel by Stirling bridge??

Excellent Post and good to see the Cutler Mystery getting the attention it deserves.
IMO this crime is undoubtedly when Perths CSK stepped up into the big time of abduction/murder for the first time, and probably went very very close to getting caught at it.
The crime should have been front page news on "The Western Australian" newspaper for a full week in an effort to bring people forward regarding what they may have witnessed at Cottesloe in those early morning hours, and also out around the deserted back roads of suburban Perth in the days immediately prior.
Because there is a possibility that the damage to the cars roof ,and it ending up in the ocean are two entirely distinct and seperate events-ie the damage to the roof was done in a rollover out on some lonely back track well before it ended up in the surf in a determined event to erase forensic evidence-particulary on the backseat.
A panicked young offender driving back from disposing of a body on a sandy back track could quite easily flip an unfamiliar small car onto its roof...then possibly with some assistance rock it back onto its wheels and continue driving back to Perth,hiding it in a garage or under a tarp for a day,then disposing of it in the sea in the following early morning hours using any one of the methods you suggest.
Cars of that era were built tough-they had four strong pillars and didnt crumble upon impact like modern vehicles.
IMO after JC . the CSK laid low for a couple of years , until absolutely sure that he had gotten away with this heinous crime, then, emboldened that he could outsmart WAPOL, he resumed, with the opportunistic abduction of KT.-using his own car.

As one of the FBI profilers observed of the CSK...killing machines like this guy don't just drop out of the sky one day.....they evolve over time.
All just my opinion and theory.

When you think about it, if a telephone technician can fix a telephone they can probably disable one too. Perhaps BE purposely broke the ones near the hotel so the girls would walk to the more secluded phone booths and just waited there. In those days not everyone had a mobile phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea