Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, first time poster. I did notice the following claim in that long, rambling web link:
"...which is similar to the items that Western Australia Police officer Con Bayers, who was the former head of the prostitution task-force said he found in Donald Morey's Commodore Holden car boot driving through Northbridge, Perth, Western Australia, that looked liked and unmarked police car."
A claim, not a proven fact obviously. Just flagging it as the 'boot lined man' has been discussed on numerous occasions. Cheers.

Jowa , i wonder if this one of the articles you want to read ?

http://awn.bz/site/mobile?url=http://awn.bz/CSK_websleuths_2.html#2714
-----------------------------------

Hi Canning Vale, as you have mentioned looking at some historic cases i recall this one was very interesting as it does cover some of the claremont case and procedure relating to the macro taskforce operations regarding dna / claremont murders . Things about the dna knowledge at the time and the horrific sex assault in Scarborough perth (dixie).

These are the face identikits of mark dixie seen in the documentary

https://youtu.be/Idh0IAXhPVs

281cfedcfe3a1e33f01baf56a3d592bf.jpg
6ddee09412d7c4dc466abf9cdd7a56d5.jpg

Meticulous,
Many thanks for the identikits and info which I'll read. I've read a bit about Mark Dixie, how he'd been working within the Claremont area as a kitchen hand/chef. Apparently he was tall (6ft 3") and was from the U.K. That's a similar height to BRE and short, dark hair too. Mark Dixie wasn't in WA for very long and would have spoken with a strong English accent.

Hi all, first time poster. I did notice the following claim in that long, rambling web link:
"...which is similar to the items that Western Australia Police officer Con Bayers, who was the former head of the prostitution task-force said he found in Donald Morey's Commodore Holden car boot driving through Northbridge, Perth, Western Australia, that looked liked and unmarked police car."
A claim, not a proven fact obviously. Just flagging it as the 'boot lined man' has been discussed on numerous occasions. Cheers.

EvieBear,

Welcome to the forum....
:wagon:

Jowa , i wonder if this one of the articles you want to read ?

http://awn.bz/site/mobile?url=http://awn.bz/CSK_websleuths_2.html#2714
-----------------------------------

Hi Canning Vale, as you have mentioned looking at some historic cases i recall this one was very interesting as it does cover some of the claremont case and procedure relating to the macro taskforce operations regarding dna / claremont murders . Things about the dna knowledge at the time and the horrific sex assault in Scarborough perth (dixie).

These are the face identikits of mark dixie seen in the documentary

https://youtu.be/Idh0IAXhPVs

281cfedcfe3a1e33f01baf56a3d592bf.jpg
6ddee09412d7c4dc466abf9cdd7a56d5.jpg

Thanks meticulously, you are always a wealth of information. I am not able to open the link, is it possible for a screenshot please. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What about Eftpos transactions, they'd prove someone was at the hotel on the nights in question. The hotel would have needed to retain Eftpos receipts for taxation purposes. Surly the police would have seized them at the time. What about an ATM in the actual hotel?

Now that they have BREs bank account details the bank can produce historical statements which will show what areas he's been at, on specific days.

Also, Telstra possibly supplied some staff with credit cards for fuel purchases or a Star card, which would reveal if he had fueled-up within the vicinity. Even if Telstra hasn't got the statements, the banks should be able to produce them.

There must be something which puts him at the scene. These are only in my opinion.

It is theoretically possible, IMO but I doubt someone planning to murder a patron would use anything other than cash - if they were there at all

Last yea
r or the year before I went to a shop on its opening day and they said that the EFTPOS machines didn't work. The lady said they had to do stuff manually. I was quite amused by them bringing out the old metal credit card machines that imprinted the credit card details onto some carbon paper and ringing up to verify my details. I could have gone to the ATM to get the money out but it was all too amusing.

Ha! hilarious. This has all been quite nostalgic.

Evidently, familial DNA
can be obtained from a pap smear. That’s how long-term serial killer Dennis Lynn Rader was proven guilty.

From the 1970s to the 1990s, Dennis Rader the "BTK Killer"— which stands for "bind, torture, and kill"— terrorized the Wichita, Kansas area. In 2005, he was finally caught and revealed to be a seemingly average married father of two.
Despite the extensive circumstantial evidence, police needed more concrete proof. In a controversial move, the police obtained DNA from Rader’s daughter’s pap smear. The DNA matched evidence found under the fingernails of a BTK victim. With the combined DNA evidence and Rader’s twisted letters, police were able to make an arrest.
http://www.biography.com/people/dennis-rader-241487

WAs Department of Health manages a pap smear registry, I don't suppose the police can access this database.

http://ww2.health.wa.gov.au/About-us
Absolutely NOT. Besides there would be much simpler, less intrusive ways. A number of threads ago discussion centred around DNA perhaps from relative charged with an offence

Ive been listening without hearing for a long time it seems & not quick enough clearly for an extended view. Oh, dear!! QUOTE=MyLeftFoot;13369531]That's for you to speculate on no name![/QUOTE]

Innerchild - Is this a copy of the article from the post you're looking for? Sourced here in WS Threads. Link to post article broken long ago.

Serial killer net tightens
Detectives are making progress in their bid to solve WA’s most baffling and sen-sational murder mystery, the Claremont serial killings.

Very promising leads have convinced senior police that the apparently un-solvable crimes that traumatised the western suburbs 19 years ago may now be solved.A team of 12 detectives, sepa-rate from the original Macro task forces, has been commit-ted to the inquiry over the past three years.They have have narrowed their focus to other, possibly related non-fatal crimes and to new forensic evidence after an exhaustive review of the case, including hundreds of interviews. Three young women disap-peared late on three separate nights from Claremont after visiting central Claremont nightspots in the mid-1990s, the victims of horrific crimes. Two were found murdered and the third is presumed to have met the same fate.WA’s biggest and most expen-sive investigation followed, but it is now a very different inquiry with a different focus, the POST has been told.The focus has moved away from taxis and Lance Williams, the innocent Cottesloe public servant who once absorbed the vast bulk of police resources but led to dead ends.Police now do not believe any of the three women got into a vehicle voluntarily but was subject to a blitz attack. These separate incidents were by the same person. The motive was sexual.It is now accepted that the early, intense focus on Mr Williams dis-tracted them from the significance of other clues that might have pointed to the real murderer in the early days.Police were inundated at the time with calls about possibly related abduction attempts and suspicious behaviour around the Claremont entertainment precinct.But as the POST has previ-ously reported, these were given scant attention because police could not connect them to Mr Williams.The dismissed reports that might not have appeared signifi-cant at the time are now being revisited, with promising leads.Other incidents may have gone unreported.International criminologists say each massive investigation pro-duces one person, and sometimes more than one, who appears to fit, but who in reality had nothing to do with the crime.The re-investigation has completed interviews and re-interviews, eliminating 10,000 “persons of interest”, includ-ing two men whose lives were severely damaged when their names became public during early inquiries.These were Mr Williams and former Claremont mayor Peter Weygers, who are no longer of interest to police investigating the murders.Police are now focusing on scientific lines of inquiry plus related “precursor” crimes in the western suburbs leading up to the murders, ranging from house break-ins to attempted abductions.

Police have not identified the murderer but are now tar-geting high-priority persons of interest “based on a number of factors”.The Special Crime Squad has identified and prioritised the remaining persons of interest after reviewing Macro’s 65,000 files while conducting interviews and re-interviews, which are still continuing.Squad members have made more than seven trips to the UK to take advantage of the most recent breakthroughs in DNA analysis, using a private forensic science company.One of its founders, Dr Jonathan Whitaker, a senior fo-rensic scientist, has visited Perth and worked on the Claremont case.In UK cases Dr Whitaker has used familial techniques to track down the culprits of unsolved murders up to 30 years old, with one-in-a-billion accuracy.Familial DNA testing depends on the fact that each human gets half his or her DNA from each parent, and share a chunk of that DNA with other blood relatives.Police believe that by using some of the best scientists in the world and samples col-lected back in the 1990s, they can crack the case, but remain tight-lipped about the latest scientific results.They are hoping to use new computer software that com-pares the long strings of num-bers generated by DNA profiling results, an operation now done manually.Police do not believe at this stage of the inquiry that a coro-ner’s inquest into the deaths of the three young women would achieve anything.They are optimistic that by the end of this year there will be more concrete developments.Officers have been frustrated in following thousands of “low-quality” leads, but have inves-tigated each one.Information can be provided to police via Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000

Thanks no name for posting them. My laptop and done a few flips reading them. It was good to see a picture of a car that looked like a car not like the square box that was copied from the video. A few things I noticed from the articles. The fiat mentioned in 1 of the articles is fairly specific being a 1963 2 tone Fiat 125 sedan.

JC worked room Service 6 - 10. I am assuming the party started before then. She changed 10pm into a black evening gown high necked collar with gold buttons on the right lapel. Black shoes and Black stockings.

http://www.news.com.au/news/vanishe...g/news-story/1f9da6564bf58fdfb6f6532c5e7b5d2f
The black stockings were found with the uniform but it doesn't mention the shoes. If Julie went to the cafe after the function maybe she did take them off. If she was intending on going somewhere else afterwards then she would probably keep them on since she was dressed up IMO.
------
Two promising reports checked by detectives came to nothing.

One was that a beach-front resident at Cottesloe had heard a screen on the Monday morning Miss Cutler left the Parmelia function.

That turned out to be a brawl involving young people.

The detectives have now established that the woman on the Ansett Pioneer bus was a blonde not a brunette. She was also smoking heavily and drinking beer.

Miss Cutler did not smoke and was not a regular beer drinker.
---
Maybe if there were young people around having a brawl perhaps drinking maybe they also took a car down the groyne.

The car door being open and front window being open does hint at someone even solo driving and getting out the door.

One of the articles from 9 July 2000 also mentions a CSK suspect assumingly LW's seemingly loose connection of them both being at WAIT in 1983 and 1984 perhaps doing a psychology unit together with LW denying knowing her.

I'm a bit late to the conversation, but what article(s) did this info come from? Thanks!

...September 1985 - Prowling at Southern River near Richard Rushton Comm Centre (ie along river pathway). Riding bicycle, either after school or after sporting sessions. Several incidents reported to police, thus police commence searching for perpetrator described as being tall, with short dark hair who wore glasses...

RSBM. Where's this info from?

IMO I don't think BRE will ever talk, but if he is found guilty, having a real life serial killer imprisoned would be fascinating.... If only one could read minds...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Sutton, We had a conversation about this some pages ago. The car year or description changed about 3 times with inital reports. 1963 was the initial year of the car in one of the first newspaper reports with probably transcription error, it should have been 1968 Fiat 125. There were no 1963 Fiat 125's. The last report printed with photos was 1968 Fiat 125.

I'm a bit late to the conversation, but what article(s) did this info come from? Thanks!

Thanks meticulously, you are always a wealth of information. I am not able to open the link, is it possible for a screenshot please. Thanks.

Hi Jowa , sorry but i dont understand,
a screen shot of what ?
The link opens, just checked it now myself

Thanks for that find eviebear .
Although unsubstantiated evidence that is still interesting nonetheless

Absolutely NOT. Besides there would be much simpler, less intrusive ways. A number of threads ago discussion centred around DNA perhaps from relative charged with an offence

Justified,
Many thanks for the response.

Hi Jowa , sorry but i dont understand,
a screen shot of what ?
The link opens, just checked it now myself

I keep getting this, am I doing something wrong? I am using the Tapatalk app on an iPad.
99ffffd359af7982426883c916bd0a01.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members