Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

Can someone please advise how I can upload my self portrait (shown here) into a signature that appears at bottom of every post?
I can't seem to find it!
(Must be that damn sheet over my head that covers my eyes!!!)
FYI, I like my current avatar, so E won't be moving.

Attachments

49 KB · Views: 196
That would be grounds for dismissal in most jobs...returning to your workplace after a night out (intoxicated) to sleep it off. By all accounts she loved her job. If she wanted to crash, she would just go home.

Just to clarify the sleeping over..... I meant that if JR couldn't get a taxi, perhaps thought could stay there to be safe. As JR worked in that street she may have been confident enough to venture there. Also, wouldn't have headed toward a secluded area if thought someone was following. Part of the route from the hotel to Government Rd is past Rowe Park. Another victim was taken from there, but possibly unbeknownst to JR.

attachment.php

Can someone please advise how I can upload my self portrait (shown here) into a signature that appears at bottom of every post?
I can't seem to find it!
(Must be that damn sheet over my head that covers my eyes!!!)
FYI, I like my current avatar, so E won't be moving.

1. Settings (this start page on top to the right, besides "My profile")
2. Signature (left side)
3. Right side you place your text and pic.
4. For the pic you have to upload "Signature pic" below text.
5. Save and leave, go back to your thread.
6. Start a little text to post/reply and prove, if your signature pic appears.
7. Yes, there it is! :drumroll:

Just to clarify the sleeping over..... I meant that if JR couldn't get a taxi, perhaps thought could stay there to be safe. As JR worked in that street she may have been confident enough to venture there. Also, wouldn't have headed toward a secluded area if thought someone was following. Part of the route from the hotel to Government Rd is past Rowe Park. Another victim was taken from there, but possibly unbeknownst to JR.

Unlikely. The possible sightings of JR walking are unconfirmed. JR was waiting for someone that night but not necessarily someone she already knew. Difficult to comment on some behaviours without it appearing a moral judgement on the person.

Hello, Spooks-R-Us!

Please click "Insert Signature Pic" to the right where your ghost is hovering after you have uploaded the gif.
(Never had a gif as a signature but I just tried as you will see below: your ghost is hovering very well! Although he will disappear forever as soon as I delete the gif - so I will wait a few hours with doing this.)

Unlikely. The possible sightings of JR walking are unconfirmed. JR was waiting for someone that night but not necessarily someone she already knew. Difficult to comment on some behaviours without it appearing a moral judgement on the person.

Mid 90s not 50s. Everyone had the occasional one night stand, some of us even went on to marry a one night stand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would a Telstra technician need to liaise with someone from a council depot?
The Nedlands Council would need a Telstra technician to install new phone points and take out old ones back then. And when the Cottesloe Council depot at the Quarry was changed to just a storage Depot, they probably have the technicians the keys to the gate to remove the phone lines I'd guess.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

The Nedlands Council would need a Telstra technician to install new phone points and take out old ones back then. And when the Cottesloe Council depot at the Quarry was changed to just a storage Depot, they probably have the technicians the keys to the gate to remove the phone lines I'd guess.

Petedavo,

Thanks for that. After looking on Google Earth there's a lot of new houses in that area, which would require the laying of new cables. The government authorities sometimes work together on the laying of services, and especially Telstra because optic fibre is really delicate and sometimes needs to be hand dug - I learned that at the WC. I wonder if a techie would be involved in any of that type of work.

People might have their guard down if they met someone they were acquainted with, like a bloke from next door to their workplace, even though they don't really know them, but just to say hi to, their street smarts could fly out the window if offered a lift home.

Petedavo,

Thanks for that. After looking on Google Earth there's a lot of new houses in that area, which would require the laying of new cables. The government authorities sometimes work together on the laying of services, and especially Telstra because optic fibre is really delicate and sometimes needs to be hand dug - I learned that at the WC. I wonder if a techie would be involved in any of that type of work.
In 1988, the quarry was a long way off from being sold to developers. The Cottesloe Council minutes at the time show that the had rejected a possible buyer for the old Quarry, which they were just using for storage of lawnmowers, which means it still had at least one shed on it, but no longer had a office and employees. The minutes show that they wanted a developer to buy it as they wanted more money. It didn't eventually sell until only a few years ago. I noticed on Google Earth that quite a bit of earthworks went into the site and the limestone cliffs were covered over.
But in 1988 it would've been a bit of a dark spooky place on a weekend at night, if one had a key to the gate.

Councils and Keys just reminded me of something. Councils have roadside reserves and parks nowadays with bollards to prevent hoons from driving on them or parking in them. However they need to be mowed, trees lopped and services need access when working on sewers, water pipes, phones lines and access for police for setting up speed cameras etc. There's usually a gate with a padlock to allow access for these purposes.
I once had a job in late 1990's that involved one of these activities, and now remember being told that one of the keys issued to me for the job was a master key that worked on all these council gates. It also opened the carpark at the then workplace. I only ever used it to access McCallum Park in South Perth to do some traffic compliance surveillance on the Canning Highway off ramp. The key worked as described. I'm now wondering if all council and state government gates, such as Karrakatta Cemetery used the same locks, maybe even Telstra depots and exchanges. I always wondered how Police, SES and fire brigade vehicles gained access to the tracks at Perth Airport and Kings Park for emergency exercises or fires, so maybe everyone used the same lock?

Note. These so called council master keys probably wouldn't open buildings, just access gates.

Councils and Keys just reminded me of something. Councils have roadside reserves and parks nowadays with bollards to prevent hoons from driving on them or parking in them. However they need to be mowed, trees lopped and services need access when working on sewers, water pipes, phones lines and access for police for setting up speed cameras etc. There's usually a gate with a padlock to allow access for these purposes.
I once had a job in late 1990's that involved one of these activities, and now remember being told that one of the keys issued to me for the job was a master key that worked on all these council gates. It also opened the carpark at the then workplace. I only ever used it to access McCallum Park in South Perth to do some traffic compliance surveillance on the Canning Highway off ramp. The key worked as described. I'm now wondering if all council and state government gates, such as Karrakatta Cemetery used the same locks, maybe even Telstra depots and exchanges. I always wondered how Police, SES and fire brigade vehicles gained access to the tracks at Perth Airport and Kings Park for emergency exercises or fires, so maybe everyone used the same lock?

Note. These so called council master keys probably wouldn't open buildings, just access gates.

Interesting what you've mentioned about the master keys available. At the WC there was a register for bi-lock keys and certain employees and management had specific keys. There were different colours which meant a different level of access. For example, a certain colour for WC gates, and a higher level of access for management and then a higher level again for the police and emergency services. The police and FESA may share the same type of key. Bi-lock keys have a distinctive feature.

I always wondered what the screen printing link was. Well done for clarifying the possible link. Could also explain the later unconfirmed sighting of JR on Stirling Hwy by 4 people in car who thought of stopping to pick her up, as being very drunk. She could have been very drugged as her last sighting on surveillance she did not seem drunk at all and had left the Conti without drinking anymore for some time at that stage.
If she was picked up by someone she met at Conti and taken to 60 Government Rd where she was subdued with BDO, then somehow escaped (half hour between leaving Conti and Stirling Hwy sighting) There were reports of a struggle, gold chain and wiring diagrams in notebooks found by owner some time later.(Post 7th Jan pg 5). Looking at the surveillance tapes for JP there seemed to be more than one person interacting. One could have dropped unsuspecting others off home while she was being subdued. If this sighting was confirmed seemed she was then picked up on Stirling Hwy by her killer again. Just my opinion.
You're on the money there. 1-4 Butanediol (aka BDO) is used in print inks and turns to GHB when ingested

Here is a former member of this site with an amazing knowledge of colours and printing. Was there a printing business in the family?
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ller-1996-1997-Perth-Western-Australia/page15
01-25-2015, 08:44 PM#218
What I think crabs is on about is angles to the girls locations & bearing points on a compass to there. Then they link this to printing ink due to the ink on rope clue. Then they also link this to the iona/come ancestry of the girls names. Hence the Irish background. A long shot indeed which will amount to zip imo. BTW Pantone inks are used when you need the colour not to vary at all. On say a magazine when you have a photo to print you usually use the 4 colour process; Magenta (red) Cyan (blue) yellow & black. The photo is scanned & colours are separated into the 4 main primarys (primarys for printing that is) So each printing plate has all the pixels,half dots etc (image) on it for the colour needed to make a photo image when all 4 plates are in total registration with each other.The plates are totally smooth & are chemically treated so each of the 4 plates with the image on it are treated so it will accept ink & not water. The parts of the plate which you do not want ink on, well that area is treated so it will accept water & not ink. The plate is on a cylinder. Multiple rollers transfer the ink from the ink duct to the plate when water ( with additives) is also applied. The image is transferred onto a rubber blanket, also on a cylinder. Then it will appear reversed. It is then transferred to the plain sheet of paper or cardboard. There is a 3rd cylinder. This is the impression cylinder to keep pressure on the sheet as it goes thru the cylinders. All 3 cyls are above each other. Now when the 4 colour process is used to print a colour photo it varies quite a bit as you run the job & you have to juggle the ink keys quite a bit to keep the colour steady. This was done manually years ago. Even used today but most machines now you just key in how much ink to be released onto the ink rollers from across the ink duct what you need for how much ink is needed across the plate.Now as said 4 colour process varies a lot plus you have to stop catch up (ink on non image areas of the paper) plus water marks on the image due to too much water applied. It is a balancing process for ink/water on the plate & also keeping the colour tones steady. Plus the plate image has to stay steady. It does usually. When you see news articles on Reserve Bank changes on tv often you see a feed table with sheets of multi up $100 notes running down the feed table. The sheet goes into a front lay & is then pulled into a sidelay. This is so for any possible next processes on another machine, even guillotining after so they all can use a sidelay on the same side.Or knock up side for guillotining. This is so the sheet knocks up (pulls over) & everyone can keep the image in the exact spot they want for their process in the factory on the machine they are using. Now Pantone colours are used if you don`t want colour variation as happens with 4 colour process printing. You buy the 1 kg tins (or more) all made up. Sometimes if you don`t have the correct colour you can make up a batch by weighing how much you need & mix it up with an ink knife or a mixer. The PMS book says how much grams you need of each ink to mix. Some pantone inks are used when you need bold steady inks. Gold, pink, silver metallic for example. Metallics are a pain to wash up after when taking ink out of the ducts & washing up the rollers, plates & blankets. Now would CSK lay someone down on a compass angle line, to link to a PMS colour, to link to a tradie, to link to ancestry of a victim, on a hot summers night is an extremely long shot indeed. I would love to read the odds on that. Of all the Sk`s in the world I wouldn`t have read of one who has gone to an extreme like this. 100% certain this hasn`t happened here.

I always wondered what the screen printing link was. Well done for clarifying the possible link. Could also explain the later unconfirmed sighting of JR on Stirling Hwy by 4 people in car who thought of stopping to pick her up, as being very drunk. She could have been very drugged as her last sighting on surveillance she did not seem drunk at all and had left the Conti without drinking anymore for some time at that stage.
If she was picked up by someone she met at Conti and taken to 60 Government Rd where she was subdued with BDO, then somehow escaped (half hour between leaving Conti and Stirling Hwy sighting) There were reports of a struggle, gold chain and wiring diagrams in notebooks found by owner some time later.(Post 7th Jan pg 5). Looking at the surveillance tapes for JP there seemed to be more than one person interacting. One could have dropped unsuspecting others off home while she was being subdued. If this sighting was confirmed seemed she was then picked up on Stirling Hwy by her killer again. Just my opinion.

In the surveillance video JR was very much capable. It seems a bit like the perp. enjoys a cat and mouse game, like he enjoys the hunting part. Referring back to the abduction and escapes of the drive-in scenario, where the girl escaped a couple of times but the perp. kept on going after her. Bearing in mind he's such a strong man. Perhaps he has an ailment which impedes him, like the problem with the foot, people have suggested.

These are just my own thoughts and opinions.

Section of text from Debi Marshall's book describing the KK attack and also Claremont golf course attack in same year.

RE the Claremont golf course attack - there is a similar MO in regards to stripping the victim of clothes - if there is any connection to the CSK at all, how does the taxi come into this?

attachment.php

Attachments

• rape-csk-railway-line.jpg
    rape-csk-railway-line.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 248
Back in my day, this key, I remember in the 1990's that opened all the padlocks on all the council reserve gates was a standard everyday type of Lockwood key. Glad they're now bi-locks. It would make it much harder now-a-days for an someone who has one to slip down to Bunnings and make up a few dozen copies.

Can anyone make out the type of padlock on the gates to the old quarry in the second google street view screen capture?

Some pics from Google of the old Cottesloe Quarry showing limestone cliffs (now filled in and subdivided for housing)
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Can anyone make out the type of padlock on the gates to the old quarry in the second google street view screen capture?

I've enlarged it but can't see it properly. It looks as though it's a bit of chain which could be cut very easily. Perhaps, initially, there wasn't a gate on the quarry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member