GUILTY Australia - Colleen Adams, 24, missing since November 1973, husband arrested 2018, died 2021

How handy having a metal bar lying around.
I wonder if that was the first time he'd hit her with it, especially as he said he must have hit her a bit too hard.
It does sound like she's had the metal bar treatment before, poor woman.
I bet the pushing and shoving was all one sided ; )

And she looked like a lovely gentle person.

Cold case murder trial of Geoffrey Adams delayed after two jurors were sidelined with health concerns

The cold case murder trial of South Australian man Geoffrey Adams has hit a delay after two jurors were sidelined, including one awaiting the result of a COVID-19 test.

The daughter of one juror reported symptoms over the weekend and submitted for testing at the suggestion of a doctor, the Supreme Court court heard.

Another juror was last week dismissed after he was caught having lunch with a member of the same team as the prosecutors running the trial.
But Justice Peek said neither of the two prosecutors leading the case were present at the lunch, and it was decided the trial would continue with only 11 jurors.

His trial is set to resume on Tuesday, but the delay will be extended if the COVID test result is not returned.

NoCookies | The Australian

'Ugly spectre of domestic violence' a factor in 1973 alleged murder of Colleen Adams

The "ugly spectre of domestic violence" was a factor in the alleged murder of Colleen Adams on South Australia's Yorke Peninsula in 1973, a Supreme Court jury has heard

Morrisa, I agree domestic violence was a factor in Colleen Adams alleged murder, the husband stated" she provoked me, she started at me for no reason" ( he came late from the pub,IMO this was a man who did whatever he wanted...not a henpecked husband)
I may have hit her too hard...... there had been other times??? He hit Colleen Adams?
He hits her as he admits with an object(self defence/ or lost it,) a lead pipe which just happened to be in the kitchen??? Twice??
If it was an accident, why all the lies.
If the reason was the children, soon as they were adults they he could informed the police but the belittling lies about Colleen lies continued throughout the years
Colleen in my opinion was the victim not him.
I understand Domestic Violence can be both sexes be the abuser even back in the 1970's would had been hard to believe either sex.
It took an incident where I walked in and witnessed a spouse beating up another spouse who down on the ground. What is shocking the beaten up spouse was the husband who stood at six foot, the abuser was his soon to be ex wife who barely reach five foot. Before I witness this, she was telling everyone she was the victim he was the abuser, bad tempered moody Ba****d etc.....
Yes men can be abused spouses as well.
When I looked at this tragic case,Colleen"s Husband pleads not guilty to murder but will admit to Manslaughter. I am not the jury but facts remain......IMO...
Colleen Adams lost her children, her life, her reputation even her dignity in death was taken away.
While her husband states himself as a victim and she was such a cruel terrible person who did not care for her children at all etc.....
Since 1973 he has his life, his reputation, his house, his children.....and done what ever he wants.

Morrisa, I agree domestic violence was a factor in Colleen Adams alleged murder, the husband stated" she provoked me, she started at me for no reason" ( he came late from the pub,IMO this was a man who did whatever he wanted...not a henpecked husband)
I may have hit her too hard...... there had been other times??? He hit Colleen Adams?
He hits her as he admits with an object(self defence/ or lost it,) a lead pipe which just happened to be in the kitchen??? Twice??
If it was an accident, why all the lies.
If the reason was the children, soon as they were adults they he could informed the police but the belittling lies about Colleen lies continued throughout the years
Colleen in my opinion was the victim not him.
I understand Domestic Violence can be both sexes be the abuser even back in the 1970's would had been hard to believe either sex.
It took an incident where I walked in and witnessed a spouse beating up another spouse who down on the ground. What is shocking the beaten up spouse was the husband who stood at six foot, the abuser was his soon to be ex wife who barely reach five foot. Before I witness this, she was telling everyone she was the victim he was the abuser, bad tempered moody Ba****d etc.....
Yes men can be abused spouses as well.
When I looked at this tragic case,Colleen"s Husband pleads not guilty to murder but will admit to Manslaughter. I am not the jury but facts remain......IMO...
Colleen Adams lost her children, her life, her reputation even her dignity in death was taken away.
While her husband states himself as a victim and she was such a cruel terrible person who did not care for her children at all etc.....
Since 1973 he has his life, his reputation, his house, his children.....and done what ever he wants.
I totally agree with you Shadow, the article was the closing remarks from the defense so they would have to play him as the victim. I hope the jury is not swayed by that.

This is hard to believe.

Nearly 47 years after he killed his wife and buried her body in the backyard of their regional South Australian home, a jury has found Geoffrey Adams not guilty of her murder

In a trial lasting seven days, jurors heard the couple had a volatile relationship and Mrs Adams withdrew the money from her savings account in the lead-up to her death.
Geoffrey Adams not guilty of 1973 cold case murder of wife

She took her own money out? Perhaps to leave him and take their children with her?
Quite frankly, that's motive for murder right there!!!
You know in those days, men could walk away with no obligations to support their children, but God forbid if their wives left them and took her own money with her.

She took her own money out? Perhaps to leave him and take their children with her?
Quite frankly, that's motive for murder right there!!!
Not that long ago,maybe 40 years, when I was around 35, I wanted a loan from a bank to buy a business. I had more money in that bank than the loan I had applied for (due to an inheritance) and they refused me. The loan officer asked me why I did not ask my husband for the money or use the money that I had in my account.

Just read through this thread and the articles. So he killed her, dug her grave and buried her, but they find him not guilty of murder? Whaaat???

Will echo what other posters have said. Since she was on antidepressants and withdrew money from her savings account, she apparently deserved to die. What is this @#$@#$!?!! Who the @#$# was on that jury? Is that truly representative of society and culture over there? Like wtf?!!? This is a despicable outcome!

And the articles reporting on it are only speaking from the defense's obviously skewed egregious perspective -- why? The articles seem to be communicating the sentiment, "oh, that woman was depressed and and disturbed and likely a domestic abuser, so her poor victim husband had no choice but to beat her to death and hide her remains and slander her name. He had no choice, poor guy." And then the officers told the killer that admitting he caused her death must have been really hard for him....like they are sympathetic toward the murderer?! WHAT?!

What the @#$@# is wrong with those people?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back