GUILTY Australia - DA, 24, Belgian, Murray Bridge, SA, 9 Feb 2017 *Arrest*

Reaction score
Man charged over alleged sexual assault of tourist in South Australia

"South Australian police say they fear a missing Belgian tourist is being held against her will somewhere in the Murraylands region of the state.

DA, a 24-year-old tourist from Belgium, was last seen leaving tourist accommodation in Adelaide yesterday morning."

For locals - they're saying The Murraylands, possibly Meningie. That's right near Salt Creek.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found safe, as per your link above. Nothing so far on the circumstances, but she was found safe at Murray Bridge, where she left the bus.

Phew. Will be keeping an eye on this, sounds very odd. For the police to say all that in their original statement - I wonder what happened...

https:// m.youtube. com /watch?feature= youtu.be&v=wv1tzZF6IA8

I'm still curious about what happened

Also are youtube clips banned here? Couldn't get it to link. Copy and paste the URL but take out spaces

No Cookies | The Advertiser

Detectives’ worst fears for a missing Belgian tourist were allayed when she was found in a Murray Bridge home...

Insp Hutchins said police had held grave fears for DA's safety but refused to elaborate on whether she had been abducted or gone to the house of her own free will.

“She appears physically unharmed ... and her family has been informed,” he said. “She is speaking with police in relation to yesterday, overnight and today but I can’t elaborate any further.”

Last edited by a moderator:
That is one very lucky girl! As awful as her ordeal must have been for her, to think of the further possibilities is terrifying. As a mother of a daughter of the same age who has backpacked many times around SE Asia, the thought of receiving a message from her saying she is in a situation like this chills me to the bone. I hope she comes through this with a minimum of ongoing trauma.

A 52-year-old man has been arrested over the alleged sexual assault of a female backpacker in Adelaide’s east.

Detective Inspector Greg Hutchins said the man had been arrested for sexual assault but may also face abduction charges.
The alleged victim is still being cared for by police as she recovers.

“She is still with police, she is well, unharmed and obviously her family is very grateful that she is safe," Insp Hutchins said.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...ely-concerned-tourist-being-held-against-will

attachment.php
Police swarm on farmhouse as man faces sexual assault charges in missing tourist mystery

The arrest was made when officers raided a farmhouse on the outskirts of Meningie at around 12.30pm on Saturday.
They scoured the property, paying particular attention to a shed with tyre marks leading to it before seizing a red ute in a paddock.
“That’s obviously the vehicle we are looking for and it’s now in police custody,” Inspector Greg Hutchins from South Australia’s Major Crime Branch said.
It is understood the ute was allegedly used to pick up the victim from a bus stop in Murray Bridge after the pair met online.

“She placed an ad on Gumtree that person responded to that add,” Insp Hutchins said.

She was able to get a message home to her family and that obviously alerted police

https://au.news.yahoo.com/

Attachments

• IMG_1411.JPG
    IMG_1411.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 133
[h=1]How abducted tourist's keen eye helped police catch accused rapist[/h]Police were able to find the 52-year-old accused at a Meningie property because the victim recalled seeing a tower and a particular type of livestock from where she was allegedly imprisoned.
Seven News has been told in the lead up to the arrest officers twice pulled over the married father in his car.
A second vehicle – believed to be a blue sedan – was also seized by officers on Saturday night along with a red ute.
In a strange coincidence, it is a year almost to the day since two European backpackers were allegedly kidnapped and assaulted at nearby Salt Creek.
On Sunday, South Australia’s Premier said: “This sends really unfortunate messages to tourists that come to South Australia, so there’s a significant reputational issue here.”
More details of the shocking crime could come to light on Monday when the accused faces court.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sa/a/3439...eye-helped-police-catch-accused-rapist/#page1

There is a nice home on the property, a clothes line with sheets.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1412.jpg
    IMG_1412.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 96
'I’ve been kidnapped': Tourist rescued after desperate message to only Aussie friend 3000kms away

"Ai don't want to run because he'll shoot me"

The woman in her 20s managed to send the desperate message to a friend in remote Queensland with a laptop from her backpack, after her alleged captor confiscated her mobile phone.

“[The message said] I’ve been kidnapped, they’ve taken me out into the country two hours from Murray Bridge,” Mr Newman told The Adelaide Advertiser on Sunday night.
“It described going over two ferries, [then it said] they’ve taken my phone, I’ve got my laptop out of my backpack and I’ve sent a message’, or something like that.

“It said: ‘I don’t want to run away because he said he’ll shoot me’, (or) something to that extent.”
“[The friend’s] English is not the best but she said: ‘I don’t know what to do, I don’t even know the number for the police’.
“She was the only friend she [the victim] had in Australia.”

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sa/a/3439...age-to-only-aussie-friend-3000kms-away/#page1

Wow. I wonder where his wife was when he came home with a young woman captive.

Reactions: DRT

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back