GUILTY Australia - Daniel Morcombe, 13, Woombye, QLD, 7 Dec 2003 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuskier

Reaction score
Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 4m
Ex girlfriend of Cowan telling jury he took her to secluded area near old Macadamia Farm & demountable buildings #Morcombe @9NewsBrisbane

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 2m
Ex girlfriend of Cowan Leticha Harvey tells court accused took her to a secluded area near macadamia farm in Beerwah. #morcombe @abcnews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 2m
Day 8 of Cowan murder trial over for the day. Jury told to return Monday for Day 9. #morcombe @abcnews

Kay McGrath ‏@KayMcGrath7 12m
Justice Atkinson tells #morcombe jury the trial is running ahead of schedule..details @7NewsBrisbane

Strangeworld

Reaction score
Ch9 News just had a preview of family photos of the accused - on the news at 6pm.

Strangeworld

Reaction score
Trying to find the photos online - nothing yet. He certainly doesn't look the way I imagined. I guess it's hard to imagine a monster though.

Strangeworld

Reaction score
Gosh, So that's him huh? Makes my stomach churn seeing the baby's feet around his head.

Sure is. I think it's like seeing a picture of the boogeyman. Not because of his looks, but because he has haunted the community since the day Daniel was taken. Even after he was arrested, he was still like this unknown entity. It's quite confronting finally seeing his face.

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
Photos of Brett Peter Cowan were tendered as evidence today

5273314-4x3-340x255.jpg

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-20/daniel-morcombe-murder-day-8-court-trial/5272056

Strangeworld

Reaction score
Here they are.

Attachments

• brett cowan2.jpg
    brett cowan2.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 22
  • brett cowan3.jpg
    brett cowan3.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 21
  • brett cowan4.jpg
    brett cowan4.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 19

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
Estelle...back in 2009 this guy was named....

June 1, 2009

A convicted Queensland pedophile who has been linked to the disappearance of Daniel Morcombe is a ''biological psychopath'' who once bundled a 9-year-old boy into his car before violently sexually assaulting him, court documents reveal.

The ABC today reported Douglas Brian Jackway had recently been spoken to by police over the disappearance of 13-year-old Daniel Morcombe. Jackway was named by Channel Seven's Sunday Night program as a person of "prime interest" in the missing persons case, one of Queensland's most baffling.

Sunday Night revealed Jackway had been released from jail a month before Daniel vanished, and the Morcombe family today said Jackway could be placed in the area at the time

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...boy-into-car-20090601-bsjl.html#ixzz2tsOyFua2

gregjrichards

Reaction score
It appears that there were two men in the car. Have the police ever found out who that other man was?

I am wondering the same thing.

I have a hard time looking at pictures of perps knowing what they have done. He looks like an every day guy in the street who wouldn't stand out.

Thanks for all the updates and information Fuskier and other members it is much appreciated.

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
gregjrichards....because of our sub judice laws, if an accused has a criminal history, it can't be mentioned on here until the trial is over.

gregjrichards

Reaction score
Estelle...back in 2009 this guy was named....

June 1, 2009

A convicted Queensland pedophile who has been linked to the disappearance of Daniel Morcombe is a ''biological psychopath'' who once bundled a 9-year-old boy into his car before violently sexually assaulting him, court documents reveal.

The ABC today reported Douglas Brian Jackway had recently been spoken to by police over the disappearance of 13-year-old Daniel Morcombe. Jackway was named by Channel Seven's Sunday Night program as a person of "prime interest" in the missing persons case, one of Queensland's most baffling.

Sunday Night revealed Jackway had been released from jail a month before Daniel vanished, and the Morcombe family today said Jackway could be placed in the area at the time

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...boy-into-car-20090601-bsjl.html#ixzz2tsOyFua2

Thanks for posting this. This article talks about a blue sedan being seen and Douglas Brian Jackaway being once considered a suspect. The prosecution says he was not involved in this article. I hope this blue car doesn't cause any reasonable doubt about someone else being involved in the crime. Although Cowan led to where Daniel's body was and it will be difficult for the defence to over come this.

What is the maximum sentence Cowan could get? I just wondered what length the jail sentences were like in Australia.

gregjrichards

Reaction score
gregjrichards....because of our sub judice laws, if an accused has a criminal history, it can't be mentioned on here until the trial is over.

Sorry marlywings I didn't know that I have edited my post accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.