GUILTY Australia - Daniel Morcombe, 13, Woombye, QLD, 7 Dec 2003 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too am hoping for a smoking gun.
Maybe the Prosecution are pinning all hope of a conviction on the undercover operation.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...eenager-daniel-morcombe-in-2003/story-fnii5v6

Day 11: Trial of Brett Peter Cowan, 44, aka Shaddo N-unyah Hunter, accused of killing teenager Daniel Morcombe in 2003
1 HOUR AGO FEBRUARY 26, 2014 2:28PM

12:15pm: The 110th witness is Joszef Gebri, who said he was driving home from Buderim to Brisbane via the Bruce Highway at 6.15pm on December 7, 2003.
"... he was driving past Roys Rd when he saw two cars parked along the roadside... the cars were about 15m to 20m from the highway, on a dirt road near to a pine plantation... the first car he saw was an older-style blue sedan with “not-new’’ paint, parked in a “T-bone formation’’ near to a white van... he saw an adult male close to the cars and a child who appeared to be 12-years-old and with dark hair.
“Apprehension, possibly fear,’’ Mr Gebri said of the expression on the child’s face. He said there was a third man standing nearby"... :furious:

It makes my stomach churn to think these sick freaks are everywhere and most likely work together and correspond about their ill doings. My heart aches for the Morcombes being in that court room day in and day out must be torture.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/police-had-list-33-suspects-daniel-morcombe-case/2181899/
Fresh claims Cowan shown where Daniel's bones buried
A 2003 police photo of Douglas Brian Jackway, as tendered to the Supreme Court during the trial of Brett Peter Cowan, who is accused of murdering Daniel Morcombe

A FORMER prisoner with a multiple personality disorder has denied showing Brett Peter Cowan where Daniel Morcombe's bones could be found at the Glasshouse Mountains.
Mr Edwards questioned McLean about his knowledge of Jackway who was nicknamed rat
RAT. Fitting.
I sit across the world from the events at hand...my mind wanders to Mr. Bruce and Mrs. Denise...how unbearably tough this trial must be...may their strength prevail. Prayers.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 47m
In early August, they met with a "corrupt police officer" who had been able to get paperwork on someone "of interest" to the gang. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 51m
Cowan was also used to conduct surveillance on an aerodrome - assessing security in preparation for a big drug transaction. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 55m
Cowan to undercover officer: "I've found the job I've been waiting for for all these years." #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1h
Next, Cowan went with Fitzy to Melbourne to buy blood diamonds for $40K - worth hundreds of thousands. #morcombe

In July, Cowan was used as a lookout while a gang member (undercover officer) took a Mercedes Benz from someone who owed money. #morcombe

By late June, Cowan was introduced to the idea that a "big job" was being planned that could earn him a lot of cash. #morcombe

Cowan also went with the gang to hand over $30K to a corrupt Perth District Court worker. #morcombe

In June, the "gang" purchased illegal firearms. Cowan handled them, said his dad was in the army and he'd handled lots of guns. #morcombe

The gang then staged a burglary on the warehouse and stole the cigarettes. Cowan helped and was paid in cash and cigarettes. #morcombe

The next scenario involved bribing a customs officer and getting access to a shed where some cigarettes were stored. #morcombe

Cowan was enthusiastic about this and told Fitzy photography was his passion. #morcombe

Cowan was brought in to help get photographs of the "bank manager" with the "prostitute" to use as blackmail. #morcombe

They weren't allowed to use prostitutes who worked for them. A bank manager, associate of the organisation, had broken this rule. #morcombe

Next, Cowan was brought into a scenario involving blank passports. They wanted him to know they had "fingers in different areas". #morcombe

The next scenario involved illegal purchase of crayfish which they sold to a restaurant. Police officer posed as restaurant owner. #morcombe

By that time Cowan had changed his name to Shaddo N'unyah Hunter and asked to be introduced to people as Shaddo. #morcombe

Fitzy said they always discussed with Cowan that "honesty, trust and loyalty" were very important to the organisation. #morcombe

Fitzy took Cowan with him to visit a "brothel madam" (undercover officer) to collect the organisation's cut of profits. #morcombe

Fitzy was playing the role of a mid level member of a large criminal organisation. Joe worked under Fitzy. #morcombe

Now giving evidence is WA Police undercover operative who used the alias Paul "Fitzy" Fitzsimmons. #morcombe

Defence Angus Edwards said Cowan had no job, had been evicted from caravan park and no money for phone credit. "Joe" agreed. #morcombe

Joe was given a passport and a sum of money and that ended his participation in the undercover op. #morcombe

In June, Joe and Cowan met with a "boss" from the organisation who said Joe was a loyal worker and they had "fixed" a problem he was having.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 2h
Cowan was asked to follow a woman named Brooke (undercover officer) into a bar and report back. #morcombe

By late May, Cowan was asked to help investigate whether one of the organisation's prostitutes was working on the side. #morcombe

The next job involved collecting money from someone who owed "the boss". The man (undercover officer) handed over $4K to "Joe". #morcombe

The job involved waiting for a man to arrive at the airport. He gave Cowan $150 after the job was done. #morcombe

Joe said Cowan was short on money and needed work. He called him on May 5, 2011 to say he had a couple of hours work "easy money". #morcombe

Joe said his brief was to build a relationship with Cowan. They went sightseeing together in Fremantle. #morcombe

On Apr 6, 2011, Joe visited Cowan at his caravan park. The TV was on. Cowan paid no attention until a story about Daniel came on. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 17m
Day 11 of the Daniel Morcombe trial has adjourned until tomorrow for Day 12.

A 2003 police photo of Douglas Brian Jackway, as tendered to the Supreme Court during the trial of Brett Peter Cowan

jackway-mbypqr6yxxgke4imph2_fct612x461x21_t460.jpg

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/police-had-list-33-suspects-daniel-morcombe-case/2181899/

It makes my stomach churn to think these sick freaks are everywhere and most likely work together and correspond about their ill doings. My heart aches for the Morcombes being in that court room day in and day out must be torture.

Seabreeze my stomach is churning too. I just can't believe what I'm reading. This really is upsetting me more than anything I've EVER read on Websleuths.

NO! PLEASE, PLEASE NOT CHILDREN!

I am so confused. Does the prosecution have a theory of the crime that includes this Jackass fella? Is Cowan's confession to the undercover cops only partially true in that he implicates himself but not his accomplice? Is Jackway not going to face charges over Daniel?

In my opinion I think police know Jackaway is involved & it's just a matter of time before he too is charged with murder.

Bearing in mind, he is already in prison. Cowan has already confessed to police that he murdered Daniel. He can't take that confession back & I somehow doubt he'll implicate Jackaway. I believe Cowan will be found guilty & sent off to prison.

Then the two of them will be face to face. While I believe they are both of the same "evil mould", I think Jackaway is the more evil & cunning of the two.

I've been with WS for several years now but NEVER has anything upset me so much as little Daniel Morcombe. The idea these germs stalk our beautiful children is overwhelming to me. I am really upset by this. Don't worry, I'm a strong but to think this little guy could have been easily saved IF someone had just stopped, reversed back and watched. So simple. These filth would have moved on. :( but to where?
The Scaf & Murphy bros. come to mind, was there a phone call made to others? Oh God this IS truly horrible.
I made a similar post before but, honestly, this has got to be the worst of the worst!
My heart is breaking for the Morcombes & Daniel has a surviving twin!

OMG & possibly several cars??
Marley, these 'pedophile rings' where images are passed around the net. Firstly the images have to be obtained. Could these rings do similar that if a pedophile locates a child he contacts others to participate? I guess like some rapes we hear about (Scaf) where others are contacted to join in. Gruesome yes but this little boy was like bees to a honeypot!! So very sad :( when I was a little girl my mum used to watch out for me more than my three brothers but now OMG it's the boys in danger too.
Once I had an uncomfortable feeling with a man on a bike around a child when I pulled over and only watched him, he looked at me and quickly rode away. Who knows what may have happened if I didn't stop. Hey it may have been the child's big brother! I just kept an eye on the situation I'm sure they don't want to be exposed and they operate secretively. It was an experience I'll never forget and it plays on me that IF I'd seen Daniel and these men I WOULD HAVE PULLED OVER and reversed back but stayed in the safety of my car. Oh if only someone had stopped and/or reversed a little or kept an eye out, even in the rear vision mirror, it may have diffused the whole horror. A couple of lousy minutes is all it'd take.
People don't like to be filmed, say if someone tailgating me, I'll hold up my phone as if I'm filming the incident and they back off REALLY quickly.
Same, same but different.

IT TAKES A VILLAGE TO REAR A CHILD

TGY...I think the breeding ground for all their planning & "mateship" is behind prison walls & they all stay in contact if they're released.

I feel desperately sorry for all the witnesses who noticed Daniel that day. Most of them will go through life with a "if only I'd stopped" cloud hanging over them. Nothing can bring Daniel back, but I fully believe justice will be served for him & his family.

Absolutely amazing work by police!! They've gone to incredible lengths to achieve the arrest of Cowan. Heroes...every one of them!!!

TGY...I think the breeding ground for all their planning & "mateship" is behind prison walls & they all stay in contact if they're released.

I feel desperately sorry for all the witnesses who noticed Daniel that day. Most of them will go through life with a "if only I'd stopped" cloud hanging over them. Nothing can bring Daniel back, but I fully believe justice will be served for him & his family.

Absolutely amazing work by police!! They've gone to incredible lengths to achieve the arrest of Cowan. Heroes...every one of them!!!

Agreed. This work by the Police is outstanding. The caliber of their investigation/surveillance/operational detail is impressive.

I've been with WS for several years now but NEVER has anything upset me so much as little Daniel Morcombe. The idea these germs stalk our beautiful children is overwhelming to me. I am really upset by this. Don't worry, I'm a strong but to think this little guy could have been easily saved IF someone had just stopped, reversed back and watched. So simple. These filth would have moved on. :( but to where?
The Scaf & Murphy bros. come to mind, was there a phone call made to others? Oh God this IS truly horrible.
I made a similar post before but, honestly, this has got to be the worst of the worst!

I feel the same way. I am so sad for poor Daniel & his family.
I was pregnant with my son when they found Daniels body and I have shed many tears for his mother.
I don't know how in the future I am ever going to be able to allow my son to do things without me.

I think this is the last report about Jackaway & whether he'll be released.

Justice to decide if dangerous pedophile is to be released

17th Dec 2013

Douglas Brian Jackway, who one psychologist has described as a biological psychopath, has only spent four months of his adult life outside jail.

When he was last released in 2003, he offended within 12 days

Angus Scott, counsel for the Attorney-General, said there were fears corrective services could not intervene quick enough if Jackway's emotions got out of control while abusing drugs and alcohol.

He said the Attorney-General did not support even a stringent supervision order for Jackway.

Barrister Catherine Morgan, acting for Jackway, said the evidence showed he had made "considerable progress" this year and he should be released on a supervision order.

Justice Martin Daubney has reserved his decision.

http://www.cqnews.com.au/news/justice-decide-if-dangerous-pedophile-be-released/2116082/

Sorry to hear that you are unwell gregjrichards. Hope that all goes well for you in hospital. Thank you for assisting with posts on the Thread. Staying up all night to contribute posts shows commitment to justice for the Morcombe family. We look forward to your continued contribution once you are better. We'll try to keep the Thread updated daily. All the best to you for now.

Thank you for your kindness Fuskier and other members it is greatly appreciated. Thank also Fuskier for all your hard work posting updates for us. A lot happened at the trial today it is very difficult to read these sickos comments about an innocent child. I hope Jackway does not get out of prison as he is obviously extremely dangerous and highly likely to re-offend soon after release.

I truly believe these monsters cannot be rehabilitated after the first offence they all should be imprisoned in jail or some other facility without parole. Society cannot gamble these individuals wont rape and/or kill a child again it is not worth the risk when an innocent child's life is at stake. I know it is very expensive to keep someone locked up but it needs to be done.

Thursday 27th February 2014 Day 12 of the Daniel Morcombe trial today.

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 12m
Corr: Day 12. Jury now hearing recordings of conversations between "Fitzy" and Cowan from 2011. #morcombe @abcnews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 11m
Before recordings played, jury told "a lot of swearing and a lot of subjects you probably wouldn't normally talk about" #morcombe #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 16m
The Daniel Morcombe trial is being played secretly taped conversations between Brett Cowan and covert police.

Elizabeth Tilley ‏@liztilley84 1m
Jury in Daniel #morcombe trial hearing secretly recorded conversation between covert police officer and Brett Cowan @SkyNewsAust

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m
Cowan is told there is nothing the crime gang can't make "go away" - as long as he is honest with them. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m
The recording is of a "corrupt" policeman telling Fitzy and Cowan he knows Cowan is to be called back to the QLD coroners court. #morcombe

Totally agree:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members