GUILTY Australia - Daniel Morcombe, 13, Woombye, QLD, 7 Dec 2003 - #2

The parents of murdered Queensland 13-year-old schoolboy Daniel Morcombe have criticised the producers of a new Australian film, saying it is "making money off a heinous crime" and is "disrespectful" to their son.

The Stranger is a dramatisation of the decade-long investigation that led to the arrest of the teenager's killer, Brett Peter Cowan.

The parents of murdered Queensland 13-year-old schoolboy Daniel Morcombe have criticised the producers of a new Australian film, saying it is "making money off a heinous crime" and is "disrespectful" to their son.

The Stranger is a dramatisation of the decade-long investigation that led to the arrest of the teenager's killer, Brett Peter Cowan.
i watched this film, very dark and tense, there were no real names used and it was totally about the sting, no re enactments of the abduction etc, you wouldnt know it was based on what happened in the dm case

Parents of murdered schoolboy Daniel Morcombe foil potential grooming of grandson​

The six-year-old was playing a popular online game in the car when he shared a ‘frightening’ revelation.
“Winston said, ‘Nana, Pa, this person knows my name’ and Bruce and I just looked at each other and said, ‘Oh, OK’,” Denise told 7NEWS.

Immediately, the couple were on alert.

“That doesn’t sound great, that smells like a paedophile online trying to groom Winston and we were pretty frightened,” Bruce said.
“He was trying to build his confidence,” Bruce said, adding this was a common technique used in grooming.

“We sent a message to him saying, ‘Stop contacting kids you online creep’.”

The couple screenshot the evidence before blocking the other player

That cache of documents — including police reports, maps, transcripts and website print-outs — has now been destroyed by fire at the hands of Bruce.

“A lot of it’s disturbing material,” he told 7NEWS.

“I’ve probably had a gutful of all the records, all the files we’ve kept.

“It’s time to move on.

“Particularly, I’m trying to protect our family, and the grandkids especially.

Couldn't recommend the book 'The Sting' more highly. Surprised the author was able to not only find out exactly how the undercover cops extracted a confession from Daniel's killer but include it in great detail in her book.

Reactions: JLZ

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back