GUILTY Australia - Daniel Morcombe, 13, Woombye, QLD, 7 Dec 2003 - #2

I apologise if the following question has been answered earlier, but I have just finished reading "where is Daniel?" which I found quite compelling, one thought came into my mind though, what was Cowan planning on doing if Daniel had of caught the bus as was expected? It seems he made no effort to engage him in conversation, or suggest that Daniel hop into his car before the bus drove past, so was he just going to return to his car and be satisfied with having watched the poor boy for a length o time?

I apologise if the following question has been answered earlier, but I have just finished reading "where is Daniel?" which I found quite compelling, one thought came into my mind though, what was Cowan planning on doing if Daniel had of caught the bus as was expected? It seems he made no effort to engage him in conversation, or suggest that Daniel hop into his car before the bus drove past, so was he just going to return to his car and be satisfied with having watched the poor boy for a length o time?

Imo, only Cowan can answer that. But from what I've learned over the years, pedophiles get their jollies from watching children. If they're deprived of a computer, or specific images of children, they will resort to kids clothing catalogues. jmo

I'm recalling info from the re-enactment shown on the extended 60 Minutes episode about Daniel's case - is it correct that Cowan had himself passed the out of service bus, and then saw Daniel waiting at the bus stop further along the road? I think these people are supreme opportunists - always on the lookout for chances to interact with potential victims. From memory I think they described Cowan taking the next exit and circling around to park in the area behind where Daniel was waiting. Like a hunter setting up his prey.

Unfortunately if it wasn't Daniel it would have been another child he found eventually. It is terrible to think these individuals some of whom are parents themselves can attack someone else's child in such a horrendous way. I just hope he is kept in jail somehow for the rest of his life as these individuals cannot be cured I doubt the temptation ever goes away.

It's unbelievable that prior convictions are not considered as evidence.

I agree with the others, if he had been unsuccessful, it would be an experience like window shopping vs a spending spree. Sure window shopping isn't as much fun, but it's still pleasurable and has no consequences, unlike a big spend.

This is why people should take creepy encounters very seriously, don't help creep practise their trade by being polite in the face of creepy weirdness, convey your skepticism, maybe you will help yourself, maybe someone else.

Double his time!

I'm liking this.

FORMER Bega Cheese boss Maurice Van Ryn’s seven-year minimum sentence for child abuse was “an affront to the administration of justice” and manifestly inadequate, NSW’s highest court has found.

The Criminal Court of *Appeal has almost doubled the 59-year-old’s non-parole period to 13 years and six months for abusing nine children, some as young as eight, over an 11-year period.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r/news-story/7e86531644ddf6985ecb7c37de6ec6a6

The man convicted of killing Daniel Morcombe is set to find out if he'll be able to appeal his conviction in the nation's highest court.

Last May, he failed to have the conviction overturned in the Queensland Court of Appeal despite his lawyers appealing on six grounds, including claims of potentially prejudicial media coverage during the trial and police improperly obtaining a confession.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...ller-s-high-court-hearing#lD43eoWomWZ0GPoP.99

This was heard in Brisbane today, with the court finding there was insufficient grounds for the nation's highest court to hear the appeal, meaning the 46-year-old has exhausted all legal avenues to challenge his conviction.

Both of Daniel's parents, child safety advocates Denise and Bruce, attended the Brisbane hearing.

The pair also posted a message on the Daniel Morcombe Foundation's official Facebook page citing a previous case heard by the High Court in which the so-called Mr Big police sting - an elaborate method used to elicit confessions - was deemed lawful.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...n-has-appeal-bid-rejected#LoARP5Z2Y3oCiPGt.99

The Australian‏@australian 15m15 minutes ago
Morcombe killer loses appeal bid http://bit.ly/1TQnkOW

Ebony Cavallaro‏@ebonycavallaro 35m35 minutes ago
The irony of the timing - it's the annual Dance for Daniel tomorrow night. Hope you all truly kick your heels up @DeniseMorcombe #morcombe

Dannielle DePinto‏@dannie_depinto 1h1 hour ago
#BREAKING Brett Cowan will have to serve life imprisonment for #Daniel #Morcombe's murder after appeal bid failed.

Kim Stephens‏@kimstephens_bt 2h2 hours ago Brisbane, Queensland
The High Court is overflowing for #morcombe killer Brett Peter Cowan's application to appeal his murder conviction

Video of Morcombe parents after High Court decision:

7 News QueenslandVerified account ‏@7NewsQueensland 1h1 hour ago
Bruce and Denise Morcombe respond to High Court decision. Live coverage Channel 7 now http://7live.com.au #7News

Just read the news thank God the right decision was made. Thank you to all of you for caring about Daniel and his case and for all your news updates which have been greatly appreciated over the years. I hope this individual is left to rot in jail and forgotten.

Keep the bastards off the streets. Good call!

A convicted child rapist falsely implicated in the Daniel Morcombe case will remain behind bars after Queensland's top judge ruled he remains a serious danger to the community.

Queensland Supreme Court Chief Justice Catherine Holmes ruled this morning that Douglas Brian Jackway, 39, should be kept behind bars as part of an ongoing detention order, following an annual review of his incarceration.

Jackway has spent 23 years in jail following two attacks on children, and the State wants him kept locked up indefinitely.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...orcombe-to-remain-in-jail#fHUOuzjwD4SEE8jp.99

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back