Found Deceased Australia - Daniel O'Keeffe, 27, Geelong, Vic, 15 July 2011

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Graham Clayton, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Graham Clayton

Graham Clayton New Member

Dan O'Keeffe disappeared from his parent's home in Geelong. His father had been chatting with Loren at 9.15 am in the kitchen, and then went to get prepared for work. Loren's mother came down to the kitchen at 9.35 am, but Loren had left the house, and has not been seen again. Loren had suffered from depression prior to his disappearance.

http://www.dancomehome.com/

2. Loading...

3. KateB

KateB New Member

4. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From December 2012:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...r-crumbs-of-hope/story-e6freoof-1226545078283

FB missing page: https://www.facebook.com/dancomehome

5. EdinburghLass

EdinburghLass New Member

Wow this is such a high-profile Australian case, I can't believe there isn't more info on here about Dan.

6. russian_doll

russian_doll New Member

7. aussiegran

aussiegran New Member

Daniel's remains have finally been found. RIP mate xxx

8. ElemenohP

ElemenohP New Member

Rest in Peace, Daniel. Peace and prayers his family today. :(

9. Jen Darme

Jen Darme New Member

News.com.au: Human remains found under the family home of missing Victoria man Daniel O’Keeffe

The Herald Sun reported Daniel’s father Des O’Keeffe found the bones early this afternoon.

The family believe the bones belong to Daniel, who was 24 when he went missing.

A crime scene has now been set up at the property. Police have said the bones appear to be those of an adult but dna testing would be needed to officially confirm it was Mr O’Keeffe.

[​IMG]
    [HR][/HR]

ABC.net.au: Daniel O'Keeffe: Human remains found at Geelong property belonging to family of missing man

Police could not say why the remains were not discovered when they first searched the family property.

Detective Sergeant Adam Forehan said he could not shed much light on the reports [of prior suspected sightings].

"There can be no definitive answer given, let's just say opinions differ," he said.

[HR][/HR]

Facebook: Missing Person - Daniel James O'Keeffe (posted less than 3 hours ago)

It is with heavy hearts that the family and friends of Dan O’Keeffe, update this page to share that Dan’s remains were discovered earlier today.

Attached Files:

10. Froglady

Froglady New Member

He was with them all along :( brings tears to my eyes. Rip dan x

11. PainExpress

PainExpress Member

Wow amazing

RIP Daniel

12. Humdinger

Humdinger New Member

I just cannot fathom how they could be feeling... That he was there underneath the house all of these years! My heart aches for them.

13. 2991rfa

2991rfa New Member

He disappeared from the family home in Highton, Victoria, on the morning of 15 July 2011.

3 days later family launch campaign to find Dan.

At some point around this time, police search house and find nothing

On 30 November 2011, almost five months after he went missing, Dan walked into a medical centre in Queensland and asked for a glass of water. Two weeks later, having seen his family's interview on The Project, the receptionist realised she had spoken with Dan. He was going by his middle name (James) and was visibly very unwell. Family say CCTV confirmed this and the family spent 2 months searching SE Queensland.

So... was it him on the cctv footage? Or not? And police didn't find him when they searched, but his bones were under the house... not buried, just under the house (as far as we know). Surely the family would notice if there were someone deceased under their house... so the question is was he dead befoee or after the Queensland supposed sighting...

I know this is a terrible time for the family, but it's just so confusing.

14. NoStoneUnturnedAus

NoStoneUnturnedAus New Member

What a tragic end to an epic search across Australia and the world. And he was under their house the whole time? How crazy : (

15. epictreasure

epictreasure New Member

Surely the CCTV footage must have been someone else?
    I assume if the police are not treating it as suspicious, there would be an obvious reason for this.

I would hope something comes from this so another family doesnt endure the heartache this family have :(

16. 2991rfa

2991rfa New Member

Did you read that it's not suspicious? I read this but I'm sure there are other quotes around I haven't seen yet

"We're treating it at the highest level at this stage until we satisfy ourselves that there is no suspicious activity," he said

17. epictreasure

epictreasure New Member

Yes, I have read this a few times now. Here is another one.

Body found under missing Daniel's house
    "Members of the Major Crime Squad are on their way but police say that at this stage they do not believe there to be any suspicious circumstances.

Source: http://www.bay939.com.au/news/local-news/61402-body-found-under-missing-daniel-s-house
    Local News

"Police have told this newsroom they don't believe there to be any suspicious circumstances and that crime scene investigators, along with pathologists from the Coroner's Office, will visit the scene this evening."

Source: http://www.bay939.com.au/news/local-news/61403-remains-believed-to-be-daniel
    Local News

18. 2991rfa

2991rfa New Member

Ah. Likely suicide then - which still leaves the question how it went unnoticed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Tssiemer

Tssiemer Well-Known Member

So he killed and buried himself??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Beamie

Beamie Member

Didn't they use cadaverdogs when they searched for him?

21. epictreasure

epictreasure New Member

I am pretty sure it said he wasn't buried though.
    I assume that some houses have area underneath for storage etc? thus "under the house"
    Perhaps he was in that location?
    In regards to the cadaver dogs/ searches. I am not sure of the many ways one could cause their passing without being noticed, especially for 5 years.