Australia - Five found dead in home. Bedford, Perth WA, Sept 2018

Court appearance 24th April...

Bedford father Anthony Robert Harvey has pleaded guilty to murdering his three children, wife and mother-in-law.

Harvey appeared at Stirling Gardens Magistrates Court via video link from prison this morning charged with the deaths of his wife Mara Harvey, three-year-old Charlotte and their two-year-old twins Alice and Beatrix. He was also charged with murdering Mrs Harvey’s mother Beverley Quinn.

Harvey will appear before the WA Supreme Court on June 21.
https://thewest.com.au/news/crime/b...hildren-wife-and-mother-in-law-ng-b881177913z

So I guess we’ll never know “Why”.

The courts sentencing in this is great. Obviously upset over the case but a calm demeanour to deliver the conviction. I live in Perth so this is great news to me. She gave him everything and he still wrote down the option of leaving and chose murder. She would have been okay if he left :( Nothing will stop him doing this again.QUOTE]

Well said. Incomprehensible action taken after dismissing his other options. Just LEAVE.

Can anyone please help me find out more information on this case? I've hit a wall with my research :(

Can anyone please help me find out more information on this case? I've hit a wall with my research :(

I am not sure what it is that you are researching?

I know that I believe that this heinous killer should never be released - despite his vow to appeal his sentence. (The appeal won't happen quickly, appeals never do.)

This is why I don't think he should ever be released ....

BBM
A search of his car also uncovered photos of the bodies as well as journals written by Harvey, one of which was titled: "This book is intended to explain and document my journey".

One entry read: “Tonight, I will kill my wife and bludgeon and smother my daughters.

"Then the real hunting begins … but first my loved ones."

Dad wrote 'tonight, I will kill my kids' before murdering his wife and three children

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply! Doing some research on Anthony Harvey's life before Mara for a case study in my Crime Science degree, but I can basically only find the assessment quoted in the document I'll link below. Other than that all I can find is some relatives on facebook which isn't very helpful. I was hopefully looking to find any social media's he had prior to the incident, why there won't be second assessment to find out more than just the one assessment (which included small snippets of information about being shy as a child, and following hobbies to the point of excluding most other things.

https://ecourts.justice.wa.gov.au/e...edVersion=False&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Even resources I could use would be amazing!

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply! Doing some research on Anthony Harvey's life before Mara for a case study in my Crime Science degree, but I can basically only find the assessment quoted in the document I'll link below. Other than that all I can find is some relatives on facebook which isn't very helpful. I was hopefully looking to find any social media's he had prior to the incident, why there won't be second assessment to find out more than just the one assessment (which included small snippets of information about being shy as a child, and following hobbies to the point of excluding most other things.

https://ecourts.justice.wa.gov.au/e...edVersion=False&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Even resources I could use would be amazing!

Wow! I hadn't seen that before. Thanks for posting.

A few points that stood out to me:

He started selling his stuff and obtaining knives around 10 days before he killed them. (it would have been over a month wait for the knife shop to get in the brand he wanted, so on his 3rd visit he just bought the biggest one they had).
One of the daughters, Charlotte, was stabbed 38 times (near 3 times more than the others).

He arranged the wife and kids bodies on a bed as if they were all hugging and put their favourite toys with them.

He photographed the bodies on a polaroid camera. The pictures were found in his jacket pocket.

Such a bizarre case.

Wow! I hadn't seen that before. Thanks for posting.

A few points that stood out to me:

He started selling his stuff and obtaining knives around 10 days before he killed them. (it would have been over a month wait for the knife shop to get in the brand he wanted, so on his 3rd visit he just bought the biggest one they had).
One of the daughters, Charlotte, was stabbed 38 times (near 3 times more than the others).

He arranged the wife and kids bodies on a bed as if they were all hugging and put their favourite toys with them.

He photographed the bodies on a polaroid camera. The pictures were found in his jacket pocket.

Such a bizarre case.

It get's more bizarre! I work with someone who was threatened for speaking to media, because she lived behind them. She was completely shocked like everyone else and only expressed disbelief and compassion, especially since that was the third family massacre in 2018, and Perth is a very small city :( She used a fake name and only spoke ONCE, and still received an anonymous threat in her letterbox, claiming to know who she is, I made sure she had a security camera, told the police, and sensor light and consequently nothing happened, but I find it suspicious considering the family still supports him, which I try to understand, but don't.

I also found it strange that he lived with his uncle around ages 15-17 (approximate), before moving to Western Australia to be with the rest of the family who moved there, and so I'm wondering if the Uncle had any influences. I found his father of social media, and he is an artist AND a CRIMINOLOGIST, and it said in the court document that he was "obsessed" with serial killers, and also that he is more than likely a narcissist. I also found on Anthony Harvey's sister's social media a selfie, which I can't post here, but commented very inappropriately, to which their father commented "that's my daughter you sicko" and he replied "yep very nice necklace". Which is an odd thing to have public, and probably an indication that behaviour is normalised/ignored.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back