Australia Australia - Hayley Dodd, 17, Badgingarra WA, 29 Jul 1999 *retrial Guilty, manslaughter*

https://www.facebook.com/facaaus/posts/1671314749580746

I found this on Facebook written on the Fighters Against Child Abuse page.

There is mention of Wark being given parole and released before Hayley Dodd went missing. There are no details given about this prison sentence and parole. I can’t find anything about it. People in this group are very upset about Wark getting out of jail and then going on to murder Hayley. They say she wouldn’t be dead now if he had still been locked up. There is a lot of negativity towards the Parole Board and think they should be held accountable for Hayley’s death. I presume he was locked up for a crime in W.A. MOO
Is there any truth in this facebook story ?

I'll put this here so that everyone can read it

SENTENCE

http://decisions.justice.wa.gov.au/...FDD3&action=openDocument&SessionID=EXWRDSB1UP

I've decided to paste it here immediately, I have yet to read the sentence.
From the court document linked by Kraki :

"Meanwhile, you had done your shopping in Moora and you started to drive back to your home.
At around midday, I do not know the precise time, you encountered Ms Dodd on North West Road.
You did not know Ms Dodd but you knew the family to whose farm she was then heading.
The son of that family had left his car at your place that morning when he went to work.
Consequently, you would have had an innocent connection to the family which may well have enabled you to appear to Ms Dodd as a person who she could trust."

Is there any truth in this facebook story ?

Hi Meticulously - I can’t find any details of Warks previous crimes and incarceration’s except for the case in Qld that he was given 12 years for. The other case talked about is how he is a suspect in the disappearance of Katie O’Shea. I don’t know where this Facebook site got that information. MOO

Hi Meticulously - I can’t find any details of Warks previous crimes and incarceration’s except for the case in Qld that he was given 12 years for. The other case talked about is how he is a suspect in the disappearance of Katie O’Shea. I don’t know where this Facebook site got that information. MOO

I suppose we could ascertain his MO once we hear the result of that investigation. As the detectives said, he has to want to talk. I can’t say I’m hopeful.

Read the Sands of Windee by Arthur Upfield.*It was on the grade 7 reading curriculum when I was in Primary School.
Also you might want to watch the docu biography telemovie about the Murchison murders and Arthur Upfield called 3 Acts of Murder which aired in June 2009 on the ABC

The Murchison Murders*were a series of three murders, committed by an itinerant stockman named Snowy Rowles, near the*rabbit-proof fence*in*Western Australia*during the early 1930s. The case was particularly infamous because Rowles used the murder method that had been suggested by author*Arthur Upfield*in his then unpublished book*The Sands of Windee, in which he described a way to dispose of a body and thus commit the*perfect murder.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
The premise of Upfield's book was that by burning the bodies and pulverizing the bones, would hide any evidence of the crimes.
https://youtu.be/lS5chgDb8As
But as Snowy Rowles, and many other murderers had found out, the prosecution doesn't need to find the bodies to convict them of murder.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

It took them 3 years after I gave them the cadaver dog report in 2011 to even start the search and ONLY coz I lobbied the members of the state govt including the new Minister of Police. They have found any and all excuses for 15 years now!
I have REAL doubts plod will ever find her!
Yes its a needle in a haystack...
BUT - they haven't even found the haystack yet coz they continue to ignore one important witness sighting that Puts her last known position 12.6 kilometers further east towards Moora.... than where they are now looking.
Where they are looking, is where she STARTED her walk.
The property and reserve they are searching is across the road from intersection Winjardie road and North West Road.
She as dropped at that corner of Winjardie and North West Road opposite Smiler (formerly Wark's) farm by Ag dept Worker Mrs Johnston, at ~1020 a.m. on 29.7.1999.

Stribely the traveling chemical salesman, saw her just east of the Badgingarra road at 11.07am. (A distance of about 4 or 5 km's east from start point at Winjardie rd) towards the intersection of Wathingarra road.

That's the "official" last reported sighting... according to plod & media these last 15 years.

However,

My forensic timeline and walk reconstruction showed that she SHOULD have walked past the corner of Wathingarra road at 11.58 am.

There was a Telstra tech, working at the corner of Wathingarra road on that morning in a below ground communications pit. He says he didn't stop for lunch till about 1205 and sat on tailboard of his ute to eat lunch and didn't see Hayley walk past.

Well if she was due to walk past at 11.58, a full 7 minutes before hand - while he had his head below ground level soldering wires.. likely he wouldn't have seen her.

Also a motor bike rider traveled that road - after Stribley, and he didn't see her!.

Thus its been assumed (incorrectly) that she disappeared within that 20 minute window (1.5km stretch) between Badgingarra road and Wathingarra road!

However,

Totally ignored for the last 15 years is this:-

At 1.20 PM - ~12.6 km's further east than Wathingarra road - at or near the corner of Mungedar road, 2 Telstra technicians "Smith and Bennet" who were doing similar comms pit work to that of the technician working alone at corner of Wathingara road were traveling east along North West Road, towards Corner of Coalara road, for their next job.

Driver SMITH, said he saw a young girl matching Hayley's attire & stature walking east along the left hand side of the road. He commented to his passenger Bennet at the time 'words to the effect' that "it was unusual to see such a young girl walking alone so far from the nearest town"...

Passenger Bennet had his head in the work manual checking details for the next job at Coalara road so didn't look up from his manual in time to see Hayley, as the driver Smith did - when he made the remark!

As a result some police person in the original investigation - made a decision to ignore the reported sighting by Smith (because it couldn't be visually confirmed by the passenger Bennet) ~ 12.6km's further east along North West Road near the corner of Mungedar road, at 1.20 pm - almost 3 hours AFTER she commenced her walk at Winjardie road corner at 10.20 am - where WAPOL have been concentrating their search on Wark's Old Property and the reserve behind, and just 47 minutes later (11.07) when Stribley saw her just east of Badgingarra road/North West Road intersection.

This is the Haystack problem WAPOL are having.

Hayley managed to walk at least 2 hours and 15 minutes...(At approx 5.6km/hour) or 12.6 km's PAST where Plod thinks she was last seen.

Her destination was at the 22.5 km mark on that North East Road and she commenced her walk at Winjardie road corner intersection when Mrs Johnston dropped her off which is some 4kms into the 22.5 km walk.

So her total distance, needed to walk was 18.5 km's.

I believe she made it to within 1.5 km;s of the gate to the farm at the 22.5 km mark based on Smiths sighting thats been ignored all these years.

So a total of just 17 kms to actually walk - between 10.20 am and 13.20 pm or 3 hours.

That's a walk rate of about 5.66 Km's hour!.

The AVERAGE person (adult) walks at about 4 miles an hour... (6.4 km//hour), BUT- Hayley was short (5ft 2 or 3inches ) so had a shorter stride than an adult ALSO there are long slow incline hills - that would slow her down a little.

I got my then 20 year old daughter who's Hayley's height (5ft 2inches) to actually walk this section of road from Winjardie road starting at 10.20 am.

Her average rate of travel? ~ 5.66 km's per hour!

She went past Wathingarra road at 11.58am - 7 minutes before the telstra tech working there would have stopped for lunch.

She was near the corner Mungedar road at approx 1.20 PM!

I KNOW from constructing a forensic timeline and reconstructing Hayley's walk with someone of her height and stride length - that the sighting by Telstra Techs Smith (and not his passenger Bennet) at ~ 1.20 PM just near the corner of Mungedar road is reliable and should be considered factual.

This places the Hay Stack - where WAPOL SHOULD be searching, way further east by 2 & 1/4 hours (almost ~12.6 kms) further EAST than where they are now looking.

It also places her last known position within about 500 meters of the GPS co-ordinates I gave in the post above for her remains - based on my code and Gemmatria numerical analysis work.

Facts are that crime stats the world over show - most killers don't travel more than a mile on average in a vehicle to dump their victims remains.

Everything "fits", time and distance wise, as to where she most likely is located IMHO...

The fact after 15 years of investigation WAPOL can't get this right really worry's me.

Other that take metal detector, ground penetrating radar and a cadaver dog up there my self and try to find her what more can I physically do?

Hey do you know if frank kept pigs on his property??

Just wondering if anyone knows if Francis wark kept pigs on his property- as he did in millaa millaa and he was rather fond of pigs - even calling his dog Mrs Piggy

Just wondering if anyone knows if Francis wark kept pigs on his property- as he did in millaa millaa and he was rather fond of pigs - even calling his dog Mrs Piggy

Hi lifeisbeachy - I did mention just, after the Wark trial, that pigs will eat human remains. I don’t know if Wark kept pigs. There would have been piggeries in the area. It would be the quickest and easiest way to dispose of a human. Especially such a petite person. Nobody has ever answered my post. So it would seem we think along the same lines. MOO

This looks like the promo they're putting out for the "Sunday Night" programme tonight.

"Hannabel Lecter without the mask" features!

Just came across this article in a UK newspaper re the lady who escaped after Frances Wark raped her in Queensland.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-hitchhiker-killer-murdered-Hayley-Dodd.html

Hi everyone - just watched 60 min which had the story of the Queensland rape that Wark was convicted for. All I can say is I hope that poor woman “Andrea” as they called her in the interview makes heaps of money selling her story. I also hope she can eventually get over what Wark did to her. She knows she shouldn’t be alive that it was a miricle she escaped. That’s what she thinks about now. I wonder how many other women are victims of Wark. MOO

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2...k avoid conviction and torment another victim
By Liz Little
60 Minutes Digital Producer
news.com.au
8:58pm Apr 8, 2018

‘The Australian hitchhiker killer responsible for the murder of Hayley Dodd and atrocious crimes against another woman should – and could – have been convicted years ago had it not been for police inaction and a shocking oversight.

On 60 Minutes, reporter Ross Coulthart spoke exclusively to Andrea – a victim of evil predator Frank Wark, who believes she would have avoided her horrific ordeal had WA police properly investigated Wark’s crimes.’

Click on headline (above) for more.

The Face of Evil
"Frank Wark is about as evil as a man can be. Thankfully, he is now in prison, where he is likely to spend the rest of his life. For years he was free to commit atrocious attacks on women, including rape and murder. If that isn’t horrendous enough, what is truly alarming is that we now know Wark’s crime spree could have, and should have, been stopped as soon it began. But as Ross Coulthart discovers, this violent predator, now aged 61, was able to continue his nefarious ways due to some of the sloppiest police work you will ever see.
Reporter: Ross Coulthart
Producer: Grace Tobin"

https://tvtonight.com.au/2018/04/60-minutes-apr-8-2.html

Hayley Dodd's murderer almost caught three weeks after her death

By Rebecca Johns • Reporter

Jan 24, 2018

"This is the first time this footage has ever been seen outside a court but police didn't record sound, so it isn’t known what the murderer told them to cover up his crime.

A bearded Wark is seen on crutches keeping a close eye on officers while they scour his property.

In his shed officers pay particular attention to four items - an explosives packet, a black bike helmet, a tin of metal casings, and two number plates."

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2...rer-almost-caught-three-weeks-after-her-death

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back