Found Safe Australia - James, 3, Karli Rise, Yallingup, 19 Sept 2020

Sounds like it would be to cold for snakes??

I hope so. But I am not sure about that. It has been warm, it just turned cool and rainy. A Perth friend has been posting pics of beautiful weather recently.
Last year at this time an expert was giving talks to youngsters about safety around snakes in that region.

School holiday activity - Reptile awareness presentation (2019-10-01)

Last week's weather in the Margaret River area (close by to Yallingup)
Past Weather in Augusta-Margaret River Shire, Western Australia, Australia — Yesterday or Further Back

Last edited:
I remember when a five year old went missing from a campsite west of Sydney and whilst the search concentrated close the the camp site he was found on a road several kilometres away.

I hope they are not underestimating how fast a child can move.

There appears to be an indigenous community there. Wardan Aboriginal Centre is close by, displaying their beautiful works as well as their local heritage.

Mr Webb, who appears to be indigenous, says ...... "Once a kid gets going like that there, you probably lose him pretty quick."
Three-year-old boy wearing Spiderman pyjamas reported missing in Yallingup, in WA's south west

Hopefully, if they have the skills, the indigenous will be utilised in the search. They often know their own natural landscapes like the back of their hands. IMO

I remember when a five year old went missing from a campsite west of Sydney and whilst the search concentrated close to the camp site he was found on a road several kilometres away.

I hope they are not underestimating how fast a child can move.

There are some concerning (IMO) comments on social media and on the local community page about how small the search area was for the first several hours of the search and that it wasn't widened or made into a proper grid search until halfway through the day.

There are some concerning (IMO) comments on social media and on the local community page about how small the search area was for the first several hours of the search and that it wasn't widened or made into a proper grid search until halfway through the day.
From people trained in land & ground search no doubt :rolleyes:

He’s used to dogs should he hear a dog barking he might walk towards it.
I guess it depends on the James’ personality, if he’s timid he might hide away from strangers and sob quietly and those noisy choppers may have drown out his cries.

Prayers for an update that he’s been found safe.

The SES canine unit offered their services 7 hours ago - according to a comment by the SES canine unit on the WA police FB page.

Western Australia Police Force
WA SES -Canine Unit

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe that anyone from the SES would have time to post on SM atm.

There are very clear policy & procedures to follow . From hours & days of evidence & which I heard in the WT inquest IMO

I've read comments from people who were working in the command centre. The formal command centre wasn't set up until around midday, 4.5 hours after he was last seen. I'm not sure how long that compares to WT's search.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back