GUILTY Australia - Jamie Gao, 20, murdered, Padstow, NSW, 20 May 2014

Great find Ausgirl reading now! Looks like there's a bit of bad blood between him and Crown prosecutor, Mark Tedeschi, Q.C., could be fun if he is the prosecutor in this case ..

Seedy Sydney: are we in a timewarp?

2UE Video Editorial: Is Sydney in a timewarp? John Stanley & Garry Linnell on Roger Rogerson, the seedy side of Sydney, and a return to the 80's. There is one thing that has changed for police, and it's a huge step forward.

Video at link: http://www.2ue.com.au/blogs/2ue-blog/seedy-sydney-are-we-in-a-timewarp/20140527-390o0.html

In regards to strategy in this case, considering the amount of footage and evidence involved, I wonder if Roger the Dodger will be doing a little informing of his own in the hope of a reduced sentence or easier prison conditions? Perhaps that was part of the reason for the audience with the commissioner today?

BBM - I think you can count on that :facepalm:

2GB

Gao suffered 2 gunshot wounds to the chest

Roberson denied bail & could spend the night at Bankstown cells.

Respectfully snipped by me...
My Bold...
In regards to strategy in this case, considering the amount of footage and evidence involved, I wonder if Roger the Dodger will be doing a little informing of his own in the hope of a reduced sentence or easier prison conditions? Perhaps that was part of the reason for the audience with the commissioner today?

I totally agree.
There will be deals going on - and a lot of other people involved in this racket suddenly going into hiding or on holidays OS.
Roger Rogerson and Glen McNamara will lead them on a merry chase with very few arrests.
It would be interesting to know who the other clients of lawyer Paul Kenny - who has he represented in the past?

Mrs G Norris said:
I know .. is this the most incompetent crime in recent history? This paragraph astounded me ..

The two experienced former police officers are alleged to have used their own cars. It is claimed that Mr Gao’s body was put in McNamara’s white station wagon, which was followed by Rogerson in his silver Ford Falcon.

http://www.news.com.au/national/jami...-1226932430754

I suppose we have to give them a small amount of a break for being active before the advent of the mobile phone and CCTV cameras everywhere, but seriously .. and did they really need to murder James Gao to take the drugs off him, what was he going to do to them?

add to this the way they disposed of the body - a blue tarp, some rope and chains, and thrown into the ocean. Then the body floated to the surface.

They have CCTV footage
They have the body
They have the cause of death

and RR lawyer is complaining because of the way Rogerson was arrested
:facepalm:

:jail::jail:

Police will allege Mr Gao was killed in an alleged $3 million ice — methamphetamine — deal gone wrong.

http://www.news.com.au/national/jam...-across-the-city/story-fncynjr2-1226932430754

My question would be where did Jamie get his hands on this amount of Ice?? None of his friends knew he was into drugs, let alone that amount.

Did he steal it from them to begin with and it was payback for the theft?

So many questions ....

Yes exactly!! Where did it come from? How many people would have access to that amount of drugs?
Or was he a mule? Maybe he really didn't know the extent of what he was doing?

Anyone heard of the presumption of innocence?
And the title of this forum should have 'allegedly murdered', no trial has occurred yet.

I doubt either of these two have owned the right to be called innocent since they left primary school.

The courts have to presume them innocent. I sure don't.

Anyone heard of the presumption of innocence?
And the title of this forum should have 'allegedly murdered', no trial has occurred yet.

They have CCTV footage of McNamara and Rogerson entering the storage unit with an alive Jamie Gao, then emerging carrying 'an object' wrapped in a blue tarp, which was later found floating off Cronulla and identified as the body of Mr Gao.

With this kind of evidence the presumption of innocent is merely a formality.

Roger’s dodging days are over: Rogerson charged over the murder of student Jamie Gao

IT was in unit 803, a bare brick rented storage room, where Jamie Gao was shot twice in the chest by two former detectives, police will allege.

CCTV footage allegedly shows the ex-cops Roger Rogerson and Glen McNamara walking out of the unit alone just 10 minutes after arriving with Mr Gao last Tuesday.

They then backed their own station wagons up to the unit’s roller door, where they allegedly carried out Mr Gao’s body wrapped in a surfboard cover and a blue tarpaulin.

http://www.news.com.au/national/rog...tudent-jamie-gao/story-fncynjr2-1226933844864

Say cheese!!

I'm wondering if they tracked Jamie Gao to the storage facility using his cell phone pings, then the investigation unfolded from there?

Cops win battle of arresting PR stunts

FORMER Sydney detective Roger Rogerson’s plans to control when and where he would be arrested were shattered yesterday when police surrounded his Padstow home and brought him out in handcuffs.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...esting-pr-stunts/story-fni0cx12-1226933815859

I must say, I did enjoy the part of the footage where police push aside the lawyer as he is talking to media.

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2014/s4013410.htm

Day of heartbreak for victim’s family

AS chaotic scenes unfolded at accused murderer Roger Rogerson’s home, the family and friends of Jamie Gao were being dealt the most heartbreaking blow.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r-victims-family/story-fni0cx12-1226933815044

The Roger I knew. By Mark Morri, crime editior.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...rites-mark-morri/story-fni0cx12-1226933376133

Dodger the cat burglar

HE’S the disgraced ex-cop charged with murder.

But the last time I saw Roger Rogerson he was sitting beneath a plush blanket on my Versace settee, stroking a cat. A terrified cat.

“You’ve got a beautiful cat,” he said, as I arrived home from picking up pizza.

“I don’t have a cat,” I said.

Turns out Roger the Dod-ger, as I knew him, had accidentally kidnapped my neighbour’s cat from the front yard.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/dodger-the-cat-burglar/story-fni0cx12-1226933812608

I'll leave it there, those speaking tours were just in such bad taste.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national...dly-shot-gao-twice-before-dumping-body-at-sea

Student shot twice before dumped at sea: police

Former detectives Roger Rogerson and Glen McNamara shot 20-year-old student Jamie Gao twice in the chest before placing his body in a silver surfboard bag in a rented storage room, police will allege.

CCTV footage allegedly shows the two ex-cops walking into an industrial area with the student in Sydney's south last Tuesday before they walked out alone only 10 minutes later.

The pair then backed their station wagon up to the storage shed where they allegedly loaded Mr Gao's body wrapped in the surfboard bag and blue tarpaulin into the car.

Officers later seized the surfboard bag from McNamara's Cronulla home as well as clothing he was allegedly wearing in the security footage.

Really for ex cops / detectives, you'd expect a cleaner crime! It's quite baffling really? Why did they bumble it up so badly?

Really for ex cops / detectives, you'd expect a cleaner crime! It's quite baffling really? Why did they bumble it up so badly?

Yes it's strange, they should know better to do this so openly - maybe they need to go inside for protection from someone else - who knows!

Arrogance is the reason they did it like they did. They both believe they'll get off with little consequence.

I'm going with stupidity and arrogance too. It really is unbelievable, but let's face it, the only reason Roger Rogerson got away with the crimes he committed during his career was because others around him were willing to cover for him, if he shot Warren Lanfranchi in a Chippendale street today, the whole thing would be captured on CCTV too.

I'm really just thinking out loud here, no hard and fast theories. But...

I have to wonder whether McNamara and Rogerson were also just couriers. Two old dirty cops, maybe the buyer had dealt with them in the past and offered them good money for the pick-up.

I have no doubt that Gao was expendable.

Maybe McN and R were thrilled to find the drop-off being made by a sole, young, clueless man and thought they could bump him off, dispose of the body and say he never showed, putting the blame on a never-to-be-found (they thought!!!) Jamie. Thus, keeping drugs and money both. The crime looks sloppy, because it was - a decision made on the spot. But why not just leave his body there and sneak off? Why risk taking the time to dispose of Jamie?

Maybe they were more scared of the dealers than the risk of being caught.

But somehow, I find it very odd that a drug deal worth 3 million is trusted to the hands of a lone student, with no visible ties to a gang.

Was it a set-up? Had couriers 'disappeared' before? Was Jamie's selection as courier more to do with the fact he would not easily be traced back to the dealer when things went pear-shaped, perhaps as expected?

It can no longer be argued that the former detective was a misunderstood "old school" cop who fell foul of a reformist police culture that could not tolerate his unconventional hit-first, ask-questions-later approach.

There's several cops like that who are legendary among cops and criminals both, and who I don't think anyone has ever had any doubt were 'dirty', yet they're lauded the same way.

I had a bit of a strange moment yesterday, researching old school corruption. I discovered a cop connected to my own family in a terrible way once (legally) got away with murder, and I know he went on to an illustrious career because I've seen him on the telly. Painful part of my life to poke around in, but I can say right now, there was a culture in which these men thought they were ---gods--- and could just use people as they wished, get away with anything. Finding that tidbit in black and white just really brought the fact home for me.

Digging a bit further, I find another dirty cop associated with the above, who I know was sacked for being dirty, has been entrenched in a very prominent Govt job ever since.

These men get looked after, they get protected. They did back then - and they do now. That's what's behind my suspicion of a set-up, whether it went that way or not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back