Australia Australia - Jane, 9, Arnna, 7, & Grant Beaumont, 4, Adelaide, 26 Jan 1966

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by paul1980, Jan 20, 2015.

1. paul1980

paul1980 Member

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaumont_children_disappearance

Jane Nartare Beaumont (aged 9; born 10 September 1956), Arnna Kathleen Beaumont (aged 7; born 11 November 1958), and Grant Ellis Beaumont (aged 4; born 12 July 1961) were three siblings collectively known as the Beaumont children who disappeared from Glenelg Beach near Adelaide, South Australia on Australia Day, 26 January 1966.

Their case resulted in one of the largest police investigations in Australian criminal history and remains one of Australia's most infamous cold cases. The huge attention given to this case, its significance in Australian criminal history, and the fact that the mystery of their disappearance has never been explained, has led to the story being revisited by the press on a regular basis. It is also viewed by many social commentators as a significant event in the evolution of Australian society, with a large number of people changing the way they supervised their children on a daily basis.

2. Loading...

3. annegrete

annegrete New Member

4. Little Jedi

Little Jedi "I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equa

5. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

This thread is open for posting again. ONE MORE allegation against a particular individual, or persons, will result in a permanemt, irrevocable ban for the poster raising suspicions.

Thank you.

Bessie
    WS Administrator

6. paul1980

paul1980 Member

It was interesting to find out from Jane's babysitting note to her parents that the police released that Grant still wore a nappy, at least at night, despite being nearly five.

7. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

This is one tragic case I sadly believe won't ever be solved so much time has passed and the perp most likely dead.

8. paul1980

paul1980 Member

Yeah... the perp probably was laughing on his deathbed *rage.seethe.boil*

9. paul1980

paul1980 Member

the Beaumont Children episode of Crime Investigation Australia:

the re-enacting nine year old "Jane Beaumont" is wearing a bright pink "Speedo" little girl's swimsuit. Was Speedo even around in 1966? And even if they were, did their girl's swimsuits really look like that?

The re-enacting "Grant Beaumont" was not the right age but it would be hard to find a real four year old that could grasp acting.

10. Bohemian

Bohemian Well-Known Member

Could you please provide a link, Paul?

11. paul1980

paul1980 Member

[video=youtube;rZrfxfo19Cg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZrfxfo19Cg[/video]

12. Bohemian

Bohemian Well-Known Member

Thanks Paul x

13. paul1980

paul1980 Member

[video=youtube;E6rvbwQ_NcA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6rvbwQ_NcA[/video]

14. paul1980

paul1980 Member

I think the weirdest thing was the police involving that celebrity psychic from Europe, as mentioned in the Crime Investigation Australia episode. It was a desperate gamble to find the children but it only can have discredited the police.

15. paul1980

paul1980 Member

The Beaumont children were carrying a lot of stuff with them that Australia Day but the items were never found either. The killer probably just burnt them in his backyard incinerator, along with Jane and Arnna's bathing suits and Grant's swim shorts.

16. paul1980

paul1980 Member

Be nice if it was possible for the Beaumonts to be able to return from the Undiscovered Country ("from whose bourn
    no traveller returns") to Earth and see our time. Though i think there'd be a lot of culture shock for the Beaumont girls upon arriving... for starters, a little girl in 1966 Australia still had to wear dresses to school, even in the coldest weather.

17. MelmothTheLost

MelmothTheLost Well-Known Member

Actually that's not out of the ordinary. Children don't stay dry at night until their body produces a particular hormone which stops the night-time production of urine, and that happens any time from the age of two onwards. From what I've read, doctors in the UK don't generally treat bed-wetting until the child is 7 since that's the age by which the hormone should be being produced by a normal child. Even then they tend not to undertake serious tests on the child until the age of 9 in case it's simply a case of late development.

18. paul1980

paul1980 Member

I think that the children went with whoever took them willingly, at least at first. We'll probably never know what happened after that.

19. Satch

Satch Well-Known Member

WOW!

Just learned about this case today. "The Beaumont Children" is one of the most baffling missing person's cases in Australian history. It shocked Australia. Setting new standards for stricter control over how parents and guardians supervise their children. Thoughts for study:

1.) Several witnesses reported seeing a "Surfer dude" in his 30's with a tall skinny frame and blond hair. He was watching the children play at the beach. I think he went up to talk to them. Others said that later he was laughing and playing with the children. I honestly think that whoever this person was, is the person who abducted them.

2.) Mr. Beaumont gave conflicting statements. He said that the kids left the house at 1:00pm and were supposed to be home by 5:00 PM. This was his original statement. I saw a picture of the case file online today. Later, he recanted his statement, saying the kids left at 10am. Some reports say that Mrs/ Beaumont wanted them home by 12 for lunch. Some reports say 2:00. I find the time differences, especially by the father to be bizarre.

3.) A postman said that he saw the children alone and knew them. He even said they stopped to say hello. I don't think the unidentified man was with the children at that time. He said it was around 3:00pm, but a lot of investigator say that it was earlier in the day. Why wouldn't the postman tell the children that their parents were worried about them? Even taking them home at that time? Unless they were not reported missing at that time.

4.) The children only had pocket change with them according to Mrs. Beaumont, but made a purchase at a grocery story totaling at least $1.00 in American money. Someone gave Jane Beaumont the money.

5.) Reports say the children were initially to go to the beach with their Mother after Mrs. Beaumont finished her housecleaning. The kids wanted to go to the beach alone and had gone alone before. Mrs. Beaumont gave them strict rules about staying together, not talking to strangers, and looking out for each other when they left the house. Do you think the kids at age 9, 7, and 4, were too young to be taking a bus and traveling alone? Even though the bus ride was only five minutes from their house to the beach?

Satch

20. paul1980

paul1980 Member

They were abducted on 26th January 1996. "Dollars and Cents" was to come in on 14th February so Jane was given a pound note by our mysterious person. Of course, one pound would buy a lot more in 1966 than one dollar would in 2017.

21. DRT

DRT Active Member