Australia Australia - Janine Vaughan, 31, Bathurst, NSW, 7 Dec 2001

Thanks drsleuth!

I had seen that link and read the article but was wondering if they had contacted the Bathurst paper direct as they put it in the section where people's letters go.

So it's really just the same one and not that they had reached out to the Western Advocate.

That one is also behind a paywall for me.

I get why the family isn't happy from other articles I was able to read and from the posts here. So it doesn't really matter if I don't see this exact article. The family quite naturally see it as victim blaming.

Yep, I understand why they are so careful on who they share their story with, they have been thru sooooo much , been lied to , left out etc.

I'm glad they are happy with the current police & can finally build some trust after all that they have had to cop with the many mistakes made in the initial investigation.

I remember probably a year or more before the night driver came out & I was talking to Kylie about podcasts & their Doco ( a while after The Teachers Pet came out & about how good it was etc & it would be great if they could get Hedley on board etc ) & at the time unbeknown to me ( & rightly so ) that Kylie was already talking to Hedley & the Night Driver was being discussed.

Kylie let me know a day before it as announced & apologised for not telling me at the time, I told I fully understood .

They are just the nicest family.

I was thinking an awful thing re people convicted of murdering someone and not saying where the body is.
They do say that sometimes there is a death bed confession. Though I can't recall ever hearing of anyone who confessed on their death bed.

My thought was to make the person "think" they were dying. I suppose something like that would be totally against the law though.

But I did wonder if it might work. Or maybe a truth drug, slipped into them.

I think I'm getting angry at all those poor families going through hell. I'm not advocating that LE or anyone does anything that's not legal.

All it would take is an anonymous call to crime stoppers, not that hard really :(

I fear that the person responsible ( or who may know some answers ) might have died along with their secrets..........

It will be 20 yrs this December, family members have passed on not knowing, Kylie & Adam have gown up in their 20's, 30's 40's living this nightmare the whole time as has Ian, Janine's dad. Janine's mum passed not knowing as her grandmother........

I hope Ian gets answers before god forbid he passes too.........

I just can't imagine living this nightmare the family have/are, I think it would eat me alive.

But rest assured, this family won't give up..........

The facts are Janine was inebriated.
This should not offend the family having this truth put out there.
It also is no justification or free pass for what happened to her.
Closed minded peoples opinions says more about them than her.( or anyone on any topic)

Ive said it before I'll say it again..... pretty damn impressive pulling all nighters on a worknight at 30!:cool:

moo

I watched the Under Investigation episode about Janine .... it was good for Janine's case to get it on air again, a dedicated hour long show - not everyone listens to podcasts or follows Facebook pages, so that can only have been a positive for the case. Sure, they got some things wrong, some misleads in there, but it may open the way to new information, so worth a shot. I hadn't seen that extra CCTV footage before, so that was pretty interesting. Janine didn't look intoxicated to me, she was moving about like she was in full control - Liz's chuckles when she made the "inebriated" comment was just "off", but maybe that was nerves or something, not sure, but nonetheless she clearly wants this case solved.

Hey, does anyone know if Janine had recently purchased a car? Could the guy in the car have been a car salesman? Just starting to wonder about the things in the car, and how he was dressed .... and maybe someone related/connected to someone from the uni?

And AJ, his car was searched a week or so after Janine's disappearance, wasn't it, so the police would have had Lynette's information on what to look for .... did they spot those things, or take a photo to show Lynette - I don't believe her information was released to the press at that stage, the details about the little box hanging from the rear vision mirror, dashmat with HY and XL on it, umbrella .........
I'm listening to the podcast again from the start - so many clues, but no answers. Hopefully there'll be a break in the case soon.

Bathurst community rally to help build missing persons billboard

THE people of Bathurst and beyond are being asked to crowdfund for a billboard which will feature the city's three missing people.

Ideally, around $12,000 needs to be raised to pay for the billboard and a second banner which will feature not only Janine, but the city's two other missing persons, Jessica Small and Andrew Russell.

Having heard all the episodes in the podcast do you think this case will be solved? I reckon there's a good chance of it, cold case team working on it with access to all the necessary intel, new leads; Hedley and his team have done a superb job. After episodes 10 and 11 I started to see it all from a completely different perspective. Moving on from that, there was one person in the podcast I would have liked to hear a bit more about, but they seemed to have been skipped over rather quickly .......
Let's hope 2021 is the year Janine's disappearance is solved. Here's hoping.

I didn't get a lot out of it.
Think it was my bias hope of the same success as teachers pet.
When I can, I will listen to it again with my full attention and hopefully see and hear as much as you did puzzle.
There was someone I felt was skimmed over quickly too likely the same person.

Did see an ad on channel 9 today advertising a new show hosted by Liz Hayes coming soon.
There was a picture of Janine included.
Seems Hedleys work again has instigated the right kinda noise.
That man deserves a police badge......;)
omg ..embarrassed to say I skipped a few pages and in the process actually had no idea there was 2 new episode in the night driver.
And even more embarrassed with this previous post above because I was only going off up to episode 9.
Puzzle u must have laughed at my didn't get much out of it....:D
cause BOOM!! they were excellent .
I got so much out of it, going to have to listen a few times.

:)

Just a headsup for those following The Night Driver page on the Podbean site, a couple of episodes there are nothing to do with The Night Driver or Janine Vaughan.

I see there's one new one there from the 30th March 2021, titled The Breakdown". It's something to do with the state of Australian Rugby League.
There was also one there awhile ago about a completely different case. That one seems to have been taken down.

omg ..embarrassed to say I skipped a few pages and in the process actually had no idea there was 2 new episode in the night driver.
And even more embarrassed with this previous post above because I was only going off up to episode 9.
Puzzle u must have laughed at my didn't get much out of it....:D
cause BOOM!! they were excellent .
I got so much out of it, going to have to listen a few times.

:)
Hahaha, don't be embarrassed ... glad you found those two eps, they are pretty interesting k-mac. Those episodes did change my thinking on the case, however, still lurking in the background we've got the eye-witnesses who say AJ tried to give them a lift in strange and suspicious circumstances, still not sure about that .... these women seem to be 100 per cent sure it was him, and then he's a deeply religious/spiritual man and says it wasn't him - wouldn't he fess up to it if it was him - this still bothers me.
PS: But then again we've got a possible Hyundai dashmat in the car .... it's all very puzzling.

Missing persons banner is ready for July 24 reveal

The Billboard featuring Jessica Small, Janine Vaughan, and Andrew Russell will be erected in the Bathurst CBD in time for Missing Person's week in August.
It will be revealed on Saturday 24th July at 11am.

The Billboard was crowdfunded.

"Three families are looking for answers"

Behind Paywall.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member